Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Indian Passport renewal form in USA

I am in the process of filling out my passport reneal application form in US. Would appreciate clarification on following form + field if someone has recently done it after the process was turned over to VFS

1) Main application form

Q- How long has applicant continuously resided aborad-- My understanding is that it should be counted from my last visit to india onwards (hence continuous) and not the first time I came to US.

2) VERIFICATION OF NATIONALITY FORM
Q- Date of leaving India -- My understanding is that it is the first time I came to US (6 years ago).
Q- Period of stay abroad -- stay in US from my last visit to India (same as the main application form)

3) no need to notaize any document/form if submission is in person

I called the helpline, but the person didn't sound sure and swicthed his answer once..

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bobby123 is on a distinguished road

q1) Yes, thats correct.
2) q) Date of leaving should be last time you left india.
q) Yes, that correct.

3) Not sure as I posted my application, but always better to get Notarized.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, please do your action items, it is very critical for you to do it. If you have already done it, please continue doing so everyday. Please also post it on the relevant thread each time you do it. We all need your support, we need to motivate people who have not done this. Sorry for hijacking this thread, but we need your help.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of

Hey wait_2010,

Regarding the notarizing part, my experience is, if you are submitting in person at the Embassy then the docs doesn't need to be notarized but if you are mailing the docs or even submitting them in person at some agency (like VFS in Washington DC) to which the embassy has outsourced the job of collecting the Passport applications, then the docs need to be notarized. I had to get my 797 notarized. The helpline folks at the agency might say its not needed to get them notarized if you are submitting in person, but once you are there, they will not accept your application, its my experience..

Thanks,
-mb7

Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light wait_2010 is a glorious beacon of light

Bobby and VMB- Thank you guys for your prompt reply..

Old 07-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wait_2010,
I’ve renewed my Indian passport in Chicago by postal and received PP back in 2 weeks; based on my experience I can answer your questions…

1. Main application form – Since your first entry. If you have long break in continuous stay since your first entry to US then you need to check with help line. Customer support is improved a lot, you can send an email, and you can get answers in same day.
2. Verification form – Q latest leaving date and Q – same as main application form
3. In person – Notarized not required but Visa / green card copies should be COLOR Xeroxed
4. Your need 4 photographs not 3 even though documents required says 3.
5. Use Prepaid FedEx envelope for return. You can do this by creating account with FedEx because Vfsglobal is not accepting credit card payment

Hope this helps you and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wait_2010 View Post
I am in the process of filling out my passport reneal application form in US. Would appreciate clarification on following form + field if someone has recently done it after the process was turned over to VFS

1) Main application form

Q- How long has applicant continuously resided aborad-- My understanding is that it should be counted from my last visit to india onwards (hence continuous) and not the first time I came to US.

2) VERIFICATION OF NATIONALITY FORM
Q- Date of leaving India -- My understanding is that it is the first time I came to US (6 years ago).
Q- Period of stay abroad -- stay in US from my last visit to India (same as the main application form)

3) no need to notaize any document/form if submission is in person

I called the helpline, but the person didn't sound sure and swicthed his answer once..

Thanks

Old 07-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute spven has a reputation beyond repute
Default Notarize

In-person also notarization is required. I went to DC VFS yesterday, 3 people before are sent to a near by bank for notarization.