Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough
Default Emergency AP @ Irving, TX office

I have a very very emergency situation back in India and needs to travel ASAP. My current AP renewal is gathering dust at the TSC. I am planning to walk in to the Irving, TX ASC to request for an emergency AP. 2 months back I read in one of the posts from someone that Irving office doesn't issue emergency AP's. Can someone please post their experience at this location. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold
Default Emergency AP experience

I had similar situation few months back when i dad passed away unexpectedly and i didn't had my AP. I went to my local office and they said they didnt have a capability to print the AP. I went to near by another office and they said i do not fall into their zone. I again went to another office and the response was i should apply for it and then go to local office to get it marked as Expedite. I applied it and once document reached the office, i went back to my local office and explained them the situation and they verified my dad's death certificate and marked my case as expedite. So i finally got the AP after 1 month of applying. Usually it takes 3 months but it came to me in 1 month.

From what i understood is there is no such thing as "Emergency AP". if the office has capability to print it they would print it and give it to you otherwise they would request the issuing office to expedite.

All the best.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default local office does issue AP

i had similar situation this jan. i went to orlando office on friday at about 1pm. i think monday was a holiday. and i got it on wednesday.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute

I got emergency AP in Sept last year from USCIS local office in fairfax VA. Please take all the required documents along with pictures and credit cards/ check books. It generally take 1 to 2 days to get the AP.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshar View Post
I got emergency AP in Sept last year from USCIS local office in fairfax VA. Please take all the required documents along with pictures and credit cards/ check books. It generally take 1 to 2 days to get the AP.
I fall under Dallas, TX jurisdiction. Do you think VA office will process my application. I am willing to fly to VA.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

I am still waiting for the documents from India. Anyone had experience with this office in particular.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute

No, you should go to your local office they have the authority to issue emergency APs and as per my experience they are helpful in such situations

Old 11-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Take InfoPass appointment with your local office. Tell them your dire situation to travel to India and provide all documents to back your case. Almost all local offices have authority to issue emergency APs.

I am traveling to India tomorrow. I did not have AP to hand until yesterday. I tried expediting my case twice. Got biolerplate reply both the times. Tried with our congressman. Same reply. Tried faxing all documents directly to USCIS narrating my situ. Sent along my tickets, doc cert, etc, etc.. But same reply..

As a final resort, walked-in (no appointment) to local USCIS office (San Jose). They asked me to come back next day. I went there, they asked me come back on Monday (yesterday). At the clark's counter they asked all sorts of questions and verified all documents, and then allowed me to actual interview with USCIS officer. IO officer asked me why I need AP. I explained him my situ and provided him all docs as proof. He said he will work on it and get back to me. Took the new application, pix and all other supporting docs. Got AP in a couple of hours.

(I applied mine on Sep 3rd. 73 days). I did not get so called Emergency AP, which is usually issued for 30 or 60 days. They just approved my application immediately and gave me the approved AP docs (for 1 year).

So, just go to the office and prove them your case. They will give you AP. I don't think its true if they say they can't issue emergency AP.

Last edited by spicy_guy; 11-17-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Thanks spicyguy

These posts are giving me some peace in this dead lock situation. My only worry is that someone earlier mentioned in one of the old posts that IO's at Irving location told that they don't have any provision to work on Emergency AP's. May be different locations work differently?