Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts
Default New and a bit unsure

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but it is the closest topic I could find for my question.
I have received my biometrics appointment letter and have to go for the fingerprinting on July 9th, 2009.
I filed the I-485 application in 2007 and this is the first communication I have had from them since then. I don't remember if I filed the $80 biometrics fee (I think I did) along with the I-485, but if so, I don't need to bring another $80 to the appointment do I?
Also, what exactly goes on during this appointment? Do they just do fingerprinting or is there other stuff that needs to get done.
I am a bit naive about this and don't know anyone who has gone through it. I just want the green card and be done with this as I'm sure you can understand.
Of course, the I-797C letter doesn't state that I am approved for anything so I'm still in limbo as far as my status goes.
Does this biometrics appointment generally guarantee the green card or how does this work?
If someone could give me a clearer picture of what to expect I would appreciate any and all the help you have to offer. Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

you dont need to take any money with you. you should have paid the money along with your 485 application. they will take your finger prints and a digital photo of yourself.
these will be used for the FBI name check and background clearance.
after you are done with it, and if you are from one of the retrogressed countries, sit back and go on with your life. no point in getting frustrated, as it serves no purpose. having been in this mess for over 10 years, i have come to accept it and am continuing with my life.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts luvschocolates is infamous around these parts

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have my previous I-797C notice and it states that I paid $395.00, which I believe did include that biometrics fee - at least I have this info if they need it.
What frustrates me though is that I cannot legally work, I don't have employment authorization and basically I can't do anything until I have some sort of legal status that allows me to work.
I have a unique situation, in that I work in a private residence taking care of a disabled person and I'm not sure if and when I get the green card, that I will be allowed to take on another job. Right now I'm getting room and board in exchange for taking care of this person but there is no actual wage being paid out. Any money I do get is from family or friends and it's a crappy way to live. I mean the home I'm in is fine, everyone is good to me, and I'm not lacking anything but it's a bit embarrassing to always have to ask for someone to buy this or that for me, such as toiletries, medications and such. I'm 40 years old and I should be able to support myself.
That is the reason I'm hoping that the green card will be approved after this biometrics appointment and I can get on with my life.
I have no intentions of abandoning the person I am taking care of but I still would like another job besides since I have a lot of free time. I guess time will tell.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

i see that you are chargeable to canada. it all depends on when your PD and category are. If it is EB3, then you will know about your approximate approveable date from the October 2009 visa bulletin. with EB3 quota for ROW unavailable, no fresh GC for EB3 are available until Oct 2009. If it is EB2, you should have received your GC by now.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Honestly, I don't have a clue about any of that information, the EB2 or EB3 or the PD - as I mentioned earlier, they have not corresponded with me for 22 months and I haven't got the faintest idea of where I stand or under what category. The I-797 doesn't say what the PD is - that space is blank on the first one and the 2nd one doesn't have it at all.
I'm quite confused by the whole thing and sort of just flying by the seat of my pants and doing as I'm told when I'm told LOL.
I've done everything by the book so far but it still doesn't help my current situation of not being able to work legally. I have had multiple health problems in the past year and without insurance my medical bills are stacking up. I certainly hope that my GC will not be denied due to credit problems because right now I can't afford to pay anybody anything and all because I cannot have a job to do so. They sure know how to make a mess of someone's life while they make you wait.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.