Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute
Default starting green card process. Is this a good time?

One of my good friend asked me this questions yesterday? I did not have an answer for him and wanted to ask if someone could have any suggestions on this.

Thanks you for your time.

His company wants to start his EB2 green card process. He was wondering if this a good time to do this? Is it recommended that he delay this process for 6 months or so? He is currently in his 3rd year of H1B.

Thanks
-M

I WAS THERE IN DC, WERE YOU?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Yes, it is better to delay it until economy picks up and unemployment rate goes down to 5%...otherwise he will get lot of queries. BTW nobody is willing to file green card at this time.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all pmat is a name known to all

More details are needed to answer this question better.

I think that any time is a good time - it is better to start the process early. If the company is paying for the process - what is the harm. He should go ahead... If he is planning to leave the company and is required to sign some type of agreement to start GC process - then it will be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdelhiite View Post
One of my good friend asked me this questions yesterday? I did not have an answer for him and wanted to ask if someone could have any suggestions on this.

His company wants to start his EB2 green card process. He was wondering if this a good time to do this? Is it recommended that he delay this process for 6 months or so? He is currently in his 3rd year of H1B.

Thanks
-M
I-485: RD 08/03/2007, AD 07/01/2010

Old 07-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmat View Post
More details are needed to answer this question better.

I think that any time is a good time - it is better to start the process early. If the company is paying for the process - what is the harm. He should go ahead... If he is planning to leave the company and is required to sign some type of agreement to start GC process - then it will be a different story.

Well, If they file it now, they get queries like ' Why do you need this guy when there are so many americans looking for job. Need detailed documentation and business necessities to sponsor green card for this person'...this happened to three of my friends recently.

Finally it is up to you whether you want to go ahead now or later.

Total contributions $120

Old 07-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks for your replies

Thanks for your replies.

His company is paying for it. It is a F500 company. He was concerned that filing green card now might jeopardize his current full time position in case of too many replies and RFE's.

-M

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future

Difficult times also present opportunities. Anyone who can start it, especially in EB2, can really benefit from the timing simply because there are MUCH fewer people going for it these days for different reasons. Wait till everything turns rosy again and you'll find yourself among hundreds of thousands of fellow GC pursuers. Sitting in the huge PD2011 queue while watching PD2008 - 2010 people getting fast approvals won't be fun.

The best time to start GC process is always yesterday. And if scrutiny is the concern, let's face it, there is not a good time for it. It's always worrisome until you get that card.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2008
Compare
graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute graviyera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another thing to consider .....

.....is marriage. If one is planning to get married soon, it is better to get married and jointly file for spouse after he/she is here.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Imho

It's a good time. Sooner than Later...

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravInd View Post
If they receive too many responses during advertizing period, they may not process your gc. That is all to it. At that time u might chill out and wait for a year or so and reply. If your skills are in demand, I do not see a reason to wait. It is always better to take a dive as early as possible. Good luck.
Absolutely correct. This is the experience I had in my case. My company is fortune 550 company. They received lot of responses when they posted ads. I could not beleive the repsonse I got from VP. And they do not want to file green card now. He simply said 'he found candidates'

Total contributions $120

Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
Default additional information

Thanks for your replies. I have shared the information with him. He just told me that he has a PD back in 2006 EB2 from his last company. He filed Labor + 140 (approved) but did not file I-485 (sorry i did not ask him or he told me earlier).. so now that his PD is fixed you guys think he should wait ?.. His Category for filing will be the same .. Does that help reducing RFE's ?

Please suggest.

Thanks
-M

Old 07-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your replies. I have shared the information with him. He just told me that he has a PD back in 2006 EB2 from his last company. He filed Labor + 140 (approved) but did not file I-485 (sorry i did not ask him or he told me earlier).. so now that his PD is fixed you guys think he should wait ?.. His Category for filing will be the same .. Does that help reducing RFE's ?

Please suggest.

Thanks
-M
It would be nice if your friend becomes a member of IV and ask the questions himself and be part of the whole immigration process...instead of asking you to post those questions and act as a middleman.

There are so many valuable members in IV community who can give great suggestions. First hand information is always better then passing thru a middle layer...just my opinion.

Cheers

Old 07-25-2009, 03:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Go ahead and start the process if the company is willing to do it. Ultimately, the DOL, not the employer, will decide whether to deny the LC, certify it or sit on it for 5 years before certifying it.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare

Thanks for your answers. I have already asked my friend to join IV.

Is there anyone who has recently filed labor - PERM ? Can you share your experience?

-M

Old 09-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Another thing to consider .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by graviyera View Post
.....is marriage. If one is planning to get married soon, it is better to get married and jointly file for spouse after he/she is here.
This is not correct, you only have to worry about spouse at I-485 stage.
I-140 EB2 Approved ______: 1 Apr 2010 (with incorrect priority date of Jan 2006) (LUD: 11 Aug 2010)
Submitted for Interfiling soon afterward
Greened - 10 Oct 2010
"We must become the change we want to see" - MG

Old 09-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default tell him to watch grass grow

Tell your friend that it will be more fun to watch grass grow than filing for gc...

just kidding... if he just needs I-140 approved so he can continue to get 3 year H-1 extensions, then its a good idea to start PERM.

Quote:

Thanks
-M
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21