Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
aviko21 has a spectacular aura about aviko21 has a spectacular aura about
Angry Do we deserve a GC?

To all those people who are here for free information and don't think about contributing think about this:

To people who swamp this site when a major announcement is going to be made have you ever thought how this site runs or why you were able to file for a greencard earlier than you ever would have?

Can we look beyond our selfish interests and ever think beyond "Whats in it for me"?

Can we selfish people even come close to thinking about anything but our own filing which incidentally came because of the lobbying efforts of a few brave individuals at IV?

I veered off to NUMBERSUSA following some threads and came back with an eye opener: Their Budget this year is $3.5 million and they expect to spend $4.5 million for their efforts which we all our familiar with.

All the members who are contributing to IV are not stupid. They understand that if they make even small contributions like $50 or so a month, it might help the cause of all.

Why can't all the members contribute the cost of a dinner and a movie every month. Adds up to $100 x 23000members = GC for all.

I am contributing another $100 which i hope maybe every noncontributing (yet) member will match.
Congratulations to IV on the successful groundbreaking rally and more importantly the meetings that were organised.
I hope that Logiclife doesn't ever have to post notices to raise funds again.

Last edited by aviko21; 09-19-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Well Said - ThankQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviko21 View Post
To all those people who are here for free information and don't think about contributing think about this:

To people who swamp this site when a major announcement is going to be made have you ever thought how this site runs or why you were able to file for a greencard earlier than you ever would have?

Can we look beyond our selfish interests and ever think beyond "Whats in it for me"?

Can we selfish people even come close to thinking about anything but our own filing which incidentally came because of the lobbying efforts of a few brave individuals at IV?

I veered off to NUMBERSUSA following some threads and came back with an eye opener: Their Budget this year is $3.5 million and they expect to spend $4.5 million for their efforts which we all our familiar with.

All the members who are contributing to IV are not stupid. They understand that if they make even small contributions like $50 or so a month, it might help the cause of all.

Why can't all the members contribute the cost of a dinner and a movie every month. Adds up to $100 x 23000members = GC for all.

I am contributing another $100 which i hope maybe every noncontributing (yet) member will match.
Congratulations to IV on the successful groundbreaking rally and more importantantly the meetings that were organised.
I hope that Logiclife doesn't ever have to post notices to raise funds again.

Dear Friend

Well Said , Thank Q for your support

Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

thank you aviko21 for your contribution, very few members understand all this and when we try to tell them they bash you, they feel shame to use F words.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vaccine is on a distinguished road

Yes, you are right. They probably don't need greencard because they are satisfied and relaxed by getting receits only.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude - I went on a rampage over this weekend - did not sleep at all and was trying to make all these selfish people understand the importance of the rally uisng a multiple thread technique.

Few days after the rally was announced - We were banking for the success of the rally based on the crowd from the North East.

The let down was disappointing - this put a lot of pressure on us - some of us were drained out - we resorted to all sorts of techniques - pleading, begging, requesting, encouraging and what not

i hope people realise after this rally that life is just not about being selfish

But this rally was a great success - we had all the wonderful people - people with a heart and people who have a passion - i met people from all nationalities, web surfers who came across IV during google search were present.

Those who supported us from the behind - a big big thanks to you all.

And people who flew from Seattle, Bay Area, LA and all far off places - this shows your wonderful commitment

Tri State and DC local were a major let down

Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
Red face Pardon the Anger

Chandu but it was expected wasn't it?

We are Indians! let others work for us!
Who me? you said me march in a rally? I ain't illegal you know?
besides I have a bunch of idiots flying in from all over the country to rally for my GC! So you see I dont need to go!

Also I don't need to contribute!

If you look closely I am turning red! Yes! Yes! I turned into a redneck!

Old 09-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ashamed - SAD

Maybe some people can still wake up that without their contribution it was hit.

Atleast they can contribute NOW.

Our efforts will succed but all those who are just sitting in front of these monitors for free info

Remeber, You are burden to yourself, You Family and society.

Just once at least think do you deserve this.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all
Default Next work in on us( lazy bums..myself included)

Exactly right on point AVIKO.

Ok fellows, all of us lazy ones who could not go to rally ( myself included);
Lets give IV rally heros some rest and shoulder some responsiblity.

Can i speak for you all ( who could not go to rally), that we will add our efforts now and will go the extra mile..may be it any effort.
WE WILL DO IT

My Salute to "IV Rally Heros".

Thank you guys.
--------------

Now For contributions, come on folks...come on..think about it,
You flaunt latest gadgets...buy costly cars ....
and when it comes to contribution...you donot want to contibute
Yet still...when rules kick your butt....lawyers donot listen to you...
you turn to IV....( I did want to say the word...but i have to say it)
"you shameless" fits the description...

Lets contribute...for a real cause. I tell you.. it feels good...real good.

** Contributed $200 & Pledged for $100 every month **
- 485 receipt received : Sept 17th
-EAD - Card production ordered - Sept 24th
-485: NSC - Mailed july 25th. Received jul 26
-140: TSC - Approved Jul/aug 07
-Labor: TSC - June 06

Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
thank you aviko21 for your contribution, very few members understand all this and when we try to tell them they bash you, they feel shame to use F words.
Were u at the rally?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light sam2006 is a glorious beacon of light
Default i feel guilty and feel like contributing much more

I have contributed about 1100$ along with 50$ recurring till date
but every time i see the IV core hard at work for US I feel guilty and feel like contributing much more

that is the least i can do from my side
I hope the free riders come forward and show there support to IV

Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
wolfpok will become famous soon enough wolfpok will become famous soon enough
Default staying positive...

We bring people to the cause by focussing on the positives. the rally with 2k people was a positive. For a grassroots movement to take shape and organize itself into a force that can produce 100s of congressional meetings and speeches by house leaders is truly on a great track! I think we have a lot to learn as to how we translate our raw passion into great results...but thats what i am in it for...a great journey with IV.

lets keep going. lets point to the 2k people who turned up and ask those who are skeptic to get in and be part of the movement.

pok from nc.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsrikant is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
where were u buddy... i saw macaca... i was standing beside him for most part of the rally. but can't find u....

Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
Default Did we meet our target?

It would be very interesting to Know if IV met the last minute funding call of $41,000 that was put up last week.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

Yes, i was. I met with MN members including paskal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Were u at the rally?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Smile Libra was there!

Libra is a beloved member and co-lead of the IV MN chapter and she was present at the rally holding placards and cheering up the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca View Post
I looked around for you. Where the heck were you?

Join the IV Minnesota Chapter

Proud participant of the September 18th Rally in DC. Flew in from Minnesota.

Closed Thread