Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing after 140 before 485

Has anybody done that?
Questions;
1) Will the old 140 be valid (for using the PD) even if the old employer withdraws/revokes the old LC/140? Big corporation, so I thought that would be a standard procedure?
2) Has the new job title and responsibilities be very similar to the old one?
3) Has the new LC/140 to be filed before the old one is cancelled inorder to keep the PD?
4) is there any memo/law that allows us to keep the old PD once a 140 has been approved (even if it is revoken)?

It is clear that a new LC/140 has to be done once you change the job. So any other information is welcome.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough

Answers below:
1. Once the I-140 was approved on your behalf, you get to keep the priority date unless the petition is judged as fraud or misrepresentation (per this forum). This is true even if the employer revokes the approved I-140. Keep a copy of I-140 and you should be fine.
2. The job titile need not match exactly, only the category needs to be same (per your labor certification document) - please check out this link. Select your job category and locate the job code and make sure the new job has the 'similar' code.
3. Also, starting a new GC process is not linked with the existing I-140 in other words there is no temporal constraint.
4. Not heard about that.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of

OP,

Check my reply in the following thread for your question 4.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-possible.html

The sections I referred in the Adjudicator's Field manual means

USCIS revocation for Fraud or misrepresentation in the application.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold
Default Copy of Approved I140 - Employer Not Willing to Give

Hi Rajenk:

I have gone through the link that you have posted here. Thank you so much. It is very informative.

The only question i have is, my employer though a bank, is not willing to give me a copy of my I140 WHATSOEVER. I tried numerous times and they only say that the attorney (FRAGOMEN) has advised not to give the copy of I140 to the beneficiary. With the banks you know..they may be around or shut any time.

Can you please advise, COPY OF I140 IS REQUIRED, for porting the priority date to new employer?

Thanks

Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Very informative replies. Thanks!!

Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIzzWell View Post
Hi Rajenk:

I have gone through the link that you have posted here. Thank you so much. It is very informative.

The only question i have is, my employer though a bank, is not willing to give me a copy of my I140 WHATSOEVER. I tried numerous times and they only say that the attorney (FRAGOMEN) has advised not to give the copy of I140 to the beneficiary. With the banks you know..they may be around or shut any time.

Can you please advise, COPY OF I140 IS REQUIRED, for porting the priority date to new employer?

Thanks
Hi you might also need the copy of the labor? or atleast the number for that one?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2010
Compare
the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIzzWell View Post
Hi Rajenk:

Thanks
You can file a FOIA request to get a copy of your approved I-140. There are other folks in this forum who have done that successfully.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2010
Compare
the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Hi you might also need the copy of the labor? or atleast the number for that one?
Nope, not needed. You only need a copy of your approved I-140.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of rajenk has much to be proud of

AllIzzWell, as the_jaguar has suggested FOIA is the only way. And yes that helps, some times FOIA requests might take longer, so request it ASAP to get it quicker

Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
whattodo21 will become famous soon enough whattodo21 will become famous soon enough

how do you get a copy of the approved i-140 if the employer is not willing to give it?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2011
Compare
indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute indigo10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattodo21 View Post
how do you get a copy of the approved i-140 if the employer is not willing to give it?
There is no straight way to get a copy of I140 approval notice. For all practical purposes the I140 reciept number will be sufficient(eg: To retain your priority date in case you file GC with another employer).

However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...al-notice.html

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo10 View Post
There is no straight way to get a copy of I140 approval notice. For all practical purposes the I140 reciept number will be sufficient(eg: To retain your priority date in case you file GC with another employer).

However, You can file a request using FOIA. Check the following threads.

Thanks indigo10, this is helpful.