Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Misha79 is on a distinguished road
Default H1b employer took big amount of salary after leaving him

I was on H1b with employer A at client site B with 1 yr non-compete agreement.
After 2 yrs, Client B offered me Full time position and also same time i recieved my GC (privately ,not through A or B). I decided to accept FT with B and emailed employer A everything.

I dint receive any salary but payroll was run and i was surprised. After asking clarification ,

I was told,

Because my H1B visa with him (employer A) was not expired yet and i quit him voluntarily, he has right to retain visa fees, employer fees.

These things were not explained to me while starting job but were in agreement 'ofcourse'
Is there anything i can do ?

I got GC NOT FROM EMPLOYER And my H1B visa expires by default the day i get GC. He had not explained that thing in agreement ..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute

If you think you have been shortchanged unfairly, file a complaint with the department of labor. Here is the link with all information: U.S. Department of Labor - We Can Help | How to File a Complaint

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future

Just tell your ex-employer that you are going to complain to DOL, they should be ready at that point to negotiate the dollar amount.
If you complain to DOL, DOL will provide you your salary and investigate the incident with your employer and fine them. They can also blacklist your employer for 1 or more years from filing H1B petitions. Generally no employers(particularly bodyshops) run the risk of going against DOL. So they pay up instantly.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute waitingnwaiting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteStallion View Post
Just tell your ex-employer that you are going to complain to DOL, they should be ready at that point to negotiate the dollar amount.
If you complain to DOL, DOL will provide you your salary and investigate the incident with your employer and fine them. They can also blacklist your employer for 1 or more years from filing H1B petitions. Generally no employers(particularly bodyshops) run the risk of going against DOL. So they pay up instantly.
Why are you giving advice not to complain and only issue a fake threat? At least you did a good thing to inform that there is DOL. There are posters who scare others into complaining.

I hate when people behave as cowards and advice others to become one. Nobody has the courage to speak up and fight for their rights. This is why there is fraud, exploitation and no bill till now.