Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing
Click to log in with Facebook
Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing Documents, Filing, forms, directions and mailing

View Poll Results: Are you affected by the processing delays(I-140 petitions) at TSC?
Yes 61 72.62%
No 23 27.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default I-140 Processing Delays at TSC & NSC (Letter to Ombudsman's Office)

Members who filed their I-140/I-485 petitions at TSC/NSC during June - Aug 2007, are aware of processing delays (esp. concurrent filers). With blessings of IV Core team, I have prepared a draft letter to be sent to USCIS Ombudsman's office along with DHS Form 7001 to address this issue.

I urge all members who are waiting for their I-140 approvals (those filed last year) to review the draft letter and please make constructive comments on this thread to incorporate any necessary changes so that we can send a letter that will address all our issues regarding the processing delays at TSC & NSC. Please do not send the letter to USCIS Ombudsman's office until the letter has been finalized. This letter needs to accompany the DHS Form 7001 as and when we agree to send it out.

Also please vote on the poll so that we can get an idea of number of members(whose cases are pending at TSC/NSC) who are affected by this issue. I request all members affected by the processing delays at TSC/NSC to come forward and stand up for themselves and join this campaign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From,
First Name, Last Name
Address,

To,
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Dear Mr. Ombudsman:

Re: I-140 processing delays at TSC/NSC for June – August 2007 concurrent filers

I submitted I-140 & I-485 petitions concurrently for an employment based green card to TSC/NSC during the July 07. I have been waiting for little more than a year now and still there have been no updates on my case. While the processing times on USCIS website shows that TSC/NSC is processing cases filed around July 23 2007, we have been consistently observing (on multiple tracker websites online and from friends who recently received their approvals) that TSC/NSC has been processing & approving cases filed post August 2007 and some as recent as this year. While people like us are still waiting, people who applied recently are getting approval notices. This fact can be confirmed by Ombudsman’s office requesting TSC/NSC to provide with the receipt dates for all the I-140 cases approved in the last few months. It’s only fair that people who filed earlier are given preference following the FIFO policy of USCIS.

This delay in processing and ignoring our cases at the expense of recently filed cases is causing us undue hardship. Some of members who are in similar situation who contacted TSC/NSC have received responses that our cases will not be picked for processing until our priority dates are current. But there are several hundred cases like mine, who have an earlier approved I-140 and have filed a new I-140 petition(based on a new PERM labor) after we joined a new employer and were intending to port our old priority date which is current per the latest visa bulletin. At the same time, TSC/NSC has been approving I-140 petitions (filed non-concurrently) and whose PD’s are not current.

Also some of the members, who contacted TSC/NSC, have received responses like “We are waiting for FBI name check to clear before we can process I-140 petition”. It is clearly known that there is no need for FBI name check for processing I-140 petitions. Also, now that there is a new memo stating that if FBI name check has been pending over 180 days, then I-485 can be conditionally approved without having to wait for clearance from FBI. In spite of this memo, TSC/NSC has been consistently ignoring our petitions.
Lack of I-140 processing for concurrent filers has prevented us from receiving some of the interim benefits (EAD/AP valid for 2 years, possibility of using AC21 in these uncertain economic conditions) that come with an I-140 approval. This has resulted in us applying for EAD/AP’s multiple times and paying for expenses associated with it.

I seek your assistance in investigating in this matter with TSC/NSC and impress upon the center to complete processing I-140 petitions for the concurrently filed cases during July 2007. I also urge you to request USCIS to re-instate the premium processing service for all categories of I-140 petitions with no pre-conditions to qualify.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional information. I would appreciate your response and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we have the final version of this letter, IV Core will assist us in next steps of this campaign to fix this problem. You can customize the letter to your specific situation once we have the final version, before sending it to the USCIS Ombudsmans office.

Last edited by lonedesi; 08-04-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Incorporated NSC along with TSC
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

good job lonedesi, way to go with the help of IV core

Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Please participate in this poll

Please review and let us know if you are affected by the delays at TSC?

Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold
Default Yeah, I am an affected party

Well done LoneDesi,
I am a July 07 concurrent filer and as you have categorically mentioned in your letter there have been no LUDs on my I140 since last December.
Participated in D.C. rally on 18th of Sept 2007.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default what about NSC ?

I'm waiting at NSC for 15 months - why we shouldn't fight together ? Here is the thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19534

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_waiting View Post
Well done LoneDesi,
I am a July 07 concurrent filer and as you have categorically mentioned in your letter there have been no LUDs on my I140 since last December.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Please join us in this campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
I'm waiting at NSC for 15 months - why we shouldn't fight together ? Here is the thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19534
As stated earlier, this issue is more severe at TSC compared to NSC. We would want you also to join this campaign, but you can make appropriate changes to your letter to reflect NSC center instead of TSC. After all, we are all fighting to get our I-140 approvals from USCIS.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

Members who filed concurrently at TSC please participate to address this issue.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all gchandu is a name known to all

Well prepared letter lonedesi.

I am also a July 2007 concurrent filer awaiting for I-140 approval. There hasn't been any change in LUD's of my I-140 since Sep 2007.

Thanks
Chandu

Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all
Default Yes ...

I am effected..My I-140 at TSC still has a LUD of 08/12/2007.

Contacted my congressman and he got a reply that my I-140 is pending FBI Namecheck. And now my PD is current..

