Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun510 is on a distinguished road
Default Filed 485 and moved

Hi,

My 485/AP/EAD was filed last week and I have moved and filed AR11 for my change of address and since I dont have my tracking number for 485/AP/EAD I am unable to update my new address for pending case.Meanwhile a friend of mine who filed with me on the same day has got his tracking number today.My guess is they tried to deliver my tracking number to my old address and it might had got bounced since I have moved.I was unable to reach out to my attorney coz of holidays.Just want to know whether it will be a problem if incase my receipt notice bounces back to uscis.Please advice.

Regards,
Arun
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute royu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun510 View Post
Hi,

My 485/AP/EAD was filed last week and I have moved and filed AR11 for my change of address and since I dont have my tracking number for 485/AP/EAD I am unable to update my new address for pending case.Meanwhile a friend of mine who filed with me on the same day has got his tracking number today.My guess is they tried to deliver my tracking number to my old address and it might had got bounced since I have moved.I was unable to reach out to my attorney coz of holidays.Just want to know whether it will be a problem if incase my receipt notice bounces back to uscis.Please advice.

Regards,
Arun
In the old office you can give the new address to forward. Just fill out a form to do this and all your letters will be forwarded to you for next few months. In addition change your address from USCIS site or update through AR-10 form I beleive.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arun510 is on a distinguished road

I believe u meant post office.Post office will not forward letters from USCIS. I have updated my address by filing ar-11.Problem is my case is pending and dont have the receipt no to update and the one which would had been mailed would be bounced.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2012
Compare
coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute

I know there is way you can hold your mails at post office and then you go and collect it. Check if that works out for you.