Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts
Default If i can be a little blunt !

Folks

First of all, ask yourself the following points before continue reading.

1. Do I need a Green card at ANY cost ( Any cost = Waiting for yrs, Not willing to risk any other options, afraid to raise issues, not pinpointing flaws )

2. Willing to fight for justice.

If you chose the option 1, please stop reading further and good luck.

For the option 2, here we go.I am new to this web site and it seems there are approx 70k people here and lot more outside. Huge enough to create miracles.

Just to remind ourself who we are. We are Highly skilled LEGAL immigrants. It not only means we are skillful but it also means we pay every damn tax which is out there. We pay for welfare. We pay for unemployed. We pay for pensioners. List goes on. We pay fees for every application processed by USCIS ( Labor, I-140,I-485,I-765,I-131 etc etc ). We pay rent. We buy cars. We buy houses. In short, we are nothing but GOLD to this economy.

However, this one department called USCIS is literally toying with us for yrs now as if we are slaves or we are obligated to them. We dont want anyone to do us any favour. We need justice.

Friends - I have self respect and i wasn't born chanting Green Card. I AM going to face them, confront them, demand them to provide justice, if not I want them to REFUND every penny i have paid so far. If this "I AM" becomes "WE", half the battle won. TOGETHER WE STAND, VICTORY/JUSTICE FOR ALL. If you are still hesitant, you made a bad choice of choosing option 2. Please go back to option 1.

ITS ABOUT TIME.

Latest

We are making great progress on this and glad to see tonnes of positive responses. For the people who are viewing this thread first time, please send your name, e-mail, ph number and the amount you are willing to contribute ( in case of a lawsuit ) to man-woman-and-gc who is graciously collecting information for us and adding them in the below spreadsheet. Next steps on the way.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pgWehhQEb3jqwsRC8fcKLTQ&hl=en#

Last edited by needhelp!; 09-17-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Link not working
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold
Default Why just a "little"

Lets be REALLY BLUNT ..

You sound like you would fit in with our group .. check out our protest letter and posters here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...t=21340&page=5

Old 09-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts GCStatus is infamous around these parts
Default Good to see BUT

Whats the game plan here?. What will this letter do?. What if we dont get reply?.

We dont give them any room here. We are not letting them decide anything. We provide them options and they have to choose one. If they dont, we sue them.

Options according to me. Feel free to correct/add folks.

1.Process Green card in a consistent manner and provide Green cards who have been waiting for a while and make it current.

2. Refund every DAMN dollar for all the million applicants who didnt get it.

If they are not choosing either, we are SUING. No second thoughts here. We are under the water already.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold
Default Agreed ..

And to be honest, I don't know what happens if they simply choose to ignore us !! But I'm done with doing NOTHING. I need to let them know what I think.

On another note, it appears that the US has chosen to PRETEND to deal with immigration (legal and illegal) by endlessly proposing and killing legislation in Congress. This way they're throwing a bone to us (immigrants) while safeguarding their re-election (since they're not approving any kind of pro-immigration legislation, they aren't incurring the wrath of the almighty electorate).

Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare

How are you going to fund the lawsuit? (this is a genuine question, not trying to be a smart alec)

Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice hebbar77 is just really nice

I agree to the point that: we pay for unemployment , SS tax etc when we ourselves are not eligible for any of that if we continue on H1, in fact we are supposed to exit this country when we loose job!!!
what a joke...
also did u see this in history:
when europeans came here abt 500 years back, natives did not welcome them nor liked them. Now legal immigrants are coming , and you know how they are treated!!
so I guess system is behaving like normal. Its upto us to fight the system...
by demanding GC , we(for us and our generations) are asking for right to apply for citizenship, ultimately a right on the resource of this country(all resources including natural resource). So there has got to be fight/effort to get it. It will not come just doing what we do for living.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

I am willing to FUND every last dollar i can. Its a noble cause. I hope the same from you. We hope we have tonnes of hands.

