Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help..to file complain on Employer..

My friend was offerd a job from company "A" 3-4 months back and they had agreed to file for H1b for him an he was suposed to join them from Oct 1st.
At the time of filing, emplyer asked my freind to keep $$$ as deposit and it would be returned on the very first day of joining. My friend agreed to this. He has proof for this. Few days back my freind got to know from online status that, his h1b is denied. So he coontacted the employer to to get more information on this denial. But emplyer is not responding to him.
Now my freind wants the $$$ back and request the emplyer not to refile H1b(I don't think emplyer will also refile). So my freind is thinking of filing a complaint with USCICS for not returning the money and also not advitizing for the job while he was hired. Can anyone tell me what forms is to be filed and will filing complain jeoperdize my freind status in any way. He is now planning to continue with school for longer time. So he presently does has F1 status.
Emplyer is a desi firm.( I am sure you must have gussed it by now)

Looking foward to your response...

Thanks

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletpc View Post
My friend was offerd a job from company "A" 3-4 months back and they had agreed to file for H1b for him an he was suposed to join them from Oct 1st.
At the time of filing, emplyer asked my freind to keep $$$ as deposit and it would be returned on the very first day of joining. My friend agreed to this. He has proof for this. Few days back my freind got to know from online status that, his h1b is denied. So he coontacted the employer to to get more information on this denial. But emplyer is not responding to him.
Now my freind wants the $$$ back and request the emplyer not to refile H1b(I don't think emplyer will also refile). So my freind is thinking of filing a complaint with USCICS for not returning the money and also not advitizing for the job while he was hired. Can anyone tell me what forms is to be filed and will filing complain jeoperdize my freind status in any way. He is now planning to continue with school for longer time. So he presently does has F1 status.
Emplyer is a desi firm.( I am sure you must have gussed it by now)

Looking foward to your response...

Thanks

My suggestion is to do the research on previous threads. This issue has been extensively discussed with all the steps involved including Form numbers. You might want to search for a thread started by Pappu.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Unable to find the more resource on this. Can anyone help me with this...??

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

u can take employer to a local civil court. Since it is not wages taht he is blocking for ur friend..u cannot complain to the labor deptt.