Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Compare
a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Preferred airlines for indian senior citizens

If senior citizens have to travel frequently from India to the Bay area (California) what is the most preferred airlines?
Points of comparisons would be pricing (frequent flyer discounts), leg room, optimum layover, wheelchair facility, good in-flight attendance, food and so on...the experience with the emirates has been ok thus far.
emirates didn't provide the wheel chair at the airport although it was made available in india and sfo. also the leg from dubai to sfo is very long.

please share your experiences and provide your feedback.

Last edited by a1b2c3; 04-14-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1b2c3 View Post
If senior citizens have to travel frequently from India to the Bay area (California) what is the most preferred airlines?
Points of comparisons would be pricing (frequent flyer discounts), leg room, optimum layover, wheelchair facility, good in-flight attendance, food and so on...the experience with the emirates has been ok thus far.
emirates didn't provide the wheel chair at the airport although it was made available in india and sfo. also the leg from dubai to sfo is very long.

If you could mention what place in INDIA (bangalore, delhi, bombay??) , folks could better answer your question..

Old 04-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

Jet airways is good. My parents are coming in May with Jet Airways. Lot of my friends has told that Jet is good with leg space and very good service. They specifically said about how friendly they are with elderly people coming travelling from India. The only issue is - they fly till Newark only. But when you book they can take to any city in US.

I just want to let you know that everyone who have used Jet airways has told very good about their international service. Opinions may differ with different people

Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1b2c3 View Post

Try Singapore Airlines. You cannot escape a 12 to 16 hour second leg if you fly over the Pacific, but Singapore service is quite good. Cathay has been decent as well.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Jet airways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthikthiru View Post
Jet airways is good. My parents are coming in May with Jet Airways. Lot of my friends has told that Jet is good with leg space and very good service. They specifically said about how friendly they are with elderly people coming travelling from India. The only issue is - they fly till Newark only. But when you book they can take to any city in US.

I just want to let you know that everyone who have used Jet airways has told very good about their international service. Opinions may differ with different people
Hi,

Jet airways is good. But they have discontinued service to bay area recently. But if you choose them, they fly only from east coast. The cost works out same with jet+local to east coast. Only thing you could avoid is long lay off. Service is excellent and indian food. In fact they have the indian spout in the toilets which is useful for elderly patients who require water in toilets for cleaning purposes.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/07/2007
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold digmetalq is a splendid one to behold

Cathay Pacific I'am sure, because the last time i travelled from SFO to Mumbai and back to SFO, mothers were holding their babies trying to pacify their babies, it was like all the babies were crying in symphony one after another, not a single passenger complaining, better than any other airline, if you have a family of children and elderly, I also got up to strech my legs, not one flight attendant came and asked me to seat at my designated space. you feel like home. That is my experience.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice chaukas is just really nice
Default JAL - Well split travel time.

My parents travelled both on Cathay and JAL. Cathay has better food , but the flight to SFO is really long. They had used JAL before which has approx 8-10 hrs for each leg. Also, on the return , there is a days halt , so they provide a hotel. My parents took a small tour of the area too.
$520 to date . $20 per month.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts

First thing, price , leg space, comfort & food ...All 4 it is difficult to get the best.

Cheapest would be air India. However service/food is bad. Also they keep changing schedule.

Singapore airlines/Cathay pacific service/food is good. Leg space is also better and
priced slightly higher than AIr India.

So I recommend these 2 (Singapore/Cathay)

( PM me if you are looking for air tickets from India)

Rajesh

Old 04-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

I think Air India is the best for elderly people.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future txh1b has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
I think Air India is the best for elderly people.
I second that. The food is certainly tolerable than the European carriers and the familiar desi faces help the elderly not to hesitate and ask for anything they need.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Compare
a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys for the info. I agree Cathay is probably the best option. I am very skeptical about Air India. Have been hearing negative comments since I was a kid, when my dad a was a frequent overseas business traveller. Things might have changed lately but the bad impressions linger on.

JAL looks promising too.

My mom doesn't need the nozzle-bum-wash as much as she needs to sit on the toilet because she cannot squat due to bad knees. And that is available with every airline I imagine.

I agree though the "bidget" would a plus for some seniors and honestly I think its also cleaner.

In our case, however, we need leg room, wheel chair facility (very imp), veggie indian food (the food on emirates wasn't up to the mark) and decent service.

thanks again to everyone for sharing their experiences.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
vjmjaan is on a distinguished road
Default I have had good experience with Korean Air too

I found the ticket prices are comparable. The food was good. Not too much layover
and very good service.

They are very courteous and helpful in air and at Seoul airport.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default How is Emirates?

I agree to every comment made about Cathay /Singopore Airlines- but what are people's experiences with Emirates?