Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Visitor and business visa
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default making english appointment and asking for a translator at new delhi consulate

i have been looking for hindi language appointment for my in-laws at new delhi consulate since more than a month now. have spent many sleepless nights but no luck till now.I am thinking of taking an english appt and then letting my in-laws ask for a hindi translator at the time of appointment. they are from a small village and not able to converse in english. has anyone else had this kind of experience (taking english appt and asking for a translator at the time of appt. at new delhi)-pls guide as i am tired of looking for hindi dates-seems like its a never ending search!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2008
Compare
ranand00 is on a distinguished road
Default appointment at delhi consulate

hey
even me and my wife have spent numerous sleepless nights for appointments but no luck.
i would avoid taking appt in eng and asking for a translator
all the best
anand

Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold

Guys
I think IV is ready to take this case with Dept of State. Please raise your voice at the other thread alive right now. Pappu is saying that if couple of people can support they are ready to talk to officials about this.
Category: EB2
140 AD: May 06
485 RD: July 2 07
485 ND: Sept 7 '09

Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default please dont ignore

please dont ignore this topic even after you book a date. there are other people suffering out there and there will be many more and even you again in future.... (atleast those on h1b).......please guys let us make a difference.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu View Post
i have been looking for hindi language appointment for my in-laws at new delhi consulate since more than a month now. have spent many sleepless nights but no luck till now.I am thinking of taking an english appt and then letting my in-laws ask for a hindi translator at the time of appointment. they are from a small village and not able to converse in english. has anyone else had this kind of experience (taking english appt and asking for a translator at the time of appt. at new delhi)-pls guide as i am tired of looking for hindi dates-seems like its a never ending search!
Billu, don't do that mistake. If they are lucky then they will get in if not then the consulate will simply cancel their appointment and ask them to reapply again. In that case, they will have to pay for the visa fees all over again and go through the entire process. I think you should take this issue to your local congressman and the senator. That is the best solution and I do not think IV will do anything for this since this is completely an administration issue with the Delhi Consulate. Summer time and too many people are applying for the visa and less staffs at the consulate too.

So do not select English and ask for a translator.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
whattodo21 will become famous soon enough whattodo21 will become famous soon enough

i think austingc is right. Taking an english appointment and then asking for a hindi translator will not be wise. Too many scenarios work against you - and if the appt is cancelled and asked to reapply, not only will you loose the money, you will add many more sleepless nights.

Not sure how your local rep or senator can help since it is Delhi consulate problem, but try contacting them and see if they can be of help.

How long does it generally take to get a hindi appointment?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2008
Compare
gcsim has a spectacular aura about gcsim has a spectacular aura about

It takes forever to get hindi app., even I had to opt for english app. for my in-laws. Just waiting with my fingers crossed.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsim View Post
It takes forever to get hindi app., even I had to opt for english app. for my in-laws. Just waiting with my fingers crossed.
ya i have been looking since june 15. but seems like it takes 3-4 months to get a hindi appointment. either that or you got to be extremely lucky or sitting in front of computer 24 hrs a day!!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchatrvd View Post
Guys
I think IV is ready to take this case with Dept of State. Please raise your voice at the other thread alive right now. Pappu is saying that if couple of people can support they are ready to talk to officials about this.
Help him with his query if you can, else just ignore. Everyone here is a non-immigrant till we get our GC. His was a valid LEGAL non-immigrant question. I know you are frustrated with your GC processing, but don't show in on some random person.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute

We have recently done this thing at New delhi consulate. Took the appointment for English for my parents-in-law and when inside requested one of the girls managing inside for Hindi translation but she said when you go to the window just say that you want to answer in Hindi and the officer will talk to you in hindi and the same thing happened. Officer did ask the questions in hindi. This is our experience not sure if this goes with everybody.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default english appointment seems to be a safe bet

ya i spoke to another friend of mine whose parents went for english interview at new delhi. without any request, the american officer asked them questions in hindi, which made them very comfortable. so, i think anyone wanting a hindi appointment and been waiting for 1-2 months can try the option of englsih. i will post my experience next week after my in-laws' interview in english.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2008
Compare
Default Appointment in english

Finally frustrated, I too took an appointment in english for my parents
Will let you know how the interview goes in 3 weeks
thanks

Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerj View Post
We have recently done this thing at New delhi consulate. Took the appointment for English for my parents-in-law and when inside requested one of the girls managing inside for Hindi translation but she said when you go to the window just say that you want to answer in Hindi and the officer will talk to you in hindi and the same thing happened. Officer did ask the questions in hindi. This is our experience not sure if this goes with everybody.
Same thing happened to my parent and the officer asked the questions in hindi.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default for the benefit of those who are looking for hindi appointment at new delhi

thanks guys for all the info.

i had a tough time getting appointment for my in-laws for visitor visa in delhi in hindi language. After looking for more than a month regularly from 6pm to 1am central time every night (every 5 mins) and from 5am to 8am central time every morning, when I did not find a single open slot for hindi, i took english language appointment finally last week on wednesday at 8.30pm central time. dates were available for july 28,29 and 30. since then i have been tracking dates for english appointment and i have seen dates for august 9,10,11,12,and 13 in english at new delhi almost every day around 8.20pm central time till 9.30pm central time.but till now, I have not seen a SINGLE hindi appointment slot at new delhi consulate!!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2008
Compare
Default delhi appointment

yep same experience with me.
well i have taken the dates for 2nd week of august...lets see...hey billu can you please post your in-laws experience once they go for their appt.
All the best to your family
anand