Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Letter campaign : LA Times

To IV Team:
I have received the below letter from LA Times in which they say they don't accept campaign emails. This is in response to the 'contact media' feature in IV. Please take a look:

Thank you for your submission to the letters page of the Los Angeles Times. We have received your e-mail and will review it within seven days.

A reminder about our guidelines:

Submissions should be no longer than 150 words and must respond to stories that have appeared in The Times; please include the title of the article, preferably in the subject line.

We do not accept letters that are part of letter-writing or petition campaigns. We also do not accept letters that appear to have been sent to more than one publication (including websites, web message boards and e-mail distribution lists). Note that you may have received this autoreply message as a result of signing an online petition or group letter.

We require a name, a city of residence and a daytime phone number for verification. If you have not included this information with your letter, please send it now to letters@latimes.com. Please include the subject and/or text of your original letter as well. We will publish your name and city of residence only.

Our e-mail system cannot process attachments. If you have sent your submission with an attachment, it will be deleted automatically. Please resubmit your letter in the body of an e-mail message to letters@latimes.com.

Letters become the property of The Times and may be edited. They may be republished in any format.

We will send another e-mail if your letter is under consideration to appear in the newspaper or on the website.

Because of a quirk in our e-mail program, some letter writers have received messages reporting that their submissions to The Times were deleted without being read. In fact, we review every submission. We apologize for any confusion these messages may cause.

Thanks again for writing to the Los Angeles Times.

For more information, please visit Los Angeles Times - Letters - latimes.com (letters submission form and FAQ in right-hand column) or write us at letters@latimes.com
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future regacct has a brilliant future

The "contact media" option only asks the chosen newspaper to cover immigration.

It would be best if we could write to our local newspapers and inform the public about legal immigration, the problems we face in terms of waits and the solutions that IV as an organization is proposing. This has to be as an op-ed piece and not a letter to the editor..........

This would be a good idea....what does the iv team think?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

With many newspapers writing articles about immigration recently, we members need to write as many letters to the editors/newspapers advocating for our issues as well - raise the awareness of the public on our issues.