Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Voice on KTVU(Fox 2 in Bay Area)

IV on Bay Area TV - FOX-2 (KTVU)

Pratik Dakwala of Immigration Voice was interviewed by KTVU, a local Fox affiliate of San Francisco Bay area. The name of the interviewer was Priya David.
The program will be telecast between 5PM and 6PM Pacific standard time and the interview is about 5-6 minutes long.

Dont live in Bay area:
If you dont live in San Francisco/San Jose area, you can see the link that they would upload on website : http://www.ktvu.com/index.html. We will post the link here once available.

If you live in San Francisco/Bay area:
This will be probably available only in Bay Area and nearby areas where they can have KTVU Fox-2. The good thing is, since this is a local channel, I dont think you need cable to see this. However, if you do have cable I am sure you can see it, but then I am not sure whether it will be channel 2 or some other channel.

This is one more media coverage event in the series of events that has helped immigration voice highlight the problems of legal employment-based immigrants. Other media stories that covered Immigration Voice can be found here(also a menu item on home page): IV in the News

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Link to the Video Clip

The video clip has been posted on the website and the link is

www.ktvu.com/video/9315563/index.html?taf=fran

Great job IV and Pratik !!!

Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold
Default Good job IV!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonedesi
The video clip has been posted on the website and the link is

www.ktvu.com/video/9315563/index.html?taf=fran

Great job IV and Pratik !!!
Well said!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
still_waiting is on a distinguished road
Default good job

good job !

Old 06-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Pratik. we should grab every opportunity we get to voice our opinion even though this TV interview was mostly on H1B visa cap and increasing the cap. Only 10 seconds or so were given to the lengthy green card process. Increasing H1B quota is not a solution for us. It would infact increase our wait times and backlog of applications. it is in the interest of Hi-tech companies to have the h1b visa quota increased so that they can get more skilled workers. However they know that once they have an H1B worker, they will have that worker for many years due to retrogression. Thus retrogression is not a BIG news story. We need to highlight the greencard quota issue and not confuse it with the H1B quota issue. I feel these are 2 different things. After watching the SJC and Senate proceedings I feel Retrogression and greencard quota issue needs more awareness and education amongst lawmakers so that it is not confused with H1B visa quota.

Last edited by pappu; 06-03-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Berkeleybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
Good job Pratik. we should grab every opportunity we get to voice our opinion even though this TV interview was mostly on H1B visa cap and increasing the cap. Only 10 seconds or so were given to the lengthy green card process. Increasing H1B quota is not a solution for us. It would infact increase our wait times and backlog of applications. it is in the interest of Hi-tech companies to have the h1b visa quota increased so that they can get more skilled workers. However they know that once they have an H1B worker, they will have that worker for many years due to retrogression. Thus retrogression is not a BIG news story. We need to highlight the greencard quota issue and not confuse it with the H1B quota issue. I feel these are 2 different things. After watching the SJC and Senate proceedings I feel Retrogression and greencard quota issue needs more awareness and education amongst lawmakers so that it is not confused with H1B visa quota.
Pappu,

Not sure how Priya David fell through the cracks but the very first thing we do when we talk to reporters is hammer away and draw a distinction between H1-B and EB workers. It is part of our media mantra. In fact this comes across so strongly that the WaPo reporter even called me back to say "see I didn't mess that up!" Unfortunately, TV stations do tend to splice together a bunch of stuff just to get a story out.

We just have to keep hammering away.

best,
Berkeleybee

Old 06-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road

good job IV!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whereismy_gc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
I think the whole point of increasing the H1-B quota and at the same time not easing the GC processing leads me to think that US high-tech companies are looking to employ Hi-Tech slaves just as they did when the U.S economy was largely dependent on farming industry, during the 19th century.

It's in their blood, and no one can get that out.

Get that point!!!

I think we need to get out on the streets!!!!