Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute harivenkat has a reputation beyond repute
Default USCIS Fee Increase Proposed Rule Clears White House OMB Approval

06/04/2010: USCIS Fee Increase Proposed Rule Clears White House OMB Approval

* This proposed rule was considered economically significant rule and the OMB cleared it within less than 30 days pursuant to the OMB clearance executive order. Once the OMB cleared it, the USCIS will be ready to publish it in the federal register with the comment period of 30 days or 60 days. Considering the comments which they will receive in response to the published proposed rule, the agency will draft and again seek the OMB approval for its interim or final rule for publication in the federal register to implement the fee increase rule. Accordingly, the changes to current immigration filing fees are not going to take place at least for a few months, but it is likely that the fee increase will be in effect within this year, probably as early as this fall. The fee increase rule is expected to encompass certain procedural changes with the current immigrant and nonimmigral benefits application filing and processing. One of the procedural changes that has received a wide attention involves potential issuance of single card for EAD and Advance Parole for I-485 applicants which is likely announced before the end of the year. Please stay tuned.

- The OH LAW Firm
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of Nabeel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by harivenkat View Post

* This proposed rule was considered economically significant rule and the OMB cleared it within less than 30 days pursuant to the OMB clearance executive order. Once the OMB cleared it, the USCIS will be ready to publish it in the federal register with the comment period of 30 days or 60 days. Considering the comments which they will receive in response to the published proposed rule, the agency will draft and again seek the OMB approval for its interim or final rule for publication in the federal register to implement the fee increase rule. Accordingly, the changes to current immigration filing fees are not going to take place at least for a few months, but it is likely that the fee increase will be in effect within this year, probably as early as this fall. The fee increase rule is expected to encompass certain procedural changes with the current immigrant and nonimmigral benefits application filing and processing. One of the procedural changes that has received a wide attention involves potential issuance of single card for EAD and Advance Parole for I-485 applicants which is likely announced before the end of the year. Please stay tuned.

- The OH LAW Firm
EAD with advance payrrole sounds nice even they double the fee. At least we will have the liberty to travel in case of any emergency.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harivenkat View Post

- The OH LAW Firm
The procedural changes involving potential issuance of single card for EAD and Advance Parole for I-485 applicants will be interesting to watch as it develops. It will be a great benefit, but there are hurdles. EADs are sometimes issued for 2 years, but APs are always for an year at a time. Will the combined doc be issued for 2 years at a time, or for 1 year? What about folks who have renewed EADs and APs recently, or will receive renewed docs in the next few months? Will there be a period for which both types of documents will be accepted? What about training around this new combined document? It will take some time for domestic as well as international agencies to begin recognizing the new combined doc.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute memyselfandus has a reputation beyond repute
Default they are planning for 3 years of EAD and AP

Here is more information about 3 years of EAD and AP.

The Beacon: Suggestions from Beacon Readers

There are no strangers but friends waiting to be meet.

Labor : EB3 PD Sept. 2004
I-485 July 2nd Filed - WACXXXX - Case Transferred to NSC.
Moved EB3 to EB2 around Mid of May 2013
Green in August 2013.