Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > RFEs and specific queries
Click to log in with Facebook
RFEs and specific queries RFEs and specific queries during Labor certification stage.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gtrupti76 is infamous around these parts gtrupti76 is infamous around these parts
Default USCIS did not reply to the RFE

Hi there,

USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) . Does this makes the case fall outside normal USCIS processing time. The last response from USCIS was in Aug 2009 asking for RFE (request for evidence).
My Priority date has become current according to the May 2011 VB.
Do I need to do anything?

If the priority date is current, how many days does it take to get the GC?
Can I travel outside the country in this time span ?

Thanks,
Trupti
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrupti76 View Post
Hi there,

USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) . Does this makes the case fall outside normal USCIS processing time. The last response from USCIS was in Aug 2009 asking for RFE (request for evidence).
My Priority date has become current according to the May 2011 VB.
Do I need to do anything?

If the priority date is current, how many days does it take to get the GC?
Can I travel outside the country in this time span ?

Thanks,
Trupti
call USCIS customer service
if you don't get any or enough information
then make an appointment at the closest local USCIS office

if you have valid AP you can travel...however there might be issues...as when you come back they will run a check and see that you already have GC...it might cause delay or confusion....better to consult an attorney regarding your specific case...and how long your travel is for

you can also post your question in our free weekly attorney conference call on thursdays

Old 04-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gtrupti76 is infamous around these parts gtrupti76 is infamous around these parts

Thanks Bugs Bunny. I have already called USCIS and they have asked to wait for 30 days and they will get back to me.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute

Same problem with mine they sent RFE on May 18th 2009, and My lawyer sent the response in time but online status never changed, After asking here, one of the lawyers said that USCIS system has problem where sometimes the status never changes and USCIS cannot do anything about it. She advised me to ask my lawyer to go through AILA, I paid extra to my lawyer to do that, but still nothing received, since then My AP is approved twice and EAD also approved once. My lawyer said she has spoken with the officer and they have confirmed that they have received the response.

If you have already received your GC please let me know, I will be relieved to hear that.
Thanks

Old 06-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Beautiful_Mind is on a distinguished road

"USCIS had not replied to my reply to the RFE since aug 2009 (they are supposed to do so within 60days) "

i'm in the same boat.. dont know what to do..

Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi

I had the same issue. Had an RFE is early 2009 which i responded right away. The online status still says "Request for Evidence response under review". I took an Infopass yesterday and they confirmed that they have received my response and everything is sorted out from their end. They dont know why the online status is still not changed. But I am clear off the RFE.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

When I read the title of the thread, it felt like you issued an RFE to USCIS and did not get a response.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------