Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 AM
mzafar125 mzafar125 is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent HELP needed...

Hello,

My brother works in the consulting field, he was doing SOX audits and compliance testing for a big audit company. He was on an H1-B visa and
spoke with his partner before going to get it stamp abroad. The partners assured him that if he got stuck in administrative processing then he could
work remotely (My brother never got anything in writing). My brother left the US and when he applied for this Visa, his
application was sent for further administrative processing to DC. His partner
informed him via e-mail that if he does not report to work after his vacation
is over then they will assume he has resigned his position. My brother called the
partner and they have taken the stance that if he does not show up to work
next week Monday then he has lost his job. What are his options at this point ? Can he still enter the US on a H-1B visa if his position is no longer valid ? Can he pursue legal action against the company ? If so which legal agency does he need to contact ? I think this is as a result of the market, the firms are trying to cut costs and we are stuck in the middle. Unfortunate situation. I appreciate your response.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-18-2008, 03:47 AM
kart2007 kart2007 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 143
kart2007 will become famous soon enough
Default

Well, from what I understand, your brother's H1B actually got stuck for processing and the company, in spite of giving verbal assurance, wont hire him back now?

A job is up to a company's discretion. They can fire their employees at will (unless there's a written contract term).

As far as the H1 B goes, as long as the company does not withdraw his petition (most companies wont as it would cost them), I dont see any problem at the port of entry. What he needs to do asap is to find a job and get his H1B transferred to another company that has a job for him. He can do it while he is in India to save some time.

I am not sure how long he can remain jobless on H1B - its probably 180 days but I am not sure.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-18-2008, 04:07 AM
adobe howm adobe howm is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 39
adobe howm will become famous soon enough
Default

I think now there is a rule that became mandate that if an employer identified an employee no longer with company then employer must revoke the petition filed for employee. So I would check the current status of H-1B's SRC# on USCIS online.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-19-2008, 03:34 PM
mzafar125 mzafar125 is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2008
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
mzafar125 is on a distinguished road
Default Help needed

Can my brother transfer his Hi-b while they are doing the back ground check in DC ? If the original company is not willing to wait then it makes sense to transfer it and let the embassy know accordingly.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent help needed Pls ng123456 Non-Immigrant Visa 0 10-28-2010 06:38 PM
Urgent help needed h1bemployee Non-Immigrant Visa 17 02-26-2009 07:04 PM
URGENT/URGENT Help Needed pady AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing 1 01-04-2009 12:42 AM
Urgent help needed , please ganesh_sholapur FREE Lawyer conference calls 4 11-17-2008 05:08 PM
Urgent help needed regarding to ad chinu PERM Processing 2 11-13-2008 09:28 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org