Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default A picture is worth a thousand words

I have been reading posts where suggestions of writing letters to various political figures have been raised and hopefully implemented. I have a suggestion too, please ignore if this has already been brought up and discussed.

As a popular saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, my suggestion is :

Send our pictures to these people (whoever they are - senator, congressmen etc.). We can include 2 pictures each- eg.- one picture when we initially came (5-10 years back, unmarried, younger looking, graduation picture, college campus etc.). Another picture can be a more recent one (with family, kids, in our office, professional attire, house, car etc.).

We can include a tagline behind each picture.

Now since digital photography has taken over hard copies, many of us would be lazy enough to go take prints and then send them to the senators. So, we can email our pictures to one person (or IV core) and they can hand over the package to the concerned authorities.

I know this is a very rough sketch of what is actually involved in making this happen, so please come up with suggestions/ ideas.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
rajmehrotra will become famous soon enough rajmehrotra will become famous soon enough
Default Nice Idea

Nice idea. Sometimes, bare facts are worth quite a few pictures as well. How about compiling and forwarding the following information for each of our family units?

Items can be :
Years spent in the US.
Federal and state income taxes paid during these years.
Social Security contributions made.
Dollars and hours already spent on the immigration process.
Number of U. S. Citizen kids, if any.
A concise writeup on how the applicant's skill set positively impacts the employer.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default Wonderful idea..I am with you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmehrotra View Post
Nice idea. Sometimes, bare facts are worth quite a few pictures as well. How about compiling and forwarding the following information for each of our family units?

Items can be :
Years spent in the US.
Federal and state income taxes paid during these years.
Social Security contributions made.
Dollars and hours already spent on the immigration process.
Number of U. S. Citizen kids, if any.
A concise writeup on how the applicant's skill set positively impacts the employer.

Wonderful idea..I am with you.....

Old 09-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default please keep this thread alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by apume View Post
great idea ...

please keep this thread alive... we don't have much way out..we need to do something quickly and I am in favour of this idea..

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of FinalGC has much to be proud of

How about sending a letter to the President, using the above suggested structure....asking him to pressurize the congressmen to pass 5822 from the House.......so that he can sign that into law before Nov 4 elections....
Did not apply for EAD and AP
GREENED Aug 12, 2010

************************************************** ******************************
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Great Idea...

I have all the pictures, I have my degree, technical certifications. We can also put the pictures of our homes if we have one.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

This is truly a great idea. We must show the 'family' face of our struggle. This country is built on compassion (at least that's what they claim in the mainstream media). Each one of us must send one family picture to the President of United States and urge him to take a closer look at the current USCIS process and make it better.

I also urge to send a good family picture with kids. Definitely it must impact someone who would look at the pictures.

Good Idea!!

Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light soni7007 is a glorious beacon of light

I am glad that some of us are positive moving fwd with this idea. There are some other threads talking about other action items (write letters etc.). I think the first thing we need to do is to join hands and then decide a game plan. We need to concentrate the total energy at one point. What do you think?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts

Good to see this

We all join together in our mission. We will include this in part of confronting first. Check out the other thread as well

Old 09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough asanghi is a jewel in the rough
Default Great Idea

We can send these to Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid. I am in. However it will only be effective if we manage PR well. The only reason flower campaign worked so well was because it was all over in the news. So I guess we should either copy some reporters (which I think may be too much data for them to appreciate) or make a press release through IV.
Partial Sponsor of a ticket to DC Rally

PD: June 2002
I-485 Filed: June 29th 2007

Old 09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute dba9ioracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice idea..

Nice idea.. I am for it.
Contributed 28$ Give me a HIGH FIVE Drive
------------------------------------------
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
------------------------------------------

Old 09-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Stories like this...

Can (and should) be published on the IV web site. We really need to get better at telling our story, imho.

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munna Bhai View Post
Wonderful idea..I am with you.....
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute NolaIndian32 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you present this idea to pappu, Administrator and gsc999 via private message, please?

I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.

Thanks,
Nola

Quote:
Originally Posted by soni7007 View Post
I have been reading posts where suggestions of writing letters to various political figures have been raised and hopefully implemented. I have a suggestion too, please ignore if this has already been brought up and discussed.

As a popular saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, my suggestion is :

Send our pictures to these people (whoever they are - senator, congressmen etc.). We can include 2 pictures each- eg.- one picture when we initially came (5-10 years back, unmarried, younger looking, graduation picture, college campus etc.). Another picture can be a more recent one (with family, kids, in our office, professional attire, house, car etc.).

We can include a tagline behind each picture.

Now since digital photography has taken over hard copies, many of us would be lazy enough to go take prints and then send them to the senators. So, we can email our pictures to one person (or IV core) and they can hand over the package to the concerned authorities.

I know this is a very rough sketch of what is actually involved in making this happen, so please come up with suggestions/ ideas.
I-140 approved Sept.'06, I-485 filed July '07
In the U.S. since 1994
Member Texas State Chapter
Funds Raised for Team IV Walking/Running Club - $2,997.00
Contributions to IV thusfar - $400.00

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaIndian32 View Post
Can you present this idea to pappu, Administrator and gsc999 via private message, please?

I do like the idea and if it has the support of IV Core, we should implement it. Please present to them so that we can have their direction.

Thanks,
Nola
Yes, i will definitely do that.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the idea. I will follow.