Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sssingh is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help Please

Seniors/members need your input,

I am currently on H4 and valid until 2017, I got my h1b in last year quota, But I was not working on h1b. I am planning to travel back to my home country, do I need to get stamped again on dependent visa if I want to continue on H4.

Regards,
SS
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssingh View Post
Seniors/members need your input,

I am currently on H4 and valid until 2017, I got my h1b in last year quota, But I was not working on h1b. I am planning to travel back to my home country, do I need to get stamped again on dependent visa if I want to continue on H4.

Regards,
SS
You don't need stamp if your H4 is still valid and you have not applied for Change of Status to H1.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thank You, One more question

Thank You for your reply, this gets me to some more question
When the I landed in USA on H4, I got an I94 but when they applied for H1B, I got I94 with a different number and I also took my SSN based on my h1b.
Will that mean my COS has already changed or will I be still on valid H4 only. Or Am I out of status since my status has changed from H4 to H1b as I got new I94 and haven;t worked

Regards,

Old 08-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

The unemployment rate is high !

More temporary workers want to come to the country and as a result there is a lottery for H1 !

Still some one decides not to work ! what a waste of work visa

Old 08-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Dude it may not be same as we think

There are some family issues due to which I was unable to work, it does not mean I am confused or mad.

Appreciate your reply

Old 08-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When the I landed in USA on H4, I got an I94 but when they applied for H1B, I got I94 with a different number and I also took my SSN based on my h1b.
Will that mean my COS has already changed or will I be still on valid H4 only. Or Am I out of status since my status has changed from H4 to H1b as I got new I94 and haven;t worked

Regards,
If you applied H1 while on H4 in US, then I guess you wouldn't be getting I-94. You will get approval. You will have to invoke COS. H1 approval notice does not automatically become active. Or you will have go out of the country and come back on H1.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:

Regards,
First of all, you should know whether your H1 employer requested a COS. Careless mistake that you donít seem to know!

Check I-797 and read what it says. Does is say something like we approved this petition and change of status? I mean find out somehow. Ask you H1 employer.

Since you received an I-94 with H-1B I-797 (albeit a different number), I am guessing your employer (or you) applied for a COS. In this case, you are out of status since you were never employer.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Will check with my employer

Thanks a lot for providing valuable information.

Rgds,
SS

Old 08-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Thanks a lot for providing valuable information.

Rgds,
SS
Also the I797A says that the I129 and change of status petition has been approved. It means I am out of status and need to fly back immediately to my home country and change my status to H4. So that i won;t have any difficulty later when I want to change back to H1B