Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gee13 is on a distinguished road
Default Walk in biometric appointments for UK travel visa?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has done a walk-in appointment BEFORE the actual appointment at the Alexandria consulate (Indian national on H1-B, UK general travel visa applicant). I am hearing that this center is ok with walk-ins on weekdays and the processing time is also pretty quick. They accept walk-ins from applicants who have an appointment but decide not to wait until the appointment. My biometric appointment was for this Thursday but I am tempted to just land at the consulate a day before - earliest possible in the morning - and see how it goes. Anyone done a walk-in here? Will be helpful to know. Thanks in advance!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute sorcerer666 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee13 View Post
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has done a walk-in appointment BEFORE the actual appointment at the Alexandria consulate (Indian national on H1-B, UK general travel visa applicant). I am hearing that this center is ok with walk-ins on weekdays and the processing time is also pretty quick. They accept walk-ins from applicants who have an appointment but decide not to wait until the appointment. My biometric appointment was for this Thursday but I am tempted to just land at the consulate a day before - earliest possible in the morning - and see how it goes. Anyone done a walk-in here? Will be helpful to know. Thanks in advance!!
I got it done at Boston ASC. I just went at 8 when they opened and they asked me to come later at 11 am when they had fewer appointments and got it done. They were very professional and understanding. Good luck!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mylife22 is on a distinguished road

Excuse my ignorance - but what is a biometric appointment?