Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

View Poll Results: I will pledge/contribute for the DC Rally (March, 2009)
Yes 26 96.30%
No 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non-participants please pledge/contribute for the DC Rally

To all IV members (and others), who have decided not to participate in the rally due to various reasons, I request you to give a very serious thought, and consideration, before reaching the final decision.

It's highly critical that we do this Rally and/or Lobby Day before CIR 2009 is introduced. If we miss the CIR next year, it may be difficult to get any relief to our community for many years. I agree with you that times are tough. But if we don't act now, it'll keep getting tougher & tougher.

I don't live near DC, and if you are too, understand where you are coming from. However, there is still several months time for the planned rally. If you book in advance, you should be able to lock-in a lower airfare on a budget airline. It may be a good idea to cash-in any Frequent flyer miles etc. you might be having ( I'm just throwing ideas here)

Get in touch with your State chapter or nearest state active chapter. If enough members like you step forward, you guys can sponsor a few members willing to participate.

If you still think you can't, please pledge or contribute donations/contributions for the planned Rally. If enough members like you, step forward IV may be to sponsor some members willing to participate, but can't due to economic hardship (out of job etc.) IV would also need funds to organize an event of this magnitude, to advertise it and arrange it.

If you decide to contribute now, you can do so by clicking the 'Contribute' option on the Homepage. If you decide to pledge, please post your pledge of support here.

I am confident that we will make it a success with your support.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Next year is also critical for our lobbying efforts with the new administration and going through the bill cycle all over again. For that it will be very helpful if members sign up for monthly contributions. The monthly contributions help us plan future events and lobby efforts.

I urge all new and old non contributing members to sign up for monthly contributions to strengthen your organization.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 11-25-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - amits, iamgsprabhu, kartikiran, MunnaBhai, Rajeev, srinivas_o, SubaM99 - for your pledge of support. I also request you guys to post the contribution you plan to make ( except amits who has pleadge a contribution of $100 through PM to me).

Others, please come forward to pledge your support. Please post the amount of monetary contribution you intend to make for the rally, and then vote 'Yes' on the poll.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts

should we not ask for refund from our lobbyists..they lied to us last yearlobbying shoud be result oriented..not stuffing for their turkey...... sab hawa ke badhshah hai..;-)

Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Why do we always blame others for our problems? USCIS, DOL and now IVs lobbyists?

First of all, we wouldn't need any lobbyists if ALL members of our community ( including completely inert/inactive members like you) were doing their job. That is approaching the local lawmakers ( US Senators and Reps) office. If al 25,000 members of our site (or at least the majority of them) were doing this, we wouldn't even be needing any lobbying firm. We could have been doing it all ourselves, saving a lot of money and doing a better job.

Since that's not happening - because most members like you are scared shitless like Chicken Little that sky may fall on your heads if you do that - IV is not left with much option, but to use the services of the Lobbying firms.

Before asking Lobbying firm for refund, you should do your job of lobbying with your local lawmakers. If you were sharing your part of the responsibility, we wouldn't be needing them in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
should we not ask for refund from our lobbyists..they lied to us last yearlobbying shoud be result oriented..not stuffing for their turkey...... sab hawa ke badhshah hai..;-)

Old 11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts

there was nothing to be so touchy in those two lines of mine!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Thanks - amits, iamgsprabhu, kartikiran, MunnaBhai, Rajeev, srinivas_o, SubaM99 - for your pledge of support. I also request you guys to post the contribution you plan to make ( except amits who has pleadge a contribution of $100 through PM to me).

Others, please come forward to pledge your support. Please post the amount of monetary contribution you intend to make for the rally, and then vote 'Yes' on the poll.
I will contribute $100. I am also planning to attend the rally.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
there was nothing to be so touchy in those two lines of mine!
He he he. Remember your first year after birth and follow the same practice (you didn't speak during that time ).

Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sure

Quote:
To all IV members (and others), who have decided not to participate in the rally due to various reasons, I request you to give a very serious thought, and consideration, before reaching the final decision.
WD, I will either participate in the rally if my schedule allows it (I teach) or contribute towards it.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2007
Compare
new_gc_guy is just really nice new_gc_guy is just really nice new_gc_guy is just really nice new_gc_guy is just really nice new_gc_guy is just really nice
Default DC Rally

I may not be able to take part due to definite schedule conflicts. Regardless - I will contribute 100$ per member of my family(2) !

Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute MunnaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

I will contribute $200.00 towards rally.

Thanks
MB
Quote:

Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Thanks Rajeev, MB, new_gc_guy, grupak, GCkaMaara, coopheal for your pledge. I pledge a contribution of $100 as well for the rally, besides my continuing monthly contributions and participation in the rally.

Others, please step forward. Let us not be penny-wise and pound-foolish. Let us help IV pull this thing for our sake.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet View Post
Imagine if someone has a cancer and he goes to a doctor and doctor tries all kinds of medicines and it does not work. He does get some relief in the pain though. So do you think the patient should ask for refund for all the money spent?

Likewise broken immigration system needs to be fixed and everyone tried hard for one year. We did get some relief from our pain due to 2 year EAD and namechecks memo. But the cure/bill did not pass. So do you think it means we should ask for a refund? And do you think anyone will even talk to us in DC next time if we act so cheap for the $5s some of us paid.

Why dont you have the courage to ask your lawyer for a refund because you dont have a greencard yet. Can you do it? If not then I think it is irratational to even think about it?
You are right about doctor, patient... But I am not sure whether lobbyist did what they say they did. I am sure Core members are keeping track of their activities but zero output was quite disappointing. Some point of time it even makes me think that they were charging us for hours they spent in Starbucks.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 12-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/23/2004
Compare
sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will contribute $100 for the DC rally

Not sure if I can make it in person, but I will contribute $100. This is on top of my monthly contribution.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
How about you become core member and involve in overall efforts related to lobbying.
I promote more direct efforts like rally, mails etc than lobbying.

I never said current core members are not doing their job. I said that lobbying companies may be over charging where we don't have control.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Last edited by ItIsNotFunny; 12-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.