Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wtg4gctoolong is on a distinguished road
Default Denied entry on AP

I, Primary applicant currently in USA filed AOS under EB3 waiting for approval
Family was in USA filed AOS along with primary applicant. Working for same employer who filed petition.

Family traveled to Mexico to meet relatives and took break for few months - 4 months to be specific (all are Mexican citizens). While returning by road, they are denied entry on AP; asked to go back to Mexico.

What should we do? Really tensed, can anyone give some inputs?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4gctoolong View Post
Family was in USA filed AOS along with primary applicant. Working for same employer who filed petition.

Family traveled to Mexico to meet relatives and took break for few months - 4 months to be specific (all are Mexican citizens). While returning by road, they are denied entry on AP; asked to go back to Mexico.

and what was the reason given for denial ? you may need to spend some money on a lawyer ..

Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4gctoolong View Post

what was the reason they gave to CBP for the 4 months break?

AP may not be used for vacations or pleasure travels. It is for business & emergencies. It is clearly written in the document.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Wrong !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivgclive View Post
what was the reason they gave to CBP for the 4 months break?

AP may not be used for vacations or pleasure travels. It is for business & emergencies. It is clearly written in the document.
Wrong info. What you've said above applies to AP issued in case of emergencies. There is NO pre-condition on the purpose of visit.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wtg4gctoolong is on a distinguished road

we were under same impression that you can travel multiple time for any type of visits. but we are confused after this incident and refusal for entry

Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldIwait View Post
Wrong info. What you've said above applies to AP issued in case of emergencies. There is NO pre-condition on the purpose of visit.
5 years before AP documents came with 'types of travels' allowed. Now they don't specify. It could trigger you to think in that way.

I am glad that you believe that CBP instpectors are trained on this so soon!