Yes, It doesnt matter, we are going for it.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbar77 View Post
I agree to the point that: we pay for unemployment , SS tax etc when we ourselves are not eligible for any of that if we continue on H1, in fact we are supposed to exit this country when we loose job!!!
what a joke...
also did u see this in history:
when europeans came here abt 500 years back, natives did not welcome them nor liked them. Now legal immigrants are coming , and you know how they are treated!!
so I guess system is behaving like normal. Its upto us to fight the system...
by demanding GC , we(for us and our generations) are asking for right to apply for citizenship, ultimately a right on the resource of this country(all resources including natural resource). So there has got to be fight/effort to get it. It will not come just doing what we do for living.
BINGO

Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

you got my support chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCStatus View Post
Folks

First of all, ask yourself the following points before continue reading.

1. Do I need a Green card at ANY cost ( Any cost = Waiting for yrs, Not willing to risk any other options, afraid to raise issues, not pinpointing flaws )

2. Willing to fight for justice.

If you chose the option 1, please stop reading further and good luck.

For the option 2, here we go.I am new to this web site and it seems there are approx 70k people here and lot more outside. Hugh enough to create miracles.

Just to remind ourself who we are. We are Highly skilled LEGAL immigrants. It not only means we are skillful but it also means we pay every damn tax which is out there. We pay for welfare. We pay for unemployed. We pay for pensioners. List goes on. We pay fees for every application processed by USCIS ( Labor, I-140,I-485,I-765,I-131 etc etc ). We pay rent. We buy cars. We buy houses. In short, we are nothing but GOLD to this economy.

However, this one department called USCIS is literally toying with us for yrs now as if we are slaves or we are obligated to them. We dont want anyone to do us any favour. We need justice.

Friends - I have self respect and i wasn't born chanting Green Card. I AM going to face them, confront them, demand them to provide justice, if not I want them to REFUND every penny i have paid so far. If this "I AM" becomes "WE", half the battle won. TOGETHER WE STAND, VICTORY/JUSTICE FOR ALL. If you are still hesitant, you made a bad choice of choosing option 2. Please go back to option 1.

ITS ABOUT TIME.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 09-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
you got my support chief
Welcome Aboard Warrior

Old 09-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare

Quote:
I am willing to FUND every last dollar i can. Its a noble cause. I hope the same from you. We hope we have tonnes of hands.

Yes, It doesnt matter, we are going for it.
Based on my brief experience with the American legal system (i.e., my greedy blood-sucking incompetent immigration lawyer), I don't think I want to get entangled in the American legal system.

I will start with the letters and see what unfolds.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare

Quote:
Folks

ITS ABOUT TIME.
Could you provide details on your POA (Plan Of Action) .. how are you going to go about facing them, confronting them, demanding justice? I'd be happy to pitch in.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedandbamboo View Post
Based on my brief experience with the American legal system (i.e., my greedy blood-sucking incompetent immigration lawyer), I don't think I want to get entangled in the American legal system.

I will start with the letters and see what unfolds.
Yes.

We have thousands here. We take just 1000 people and if everyone contributes 100 dollars - its 100,000 dollars. Just an estimate for lawyer fees incase we get that far

We are from BHARAT. Its a loaded statement. WE dont lose.

TOGETHER WE STAND, TOGETHER WE STAND my brothers and sisters.

Last edited by GCStatus; 09-13-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Additional statement

Old 09-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Compare
Default Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedandbamboo View Post
Could you provide details on your POA (Plan Of Action) .. how are you going to go about facing them, confronting them, demanding justice? I'd be happy to pitch in.
Like i said, we ask them to do either one of 2 options. If they dont, we file a lawsuit ( obviously its understood the ground work is done )

Old 09-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
man-woman-and-gc will become famous soon enough
Default I'm in

Quote:
Yes.

We have thousands here. We take just 1000 people and if everyone contributes 100 dollars - its 100,000 dollars. Just an estimate for lawyer fees incase we get that far

We are from BHARAT. Its a loaded statement. WE dont lose.

TOGETHER WE STAND, TOGETHER WE STAND my brothers and sisters.
It sounds easy..but funding drives are not always easy when reality strikes...how about starting a spreadsheet with names and ph# of people who are willing to contribute $100 for this lawsuit. As soon as we have the 1000th name, we start depositing money to a bank account. 100 grand is not small amount and I am sure we can find a good enough lawyer to start a lawsuit for that kind of money.

I and my wife are ready with our 100 bucks each.....and can help with maintaing the spreadsheet etc.... how do we get those 1000 names now....or do we even have support of 1000 people around here...that is the biggest question.
Best Regards