Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration Voice featured in Bloomberg News

Credit goes to Learning01 for initiating contact with Bloomberg and helping us with this

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...r4Bio&refer=us

Last edited by ragz4u; 05-15-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all
Default Good job guys!

Good job Learning01, Shrey!

Old 05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
learning01 is on a distinguished road
Default Also picked up at IHT

Bloomberg story at International Herald Tribune: U.S. firms press Congress to open door to technology workers (Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
Credit goes to Learning01 for initiating contact with Bloomberg and helping us with this

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...r4Bio&refer=us

Old 05-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice gc_maine2 is just really nice
Default Good Job

Good JOb Learning01 for your efforts, and Thanks Ras4u for posting it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
Bloomberg story at International Herald Tribune: U.S. firms press Congress to open door to technology workers (Link)

Old 05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold

Great job Learning01.

Media publicity will definitely have a positive impact to our cause.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default It's bravo IV. But we have more work to do.

nandakumar:
It's bravo IV. Each of us should tell and motivate others to join IV. You see for most part, your posting in these forums in IV is very anonymous. I think except for yourself, no one can get see your profile details including your full name, phone number etc.

Also, keep looking for opportunities to write to editors, anchors etc., whenever they speak rubbish. All that we are doing now is letting the media know that legal immigrants have huge issues and unresolved problems. We are writing to them that things have been very unfair. We are educating them.

As I said in many posts in this forum:
1) Speak and/or write to your employers about these issues. I have done so on many occasions. They have the greatest influence and benefit on the CIR outcome.
2) Write to news anchors.
3) Write and motivate your colleagues.

Be aware that the congress is 'kumbakarna' (in perpetual slumber) and I quote from discussion of Post-Politics at WaPo.
Quote:
washingtonpost.com's Daily Politics Discussion
Tom Edsall Washington Post National Political Reporter
Monday, May 15, 2006; 11:00 AM
Boston, Mass.: How do you think the President's massive, overwhelming unpopularity is affecting Congress? What kind of work do you see Congress getting done for the American people in the coming months?

Tom Edsall: The American people should not hold their collective breath, except recipients of capital gains and dividend income, who apparently will be protected from a rate increase for two more years.
I will relax with a relief and see the beginning of solution to our issues, only when a bill is before President G.W.Bush for signing. Till then we must double or intensify our efforts. Also, know what the other side is doing.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning01
nandakumar:
It's bravo IV. Each of us should tell and motivate others to join IV. You see for most part, your posting in these forums in IV is very anonymous. I think except for yourself, no one can get see your profile details including your full name, phone number etc.

Also, keep looking for opportunities to write to editors, anchors etc., whenever they speak rubbish. All that we are doing now is letting the media know that legal immigrants have huge issues and unresolved problems. We are writing to them that things have been very unfair. We are educating them............

learning01:

I have given all my details including my address, employer details in my profile except for my Phone number. Not sure how to enable it to see others. I tried clicking 7-8 members profile including yours but not able to view any details. Am I doing something wrong?

Btw, besides my contribution, I have made more then 20 people to contribute and as well made more then 50 to become IV members by creating threads in forums like murthy.com & immigration.com. I'm the first person to let the people in Cisco systems to know about IV during its initial stage by mailing to the common email aliases used by Indians and Chinese and only person to do so until Apr 15, I left Cisco after that. I faced lot of criticisms but even then I would mail at least once in 3 weeks and remind them the importance of joining and contributing to IV. I believe there are at least 100 members from Cisco.

I made my friends to contribute and made them to post details about IV in companies such as HP, NetApp, BMS, and Symantec etc.

I have also volunteered when the admin or shery wanted volunteers.

I may not have done exceptional contribution when compared to the core members and senior member like you but did contribute to best of my effort and have email proofs/appreciation from members who have joined and contributed because of my initiation. Please send a private msg with your contact email, I can forward those emails.

No offence, explaining my side of the story.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks. You are doing all the right things.

nandakumar:

I wanted other to know that participating in IV forums is totally anonymous. I assume that's the way this movement originators wanted it that way. I will ask 'admin' to comment on this. Is it possible for forum users to show and view other's profiles? (I guess not) and if yes how to turn it off.

I admire your efforts. I am watching the commetary on President Bush's speech. I will reply to other points at a later time. Bye.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bkam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let's be careful

There is no need everyone to be able to see personal details of the IV members. The admin should keep this list securely locked and use only when appropriate. A lot of bad things can happen if this data is open for the public.

More than 3,000 people have trusted the core members by sending their personal details and this trust should not be abused. We must be careful!