Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute
Question EB3 to EB2 PD wierd answer from lawyers. please help

I am in process of filing my EB2 I140 and port my EB3 PD (485 applied) to new EB2 PD (I-140). This is a reply I got from lawyers when I asked him to make sure in my new I140 we should try to capture my old PD. Can one of you validate this or point me to some links which says this is incorrect...Thanks for your help

It does not appear that the Nebraska Service Center, where M's I-485 is pending, has updated its process since 2005. At that time, the NSC advised to flag an earlier or now current priority date with a colorful paper or other means. We will call M's earlier priority date to the NSC's attention when we file his I-140, though in the past the NSC has not seemed to recognize the earlier priority dates, regardless of what method is used. We will continue to track whether the NSC updates its process similar to the Texas Service Center to allow for email communication about the earlier priority date.

Thanks
-M

I WAS THERE IN DC, WERE YOU?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts
Default IV has details

PORTING PRIORITY DATE - Immigration Wiki

Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amar. I am not sure if the link you provided helps me with my question. Anyway thanks for posting it.

Can some one else comment on my question.

Thanks
-M

I WAS THERE IN DC, WERE YOU?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdelhiite View Post
I am in process of filing my EB2 I140 and port my EB3 PD (485 applied) to new EB2 PD (I-140). This is a reply I got from lawyers when I asked him to make sure in my new I140 we should try to capture my old PD. Can one of you validate this or point me to some links which says this is incorrect...Thanks for your help

It does not appear that the Nebraska Service Center, where M's I-485 is pending, has updated its process since 2005. At that time, the NSC advised to flag an earlier or now current priority date with a colorful paper or other means. We will call M's earlier priority date to the NSC's attention when we file his I-140, though in the past the NSC has not seemed to recognize the earlier priority dates, regardless of what method is used. We will continue to track whether the NSC updates its process similar to the Texas Service Center to allow for email communication about the earlier priority date.

Thanks
-M
My 140 was filed in TSC, later moved to NSC., i filed a new petition for labor,140 @ NSC and it was sucessfully ported, not sure why your lawyer is saying so..

i have heard that in some cases u dont get to really know whether the porting was sucessful or not. so he could be right.

btw he can always send written comms rather then waiting for email system to be launched.