Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light pragir is a glorious beacon of light
Default Fingerprinting prepone experience in Charlotte, NC

I had posted questions on whether fingerprinting can be done out of schedule at Charlotte, NC. I did not receive any response so I decided to go ahead and try it anyways. We live in Raleigh and I did not want to make multiple trips to Charlotte, since my wife's appt was a week before mine.

So, we got to Charlotte ASC 30 mins before my wife's scheduled appt time. The lady at the front desk wouldnt let us into the building till 15 mins before scheduled time. This told me that if I let her know that if my appt is a week later, she would kick me out. So, I slipped my appt letter underneath my wife's appt letter and handed it to her. She checked the time on my wife's letter, and assumed that mine was the same too.

We then filled out a form and waited in line with a token number till our numbers were called. My hands were fairly sweaty so they had a tough time getting my prints. Once I was done, I mentioned to the guy who took the prints that my appt was actually a week later. He said it was no problem and I left it at that. Also, he scanned the letter and my info showed up on the computer screen so I am hoping everything worked out.

I had a LUD a day after. However, I just called the NSC and asked if they had gotten my fingerprints into the system and the IO said no.
Receipt from California SC
Transferred to Nebraska SC - Sept 4th 2007
EAD/AP approved - Sept 11th 2007
FP done - Oct 30, 2007
waiting waiting..

Contributed:
$500 through Google Checkout
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default You are Fine

Its Ok, You are done with the FP.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold smartboy75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragir View Post
I had posted questions on whether fingerprinting can be done out of schedule at Charlotte, NC. I did not receive any response so I decided to go ahead and try it anyways. We live in Raleigh and I did not want to make multiple trips to Charlotte, since my wife's appt was a week before mine.

So, we got to Charlotte ASC 30 mins before my wife's scheduled appt time. The lady at the front desk wouldnt let us into the building till 15 mins before scheduled time. This told me that if I let her know that if my appt is a week later, she would kick me out. So, I slipped my appt letter underneath my wife's appt letter and handed it to her. She checked the time on my wife's letter, and assumed that mine was the same too.

We then filled out a form and waited in line with a token number till our numbers were called. My hands were fairly sweaty so they had a tough time getting my prints. Once I was done, I mentioned to the guy who took the prints that my appt was actually a week later. He said it was no problem and I left it at that. Also, he scanned the letter and my info showed up on the computer screen so I am hoping everything worked out.

I had a LUD a day after. However, I just called the NSC and asked if they had gotten my fingerprints into the system and the IO said no.
hey ur PD is current as of Nov 07 visa bulletin..Do let us know when ur GC is approved...It may give us a clue to some trend that USCIS is following...

All the best