Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2008
Compare
seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all seekerofpeace is a name known to all
Default Anyone invited parents while on AOS (I-485 filed)?

Folks,
I'd like to know if any of you invited your parents while on AOS. Last time I invited my in-laws I had H1-B et al....now we are on AOS and my wife is sponsoring her parents. We are on AOS. I do not have a job currently so I can't get an EVL and my wife has and she is inviting and the I-134 is also from her...we have EADs valid till late 2010....she had her F1 valid till Oct 2009 but she is working on dependent EAD.

So do you think there could be any potential problem.....Last time I had sponsored my in-laws but they were questioned a lot at the embassy....so now my wife will be sponsoring ...I hope there are no potential problems.

Path 2 USA do not mention anything special for EADs/AOS et al....

Thanks,

SoP
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light bbct is a glorious beacon of light

We invited our in-laws last September and it was not easy for them to get the visa in the first interview. They got denied with the reason 214(b) without verifying any Indian documents. Infact, my father-in-law was a government servant and he was still employed at the time of interview. My wife was on EAD and I was on H1-B and I was inviting my in-laws to USA.

We then asked a letter from the senate's office requesting the visa officer to issue them visa and explained that they have strong ties with family members back in India and have bank balance and property. It was surprise that nothing was asked in the second interview and they could get a 10 years multiple entry visa. This time my wife invited her parents.

In all this, we wasted time, money and were very tensed since my wife's due date was approaching and it was only a month far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
Folks,
I'd like to know if any of you invited your parents while on AOS. Last time I invited my in-laws I had H1-B et al....now we are on AOS and my wife is sponsoring her parents. We are on AOS. I do not have a job currently so I can't get an EVL and my wife has and she is inviting and the I-134 is also from her...we have EADs valid till late 2010....she had her F1 valid till Oct 2009 but she is working on dependent EAD.

So do you think there could be any potential problem.....Last time I had sponsored my in-laws but they were questioned a lot at the embassy....so now my wife will be sponsoring ...I hope there are no potential problems.

Thanks,

SoP

Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes

Yes i did. It was the same way for my dad when i was on H-1B.
I sent him the copies of my 140, 485, and EAD and also an employment letter from my new employer , as i have used AC-21.

He was asked what i am doing and he told them i am working for XYX company and has also filed his GC. The office said all the best to him and granted my dad a 10 year multiple visa. If you have any questions, please send me a message.

I hope this helps.

GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I invited my parents and my wife invited her parents while we are in AOS status. Currently I am on AOS/H1B and my wife works on EAD. For her parents, we showed my wife as sponsor in I134. Both my parents and my wife's parents got the visa. They went separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerofpeace View Post
Folks,

Thanks,

SoP

Old 02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I did get 10 yr multiple entry visa for my mom. Sponsored my mom for visa in late 08, Dad no more, and was very worried since she is a widow and couple friends mom's visa was denied with similar circumstance. I'm on AOS, also used AC21. Did included all the documents, including copy of EAD, 485 RN and EVL from current employer. My mom works for central govt, in addition to docs I submitted she also took a NOC from her office and also a leave approval showing 3 months leave and copy of document showing property (only home) ownership in India. But nothing was asked/reviewed except a couple question about the sponsor(me) like work, duration of stay in US, last time in India, etc and was issued a visa. Ensure the paper work is done correctly and placed in order. The better the paper work, fewer the questions. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2005
Compare
cnachu2 will become famous soon enough
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilmahajan View Post
Yes i did. It was the same way for my dad when i was on H-1B.
I sent him the copies of my 140, 485, and EAD and also an employment letter from my new employer , as i have used AC-21.

He was asked what i am doing and he told them i am working for XYX company and has also filed his GC. The office said all the best to him and granted my dad a 10 year multiple visa. If you have any questions, please send me a message.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

I am also planning to send papers for my father. now i am on AOS with I485, i changed the employer, but didn't file AC21. will it be an issue if i send papers to my father without filing AC21? You says you used AC21, that means did you file AC21?

Thanks,
Chandra.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

When i said i used AC-21, i meant i changed my employer after 180 days and had used EAD. Yes i have sent USCIS my paperwork, when i switched employers.

I dont think filling AC-21 paperwork matters in case of the VISA. I never sent my Dad any documents or proof showing that i had sent USCIS the papers for AC-21. Also, i have used AP at that time.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts
Default Inviting while on AOS

Inviting parents to the USA and getting their visa is not dependent on what your immigration status is in the US. As long as you can support them (job/salary) and you are legally present in the USA, you can invite them. Getting the Visa is entirely dependent on the interview. No amount of supporting paper work will help if the interviewer determines (for whatever reason) that they will become public charge in the USA (even health wise) or that they will not leave back to the home country.