Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing
Click to log in with Facebook
Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing Travel out of country and re-entry after 485 filing. Various options of travelling and issues that need to be taken care of while filing and after filing 485.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jijiewang can only hope to improve
Default Valid AP, but out of country for long time and unemployed

Hi,

Last year my husband got laid off. At that time he was on H1 visa, 140 approved and 485 pending. He applied and got AP, and then left U.S in March 2009. AP is valid until March 02, 2010.

Now he wants to get back to U.S. and try his luck finding a job before AP expires.

My question is what are his chances to be able to get in U.S considering

1)He has stayed outside of U.S for about 11 months.
2)He is not employed by any U.S company.

Thanks.

Jijie
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

In general, AP is not related to employment (it is a conditional admittance aka parole into US boundaries till the conditions are resolved), so the PoE CBP should not ask about employment. However, as your husband has been away for a long time, the CBP officer may be curious to know why and what is the purpose of entering US after such a time lag.

In such a scenario, your husband should have a strong reasoning as to why he is entering US. Some of such reasons are a) employment b) having immediate family in US or c) owning house/property that needs visitation.

If your husband has one such reason, it may be helpful to gain entry into US, but pl do consult your lawyer...good luck
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote