Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times
Click to log in with Facebook
Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times Receipt tracker, status tracker, processing times.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DUNBAR is on a distinguished road
Default Filing I-485 when Priority date is not current.

How difficult would it be to work with the USCIS dept to "allow" filing of I-485 stage on a continuous basis when priority dates are not current? In the current scenario they are pre-adjudicating cases up to July 2007 and are allocating visa's number to them as and when DOS makes them available. They can might as well allow a continuous filing of 1-485, pre-adjudicate them, and then we can wait when DOS gives the visa numbers to get the GC. On the USCIS side of things they will at least reduce their deficit, from fees for i-485, EAD, AP, Renewals. On our side we get the EAD which eliminates employer dependency, visa stamping, visa renewal, proving employer-employee headache. This may sound like a baby step to streamline the GC process. Will this need any type of legislative effort? Is this possible?
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
validIV will become famous soon enough validIV will become famous soon enough

Shouldn't be difficult but it is the USCIS that we are talking about after all. Unless it is passed as law, it wont happen. A dual stage I-485 application process was being discussed last year but nothing came out of it. Piecemeal legislations will not pass as the public wants CIR not bandaids.

And FYI, EAD does not eliminate employer dependency—you still need an employer.

Last edited by validIV; 01-22-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DUNBAR is on a distinguished road
Default Filing I-485 when Priority date is not current.

Thanks for replying back. I dont think we would need a change in legislaturel for USCIS to start accepting i-485 applications, when the PD's are not current. I'm sure there must be a way we are just not thinking differently. If we were talking about getting the GC, then yes we would need a change in the legislative process via or bill and so the hopes from CIR. Currently EAD does not mandate a need to prove an employer-employee relationship during renewal or issuance as in the case of a H-1B application.

Closed Thread