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

Old 08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
mayitbesoon will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this initiative. My husbands GC is EB2 Dec 2003 concurrently filed. I-140, I-485 are pending at TSC with no soft/hard updates.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default what kind of help you are expecting ?

If the congressman/woman and senators can't help us in expediting ,what kind of help you are expecting from just an Ombudsman ?

I dont mean any negative vibes and i'll support this campaign as a NSC 140 sufferer but just asking frankly - how much power Ombudsman have ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonedesi View Post
As stated earlier, this issue is more severe at TSC compared to NSC. We would want you also to join this campaign, but you can make appropriate changes to your letter to reflect NSC center instead of TSC. After all, we are all fighting to get our I-140 approvals from USCIS.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default First lets try...

I understand your concern. We need to follow proper channels to address our issue. Per IV core's advise the first step would be to contact Ombudsman's office and then based on the responses we receive, we can take it to the next level. We all know how difficult it is to communicate and deal with USCIS is. So lets follow the guidance from IV core, who have been in touch with USCIS leadership and know a little more about dealing with USCIS from their interactions in the recent times.
I urge everyone to be united in our efforts so that we can see some results soon. We need members to stand up for their own cause NOW if they wish to see some results or just stay silent and suffer the frustration & anxiety due to processing delays at USCIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
If the congressman/woman and senators can't help us in expediting ,what kind of help you are expecting from just an Ombudsman ?

I dont mean any negative vibes and i'll support this campaign as a NSC 140 sufferer but just asking frankly - how much power Ombudsman have ?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice lalithkx is just really nice
Default letter to Ombudsman

I wrote two letters to Mr. Ombudsman regarding injustice being done for July/Aug 2007 concurrent filers. Both times I got a standard answer. But acccording to a thread on this forum They are very much aware of this problem but not able to extract any information out of TSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonedesi View Post
Members who filed their I-140/I-485 petitions at TSC during June - Aug 2007, are aware of processing delays (esp. concurrent filers). With blessings of IV Core team, I have prepared a draft letter to be sent to USCIS Ombudsman's office along with DHS Form 7001 to address this issue.

I urge all members who are waiting for their I-140 approvals (those filed last year) to review the draft letter and please make constructive comments on this thread to incorporate any necessary changes so that we can send a letter that will address all our issues regarding the processing delays at TSC. Please do not send the letter to USCIS Ombudsman's office until the letter has been finalized. This letter needs to accompany the DHS Form 7001 as and when we agree to send it out.

Also please vote on the poll so that we can get an idea of number of members(whose cases are pending at TSC) who are affected by this issue. I have included only TSC as the situation at this center seems to be more severe than that at NSC. I request all members affected by the processing delays at TSC to come forward and stand up for themselves and join this campaign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From,
First Name, Last Name
Address,

To,
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
Department of Homeland Security
Attention: Case Problems
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Dear Mr. Ombudsman:

Re: I-140 processing delays at TSC for June – August 2007 concurrent filers

I submitted I-140 & I-485 petitions concurrently for an employment based green card to TSC during the July 07. I have been waiting for little more than a year now and still there have been no updates on my case. While the processing times on USCIS website shows that TSC is processing cases filed around July 23 2007, we have been consistently observing (on multiple tracker websites online and from friends who recently received their approvals) that TSC has been processing & approving cases filed post August 2007 and some as recent as this year. While people like us are still waiting, people who applied recently are getting approval notices. This fact can be confirmed by Ombudsman’s office requesting TSC to provide with the receipt dates for all the I-140 cases approved in the last few months. It’s only fair that people who filed earlier are given preference following the FIFO policy of USCIS.

This delay in processing and ignoring our cases at the expense of recently filed cases is causing us undue hardship. Some of members who are in similar situation who contacted TSC have received responses that our cases will not be picked for processing until our priority dates are current. But there are several hundred cases like mine, who have an earlier approved I-140 and have filed a new I-140 petition(based on a new PERM labor) after we joined a new employer and were intending to port our old priority date which is current per the latest visa bulletin. At the same time, TSC has been approving I-140 petitions (filed non-concurrently) and whose PD’s are not current.

Also some of the members, who contacted TSC, have received responses like “We are waiting for FBI name check to clear before we can process I-140 petition”. It is clearly known that there is no need for FBI name check for processing I-140 petitions. Also, now that there is a new memo stating that if FBI name check has been pending over 180 days, then I-485 can be conditionally approved without having to wait for clearance from FBI. In spite of this memo, TSC has been consistently ignoring our petitions.
Lack of I-140 processing for concurrent filers has prevented us from receiving some of the interim benefits (EAD/AP valid for 2 years, possibility of using AC21 in these uncertain economic conditions) that come with an I-140 approval. This has resulted in us applying for EAD/AP’s multiple times and paying for expenses associated with it.

I seek your assistance in investigating in this matter with TSC and impress upon the center to complete processing I-140 petitions for the concurrently filed cases during July 2007. I also urge you to request USCIS to re-instate the premium processing service for all categories of I-140 petitions with no pre-conditions to qualify.

Please feel free to contact me if you need additional information. I would appreciate your response and assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once we have the final version of this letter, IV Core will assist us in next steps of this campaign to fix this problem. You can customize the letter to your specific situation once we have the final version, before sending it to the USCIS Ombudsmans office.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^

Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^

Closed Thread