Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
funkycatspangky2 is infamous around these parts
Default checking case status

My green card was petitioned around 2001.

I just checked my status online at the below web site :

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStat...E_D9eU5sMkHgBr

and received the below reply :

------------------------------------------------------

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR

RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On xxxxxxxxx, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

------------------------------------------------------

To date, my lawyers have not received any mail.

Can I please ask if the above means that my petition has been approved for Green Card processing?

Your advice is much appriciated.

Is the above web site real?

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

You (or your lawyer) should get an approval notice within a week from the approval date. Hard to believe after 6 years of waiting?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
You (or your lawyer) should get an approval notice within a week from the approval date. Hard to believe after 6 years of waiting?
Is the web site legit?

How does the 'visa bulletin' dates come into play in this?

Last edited by funkycatspangky2; 12-10-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

The next step is to apply for AOS (form I-485) if you are in the US (assuming I-130 is for you). That's were the visa bulletin comes into play. Your priority date has to be current in order to send I-485 form. Of course, the site is the government site and is legit.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
The next step is to apply for AOS (form I-485) if you are in the US (assuming I-130 is for you). That's were the visa bulletin comes into play. Your priority date has to be current in order to send I-485 form. Of course, the site is the government site and is legit.
Thank you for the quick reply

my lawyer has already done the petition of my GC application.

I have a receipt number.

do you mean that I now have to submit another set of forms/documents?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

If petition to adjust status or to receive an immigrant visa is already filed, there is no need to file another one. If you are in the US, just wait until you get your GC. There is no need to do anything. If that's the case, check visa bulletin to see if an immigrant visa is available for your category. If it is, expect to get your GC soon.