Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindu_king will become famous soon enough hindu_king will become famous soon enough
Default LUD recieved 10/6 (RFE) for July 2007 Filer

I had an LUD dated 10/6/08

I got the following message when I checked USCIS Website:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 3, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
----

I havent seen the actual RFE but my priority date is Dec 2005 (EB2). I wonder what the RFE is about but does this mean my application is being processed? Maybe they assigned a number in September? Why would they even look at my application in october? Do you get RFEs even when your PD is not current?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light

Yes. That happens. They do process your application even if your PD is not current.
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"

Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future
Default True

That's true. I got RFE on my 485 with pD June 2007 6 months back though I wasn't current

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForMyGC View Post
Yes. That happens. They do process your application even if your PD is not current.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2007
Compare
jingi1234 is infamous around these parts jingi1234 is infamous around these parts

gc_buddy: What was your RFE about?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light

I got an RFE too for both me and my wife (and we're not current either) ... wonder whats going on!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingi1234 View Post
gc_buddy: What was your RFE about?

They have asked the following

1. Pay stubs
2. Marriage certificate
3. Driving liscence
4. Son's Birth Certificate

Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gcnirvana is on a distinguished road
Myself and my wife received RFEs for our cases. For me its the current employment letter and for my wife, it seems she didn't sign the I-693 form
They've sent the form as it is to my attorney. He has to send it to me and she has to sign it in front of the Civil Surgeon who gave the report initially.

Though I am a little tense about the RFE, am happy that they atleast touched our files!! Fingers crossed...
Prior Contributions: $500+
Monthly Contribution: $25
Greened on 9/3/10

Last edited by gcnirvana; 10-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light
Default Got RFE from lawyer

Ok, I just got the RFEs from my lawyer:

For my wife, it just appears she needs to update her medical examination results. The civil surgeon forgot to put the date for the lab test they did that proves that she is immune to varicella.

For me, we need to provide additional confirmation of your current employment, and employment history with my current employer.

I have not ported my case from another employer, else they have asked for more proof.

I've attached the 2 RFE for those that are interested... hopefully it might help someone!

Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hindu_king will become famous soon enough hindu_king will become famous soon enough
Default Some RFE questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprash View Post
I got an RFE too for both me and my wife (and we're not current either) ... wonder whats going on!
First of all, thanks for sharing the info! Some questions:

- When did they mail your RFE? (Mine was mailed on Oct 3 but havent recieved it yet)
- Did you receive it or did your lawyer recieve the RFE?
- Do you think a visa number has been assigned to your case or my case under Sept Bulletin?
- What do you think will happen after they recieve your response? Would they issue GCs or will they file the applications till your PD gets current again?
- Are you using a lawyer to respond to the RFE or are you doing it on your own?
- Would your lawyer charge for responding to RFE? (I'm under the impression that lawyer fees for RFEs are covered in the fees paid during 485 filing)

Dont mean to interrogate you but just curious as I'm in the same situation. Thanks!

Last edited by hindu_king; 10-08-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

For my wife, it just appears she needs to update her medical examination results. The civil surgeon forgot to put the date for the lab test they did that proves that she is immune to varicella.

For me, we need to provide additional confirmation of your current employment, and employment history with my current employer.

I have not ported my case from another employer, else they have asked for more proof.

I've attached the 2 RFE for those that are interested... hopefully it might help someone!

Dear sprash, gave you a green, for taking so much pain to upload the jpegs and to have linked them with explanation. Hard to fidn ppl like you man.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
sparuthi will become famous soon enough
Default LUD on 10/7 and 10/8 on 485 of me and my wife.

When i checked my status online, i saw that there was a LUD on my pending case on 10/7 and 10/8. Wondering there is a LUD, I called the NSC and the person on the phone told me that the case is being reviewed by an officer.

My question is that if there are no numbers available, then why would there be a LUD on the case status. So has anyone else seen a LUD on their cases as recently as after Oct 1, 2008????

MY PD is March 2006
Filed 485 in July 2007.
RD is Aug 2007.
Category - EB2

cheers

Old 10-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute
Default how far do they go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForMyGC View Post
so do they process the application all the way to the end barring the allocation of visa number? I am assuming the allocation of visa number must be happening later in the process since they are processing 485's that are not current.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Escape_Velocity is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thanks a lot for your post and efforts...

I really appreciate the gesture on your part in posting the RFE's. It will serve as a good point of reference if someone is looking for an actual RFE and kinda get an idea of the various artifacts required by USCIS.

Quote:

Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Default thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing, your effort is appreciated dude.
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Default pls share pd/rd/nd center

Can you please share your pd/rd/nd and service center? just wanted to check if there is a date pattern they are following to process 485?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindu_king View Post
I had an LUD dated 10/6/08

I got the following message when I checked USCIS Website:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 3, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
----

I havent seen the actual RFE but my priority date is Dec 2005 (EB2). I wonder what the RFE is about but does this mean my application is being processed? Maybe they assigned a number in September? Why would they even look at my application in october? Do you get RFEs even when your PD is not current?
--------------------------------------------------------------------