Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
milmuk has a spectacular aura about milmuk has a spectacular aura about milmuk has a spectacular aura about
Default Can I travel while AP is still pending?

Hello friends,

I am planning to shift to India in Sept 2011 and start working there. Already have offer in hand.My PD EB3 is aug 2007, so gc is another 5 years away. I want to keep AP active, so that if required,I will be able to return to US within 1 year.

My present AP is expiring on 14Dec 2011. I want to apply for the AP in advance and then move to India. I will give the US address of my friend to collect the AP.
I have following questions on this.

How soon can I be able to apply for the renewal? I think that is 3-4 months but not sure.
I think the approval time is about 2-3 months. Is this correct?
Do one has to remain in US till the AP gets approved? Since my GC is pending so want to confirm this.
Since My AP is still valid till 14 Dec 2011, Can I apply and go out of US, if required? As far as the new AP gets approved before Dec 2011, I think there should not be any problem for me to return back and maintain my GC process. Is this right?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmuk View Post
Hello friends,

I am planning to shift to India in Sept 2011 and start working there. Already have offer in hand.My PD EB3 is aug 2007, so gc is another 5 years away. I want to keep AP active, so that if required,I will be able to return to US within 1 year.

My present AP is expiring on 14Dec 2011. I want to apply for the AP in advance and then move to India. I will give the US address of my friend to collect the AP.

• How soon can I be able to apply for the renewal? I think that is 3-4 months but not sure.
• I think the approval time is about 2-3 months. Is this correct?
• Do one has to remain in US till the AP gets approved? Since my GC is pending so want to confirm this.
• Since My AP is still valid till 14 Dec 2011, Can I apply and go out of US, if required? As far as the new AP gets approved before Dec 2011, I think there should not be any problem for me to return back and maintain my GC process. Is this right?
On 15 Dec 2011, if you are out of country and your AP application is still pending, then your AP is invalid even if it is approved later, received and sent to you by your friend.

Before 14 Dec 2011, you are out of country, your new AP is approved and you get back into the country with your existing AP - Not sure if your new AP is valid or not. Someone here can get you a better idea on this. Rule says "When AP is approved the person must be in the country"

Last edited by ivgclive; 08-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
milmuk has a spectacular aura about milmuk has a spectacular aura about milmuk has a spectacular aura about
Default Can I travel while AP is still pending?

Thanks.
I have a situation,where I am getting a very good opportunity in India.But they want somebody to join them immediately.
My present AP is valid till 14 Dec. I had already applied for the AP renewal in Sept and got the receipt. I don't see any other process to expedite the AP, since this is already applied.

Otherwise I will have to leave US now and return back before 14th Dec and the new AP approval. Can anybody please guide on this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks.
I have a situation,where I am getting a very good opportunity in India.But they want somebody to join them immediately.
My present AP is valid till 14 Dec. I had already applied for the AP renewal in Sept and got the receipt. I don't see any other process to expedite the AP, since this is already applied.

Otherwise I will have to leave US now and return back before 14th Dec and the new AP approval. Can anybody please guide on this?

Thanks for your help in advance.
AP renewal is taking about 3 months these days depending on the service center. You can always return on your new AP after it is approved and sent over to you in India or return back before Dec 14th.

Good luck.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/08/2011
Compare
Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Brown has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Per the best of my knowledge ... Advance Parole becomes invalid if you are out of the country when it is issued ... but then again I am sure you will inquire with your lawyer as well :-)

Quote:
Hello friends,

How soon can I be able to apply for the renewal? I think that is 3-4 months but not sure.
I think the approval time is about 2-3 months. Is this correct?
Do one has to remain in US till the AP gets approved? Since my GC is pending so want to confirm this.
Since My AP is still valid till 14 Dec 2011, Can I apply and go out of US, if required? As far as the new AP gets approved before Dec 2011, I think there should not be any problem for me to return back and maintain my GC process. Is this right?