Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sh19 is on a distinguished road
Default H1b Transfer: Ex employer harassing

Hi,

Background:
I worked on 'H1' for Employer 'A'. Then found a job with Employer 'B' and applied for H1B transfer. The process completed in 1st week of July, and I joined company 'B', also informed company 'A' of the transfer. Now employer 'A' is stating that they will revoke the H1B w.e.f. 1st June. Also, they have not released the paystub for June to me.

Questions:
1) How can I receive the paystub for June, as I was legally working with them in June?
2) Can the employer 'A' revoke an H1 w.e.f. 40 days ago?
3) If they do so, will I be counted as out of status for month of June?
4) Is there any special procedure I need to follow now for keeping working with Employer 'B'?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute mechanical13 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is anything called a "H1B transfer".

If you have a new H1B with employer B, then the H1B with employer A is no longer required.

You should definitely confirm with a lawyer, but revoking the first H1b will have no impact.

The only way the first h1b can impact you is if it was fraudulent (LCA issues etc) and the basis for the job has carried over to the new job.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2012
Compare
i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute i_my_Voice has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh19 View Post
Hi,

Background:
I worked on 'H1' for Employer 'A'. Then found a job with Employer 'B' and applied for H1B transfer. The process completed in 1st week of July, and I joined company 'B', also informed company 'A' of the transfer. Now employer 'A' is stating that they will revoke the H1B w.e.f. 1st June. Also, they have not released the paystub for June to me.

Questions:
1) How can I receive the paystub for June, as I was legally working with them in June?
4) Is there any special procedure I need to follow now for keeping working with Employer 'B'?

Thanks!
Post this on AILA site so they ashamed of they being unpatriotic and trying to protect these AS-HO-- employers and wrong about Senator Grassley who os trying to expose these BLO--- employers....Heinous....Don't leave that employer. Tell him its not INDIA....

Old 07-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Since you have your new H1 approved, old employer withdrawing his petition will not have cause any problem.
As for paystub, did you get the pay ? If so, the bank statement will prove that . Pay stub is not required

If you did not get paid, file a complaint to DOL

Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

sh19
I have not read your question. I only read the headline. But decided to post information below for the benefit of the community.

Guys,
Before someone posts an incorrect answer on this thread for such kind of threads that deal with employer exploitation, threats, revoking etc:

Please do not ever post answers to such questions if you do not know the answer. We have seen a lot of misinformed answers on forums. Many are also aimed at scaring the person in trouble. Just because someone is scared of standing up for himself and fighting for his right does not mean he will try to influence the other person in trouble with his weakness. IV platform is for generating awareness. Saying that consult a lawyer is also not a full answer. Sometimes employer threat is through a lawyer working in the interest of the employer. Sometimes the solution is as simple as directly contacting DOL and it DOES NOT COST MONEY. We need to provide enough information for the poster so that he has all the understanding of the situation and decides if he wishes to take action.

This is why HR3012 is important. The amendment is a step towards punishing certain employers that engage in fraud. The result of fraud and exploitation has direct consequences on the immigrant community and we need to stand up and weed out such bad apples. No matter how much people with selfish interests try to use scare tactics, we need to look at what is best for our community. Program needs to be fixed and made better so that it works as originally intended and helps fulfill US job needs.

The signature below has some information on how to report fraud and exploitation. Help spread the link around.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-14-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1problem is on a distinguished road
Default Same situation

hello,

I am in the exact same situation here just that my former employer wants to revoke the h1 from a much previous date, when I have the paystubs before the month of June.
What I want to know is:
1. Is it possible for employers to revoke H1 from a previous date like this? Won't USCIS question them as to why they did it after 2 months?
2. As my h1 transfer was the change of employer petition, will it make me out of status for the month of June if they revoke my h1 from a backdate(as they have not provided me the paystub for June to show I was working with them)?
3. In this situation, if I don't do anything, and if later, USCIS asks me about being out of status in June, won't they ask me why I didn't take any measures, if I was working for them in June?
I don't want to go through the trouble of filing a complaint. It seems like a risky path to take.
Any help is appreciated.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh19 View Post
Hi,

Background:

Questions:

Thanks!
Check if you have anything to prove that you have worked till the last date with employer A. Emails, timesheets, communication etc. If you worry, get a letter from your supervisor or co-worker etc.

You said "the process completed" in 1st week of July, means what? Receipt notice or approved? When was it applied?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1problem View Post
hello,

I am in the exact same situation here just that my former employer wants to revoke the h1 from a much previous date, when I have the paystubs before the month of June.
What I want to know is:
1. Is it possible for employers to revoke H1 from a previous date like this? Won't USCIS question them as to why they did it after 2 months?
2. As my h1 transfer was the change of employer petition, will it make me out of status for the month of June if they revoke my h1 from a backdate(as they have not provided me the paystub for June to show I was working with them)?
3. In this situation, if I don't do anything, and if later, USCIS asks me about being out of status in June, won't they ask me why I didn't take any measures, if I was working for them in June?
I don't want to go through the trouble of filing a complaint. It seems like a risky path to take.
Any help is appreciated.
Why?
What makes you think so?

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1problem is on a distinguished road

I guess I am not sure if whatever I have is enough proof. What if after filing the complaint, they are not able to find the truth. Will it not be a problem for me then?