Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light
Question Obtaining Canadian Visa at the Seattle Consulate

Does anyone have any experience how long it takes to get the Canadian visa if my family members who are visiting were to travel to the Canadian Consulate in Seattle.

Earlier you used to get on the same day (in matter of hours), but apparently in March of this year, they changed their policy. "Minimum 24 hours" is not a very helpful indicator for planning

Temporary Resident Visas (Visitor Visas)

Applications submitted in person are accepted during our walk in hours Monday through Friday 8am to 10am. Effective March 8, 2011, applications submitted in person will no longer be processed on the same day. The minimum processing time will be 24 hours. Passports will not be returned until processing is completed. Processing times for mail in applications vary, please allow at least 4 weeks for processing. The Seattle Consulate does not provide expedited service, if you have urgent travel, it is recommended that you apply in person.
How to Apply

Old 05-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light sprash is a glorious beacon of light

*bump* ... anybody?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

You might be better off checking a canadian forum. From what I read it seems it takes a while. I can't believe that those idiots can't give us an on entry visa. Sigh!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mouli is on a distinguished road
Default Canadian TR Visa at Seattle

I am on H1B in the US. I applied in person for Canadian TR Visa at the Seattle Consulate. The processing time was 24 hours for in person application and passport will be provided back the next day. I am not sure how long it would take if you mailed in your application.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of
Default Applied at NY Candian Consulate

Applied in person and received it next day. If you can apply in person do it otherwise mailing option takes probably a week to 10 days.

Its ridiculous as to why they wouldn't return it the same day Bureaucratic policies making genuine people's travel difficult.