Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
aperregatturv is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent : AP Approved but not received

I applied AP Feb 3 2011 for my wife and i got approved mail and also checked website saying it was approved.

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But i have not received the document yet and wife is leaving on 24 th Apr 2011.
I would like to know if she can go without and when i get it i can mail the document so she can come back.

Please help.

Thanks
Arun
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperregatturv View Post
I applied AP Feb 3 2011 for my wife and i got approved mail and also checked website saying it was approved.

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On April 8, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

But i have not received the document yet and wife is leaving on 24 th Apr 2011.
I would like to know if she can go without and when i get it i can mail the document so she can come back.

Please help.

Thanks
Arun

She need to have AP in hand before leaving the country. I would suggest to take an INFOPASS and go the local office tell them the situation, they should be able to give you the AP there.

Here is the link to make an appointment for INFOPASS

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Another option is talk to your Congressman.

Goodluck

Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by samswas View Post
She need to have AP in hand before leaving the country. I would suggest to take an INFOPASS and go the local office tell them the situation, they should be able to give you the AP there.

Here is the link to make an appointment for INFOPASS

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Another option is talk to your Congressman.

Goodluck
Thank you. I will give it a try.

so my question is, AP is needs be to on hand and how do they know that she has it on hand since it was approved and sent on Apr 8th according to the email.

We can even say yes she had it but lost it over there so i mail her the document. right?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute samswas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

so my question is, AP is needs be to on hand and how do they know that she has it on hand since it was approved and sent on Apr 8th according to the email.

We can even say yes she had it but lost it over there so i mail her the document. right?
I traveled on AP in 2009 in Lufthansa airlines from Chicago and the airlines asked me about the plan of reentry as I had no VISA in passport before issuing boarding pass. I had to show it to them. I'm not sure, what happens if you say you don't have it with you.

If I'm in your situation, I would rather postpone the trip for few days.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
silvinhaphn is on a distinguished road

Hi aperregatturv

I'm in the same situation... Did u travel before u got the card?

My case was approved on April 27, but I have got nothing on the mail so far and I have my sister's wedding to attend in my country... My husband can go later and give it to me, but I'm a little afraid.

I wanna know if evrything was ok with you and if u would recommend me to do that. I'm going crazy cause my flight is for May 11th and if I need to cancel I gotta do it 2 days in advance, no later than tomorrow I guess... I don't know If I should wait or just cancel flight. I'm going crazy!

Please let me know how it went for you. Or if anyone else have traveled in this way before, give me some advice.

Thanks to all in advance!

Best

Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksnlp is on a distinguished road

If AP is approved. You can travel out of country, Your husband can send it later to you.
But if AP document somehow missed in mail or never reaceived. Thats the problem.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute HRPRO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Once AP is approved, you can travel and have someone here send it to you. I have personally done that without a problem. I left the country and a friend of mine brought the document. A couple of my other friends followed my example, travelled without the document in hand and none of us have had a problem.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I saw the notice on the website that my AP was approved but I haven't got even the approval notice yet, I thought It was strange. It was like that with you guys? Do they send the notice together with the card?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

sorry i forgot to say the date... The approval was on April 27th, and today May 05th I haven't got either the letter or the card.

Do they come together or there is something wrong for the fact not even my approval letter have came yet?

Old 05-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute
Default There's no AP card

There is no AP card or an approval notice. When they send the approval notice, they mean the actual AP papers - which is a 1-page document.
They send 2 copies of that.

Like an earlier post said, you can take Infopass and/or call customer service no.
My AP was approved on April 27 and I got it in the mail on 05/03.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hey guys I got the mail today! I'm sooo happy!

Thanks everybody that replied!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare

Congrats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvinhaphn View Post
Hey guys I got the mail today! I'm sooo happy!

Thanks everybody that replied!