Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road
Default Hard Quota Memo on Benders Immigration Bulletin

Our Hard Quota Memo (in our Resources section) is now posted on the widely read Bender's Immigration Bulletin http://bibdaily.com/index.cgi

Before we created this memo, this fact was not widely known and we are doing our best to get the word out.

best,
Berkeleybee
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Job! Next time we find out something like this, I would recommend sending an email about the information we found and request them to publish officially on their websites like immigration.com,immigration-law.com,http://bibdaily.com/index.cgi etc.

Last edited by virtual55; 03-27-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Virtual,

That is exactly what we are doing. The memo didn't just miraculously appear at BIB Daily. I emailed him, others got in touch with Matthew Oh etc.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramboom1 is on a distinguished road
Default The numbers

I saw the document and also the table at the end of the document. It is hard to understand this table. Can I please suggest that such sensitive numbers be made easy to undertsand? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeleybee
Virtual,

That is exactly what we are doing. The memo didn't just miraculously appear at BIB Daily. I emailed him, others got in touch with Matthew Oh etc.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brb2 will become famous soon enough brb2 will become famous soon enough

I agree it is hard to comprehend, and I must admit I still do not understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboom1
I saw the document and also the table at the end of the document. It is hard to understand this table. Can I please suggest that such sensitive numbers be made easy to undertsand? Thanks!

Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramboom1 is on a distinguished road
Default No one speaks about this

Fellow IV members,

How come the "Hard Limit" is not talked about / mentioned in any of the big websites? Shusterman.com / Aila.org et all. Is it possible to get an immigration attorney to explain this crucial issue of "Hard Limit" to IV core team ?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ragz4u is on a distinguished road
Default Factually incorrect statement Ramboom1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboom1
Fellow IV members,

How come the "Hard Limit" is not talked about / mentioned in any of the big websites? Shusterman.com / Aila.org et all. Is it possible to get an immigration attorney to explain this crucial issue of "Hard Limit" to IV core team ?
The research for this was conducted by the content team of IV. And as regards the big websites, Rajeev Khanna, Bender's online Matthew Oh all have provided references to IV's doc. So no need for any attorney to explain to the IV core team about this, since most of them have agreed and appreciated our efforts!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future
Default ragz4u - Is there any update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragz4u
The research for this was conducted by the content team of IV. And as regards the big websites, Rajeev Khanna, Bender's online Matthew Oh all have provided references to IV's doc. So no need for any attorney to explain to the IV core team about this, since most of them have agreed and appreciated our efforts!
ragz4u,
I was watching C-span fully. I did not see any amentments to instate Ac21 provision to eliminate hard country quota. Is there any update? Is there any possibilty for amendment from any senatore in floor discussion? Please post the procedings in this issue, as I feel this may be ignored by senaters due to the controversial guest worker program.

By the way is there any differnce between 202a3 and 202a5?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramba
ragz4u,
I was watching C-span fully. I did not see any amentments to instate Ac21 provision to eliminate hard country quota. Is there any update? Is there any possibilty for amendment from any senatore in floor discussion? Please post the procedings in this issue, as I feel this may be ignored by senaters due to the controversial guest worker program.

By the way is there any differnce between 202a3 and 202a5?
Ramba,

We're definitely working on this issue and I am sorry that I am not able to go into further details.

202(a)(3) clubs the excess quota for EB and FB together and hence excess EB numbers flow over to FB and vice Versa, which is different from 202(a)(5) which asks for applying the excess quota within a EB cateogry itself.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Ramba,

We're definitely working on this issue and I am sorry that I am not able to go into further details.

202(a)(3) clubs the excess quota for EB and FB together and hence excess EB numbers flow over to FB and vice Versa, which is different from 202(a)(5) which asks for applying the excess quota within a EB cateogry itself.

Thanks admin. I understand diffence between a3 and a5 in 202 section. The flow of EB visas to FB (or FB to EB) make the total numarical limit invalid in EB and FB catagries (480K in FB and 140K in EB). If the flow happens accorss the catagory, the law is broken, then there is no meaning of numarical limit in FB or EB visas. Though A3 and A5 has theoriticallyy same meaning(to remove per couthry quota, if excess visas available) DOS have to keep FB and EB seperate track to control the visa numbers in each catagory seperatly. Before 1999, (ie before A5 was introduced thro AC21) all the FB catagories have been backlogged. But EB was current in most catagories. We do not know how DOS handled the situation. we need to understand that in US immigration history, was there any flow of EB numbers to FB numbers when there was a huge demand for EB numbers. It is better to counsult with AILA to understand the historical reasons and how A3 was handled by DOS in previous years ie before 1999.

Why I am writing this is, we may be still safe by the section A3, though section A5 was deleted in both the bills. Unfortunally no attonnies has reported/found this untill IV discussed it.

Last edited by Ramba; 03-28-2006 at 12:39 PM.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb2
I agree it is hard to comprehend, and I must admit I still do not understand
Ramboom1, brb2,

Read the first post in this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=346

and ask any follow up questions there.