Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
supreet will become famous soon enough supreet will become famous soon enough
Default URGENT - Biometric Notice after being laid off

Hello All,

I an Aug 2007 filer and have been working on EAD since Feb 2008. I was laid of last month (May 15th) and I am yet to find a job. I just recieved a notice for an ASC Appointment for our Biometrics.

1. Is it safe to go for finger printing while I am out of job?
2. Should we get it rescheduled till I get a new job with the same profile?
3. If we do go for the biometrics, can they ask for a proof of continuous employment?

Our EAD is valid till Sept 2010. This is our first biometrics appointment. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

- S
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Biometrics notice has got nothing to do with your job loss. They are just going to finger print you and not interview. Infact you are kind of lucky to get the notice, lot of people have to fight for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreet View Post
Hello All,

I an Aug 2007 filer and have been working on EAD since Feb 2008. I was laid of last month (May 15th) and I am yet to find a job. I just recieved a notice for an ASC Appointment for our Biometrics.

3. If we do go for the biometrics, can they ask for a proof of continuous employment?

Our EAD is valid till Sept 2010. This is our first biometrics appointment. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

- S

Old 06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough maxy is a jewel in the rough

lots of July 2007 filers are getting BIO appointment. I got one after long long time. (so many SR's ...lost count)

I also think that it has got nothing to do with employment verification ...

Good luck

Old 06-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yess

Please carry all W2 and also the driving licence which you got by not showing the EAD as the photo ID. Also make sure to carry all the investment and money transfers you made in your home country. They will once you enter the office might arrest and deport you as they already know you lost your job, thats the reason they threw the bait of biometric to catch you.

DUDE....
What does biometric guys have to do with your job??? They won't even know what application have had you applied for. They are simple clerks whose job is to take finger print and thats it.. won't you read or understand the process ... what job were you in previously? Is it Information Take no Logy.? Are you the one "BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supreet View Post
Hello All,

Thanks!!

- S

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
: