Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: What will it take to make you change your mind and attend the rally?
I need funds 4 57.14%
I need more solid reasons why to go 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation You! Yes, You! Change Your Mind And Attend the Rally!

You still have time to arrange your plans and attend! Hereís why you should come:

You have probably made up your mind not to attend the rally. Perhaps you think that already many people will attend and that one more or one less person (You) will not make a difference. But it will! In fact, letís not even think about whether one more or one less person will make a difference. Rather, I invite you to think this way: Do it because itís right! Do it for yourself! Think to yourself that you would do this even if you were the only person attending the rally. Think of Gandhi. Think of Martin Luther King.

You have been very frustrated for years with this broken immigration system, right? Perhaps youíve been stuck for years, no raises, spouse cannot work, children aging out? How many times have you wanted to tell Congress whatís on your mind? This is likely your ONLY CHANCE to do so! Again, think of this in terms of you attending even if you were the only person attending. Attend because you are mad. Attend because you want to see change. Attend to make yourself visible, and make everyone out there know of your silent struggle. The silent struggle that you have had to put up for years. Even if thatís all you do, you will feel better. People will know the unfairness that you have been treated with! Attend because IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO! If your friends are not attending, try to convince them, but if they choose not to go, donít let that influence you! Sometimes in life we have to do things just because they are right, no other reason. Will this rally work? Will lawmakers listen? Will my employer be mad that I took a day off? Will I have to spend $500 to get there? None of that matters! The only reason of why you should attend is because you have been abused, and you will not take it! You have dignity! You will go and tell Congress to stop messing with you unfairly. You have the power, freedom and OBLIGATION to do so! Your children will be proud of you. If you do not attend the rally, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime lost opportunity! LETíS GO! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default "I Have a Dream" - End Retrogression Now!

Learn from MLK. He ended Opression. We can end Retrogression!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Lets see how many come forward after reading this and join rally...

Old 09-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

We are not asking for any special rights or entitlement. We are not doing anthing illegal. We are just petitioning the government to treat us - fairly - in the spirit of the founding charter of this nation, Declaration of Independence - That all men are created equal, and deserve equal chances in the Pursuit of Happiness.

No one can harm us for rallying to our cause. Our actions are protected by the First ammendment which gives Freedom of Speech and Expression to even the non-citizens.

Last edited by walking_dude; 09-04-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Well Said

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
We are not asking for any special rights or entitlement. We are not doing anthing illegal. We are just petitioning the government to treat us - fairly - in the spirit of the founding charter of this nation, Declaration of Independence - That all men are created equal, and deserve equal chances in the Pursuit of Happiness.

No one can harm us for rallying to our cause. Our actions are protected by the First ammendment which gives Freedom of Speech and Expression to even the non-citizens.

Will be there in DC

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

People just don't want to soil their hands in cleaning their house but want others to do it for them.

Lot of people consider it below dignity to do something about GC related stuff, many just want to live they way they are, no ambitions, no motivation to work towards a change.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Yes, but many do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
People just don't want to soil their hands in cleaning their house but want others to do it for them.

Lot of people consider it below dignity to do something about GC related stuff, many just want to live they way they are, no ambitions, no motivation to work towards a change.
You are right! But many others do! And many that currently don't are just misinformed, and I believe that they can have a change of heart and attend the rally once they see it is the right thing to do!

Old 09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

To add to this.. Some will think that something good just going to happen since next year is election.. Not sure what makes them think that..

Some are extremely negative-- They will say doesn't matter what you guys do,nothing will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post

Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

and few people asked me ' are you crazy? why you are doing all this for GC?'

Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
You are right! But many others do! And many that currently don't are just misinformed, and I believe that they can have a change of heart and attend the rally once they see it is the right thing to do!
Persistence from all of us is the key here. U r doing a great job

Old 09-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up September 18th Or Never

Folks its September 18th or Never.
This rally is going to affect a lot of things in the near future.

So think over it. Think hard and do the best for urself.

It for U not for anyone else.
Its for your spouses and your aging out kids.
Its for your career and your growth.

IN ALL ITS FOR YOUR AND YOUR FAMILY'S BETTERMENT

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

We should attend. It matters a lot.. Even uneducated farmers fight for their right. Why should we not show some solidarity and let the nation hear our voice?

Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus View Post
To add to this.. Some will think that something good just going to happen since next year is election.. Not sure what makes them think that..

Some are extremely negative-- They will say doesn't matter what you guys do,nothing will happen.
Those with negative opinions - they do not do much in life too - most of these wake up late in morning, go to work, watch TV , lazy in weekends , play cards, chat on phone , always spend a lot of hours on the internet researching for some crappy deals on electronic goods - the time, if well spent is worth more than what they save on buying the item.

Though it is difficult to change their attitude - it is possible, we must be persistent in our effort.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of gbarquero has much to be proud of

Very good. If I can go, I am sure you can go too. If I can afford to buy some plane tickets, you can too. If I can take a day off, you can do it too. This little time and money is nothing compared to your next few visits to your attorney's office when is time to renew that I am sure you're tired of doing.
I want to do it for my family, you do it for your family and then educate somebody else so they can go too. Next thing you know, we'll be a lot and we'll be heard.
If you don't go to D.C. you'll feel bad when you see that we succeeded and you did nothing about it!!!! just taking a "free ride" All of us are enjoying the results from the flower campaign and the S.J. rally. So we know we can do it again.

When you get your GC faster than expected, you'll feel so guilty.

We'll be there, I want to be proud that I did my part!!!!!

Thank you guys!!!

Last edited by gbarquero; 09-04-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Everyone can make it! If they want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarquero View Post
Very good. If I can go, I am sure you can go too. If I can afford to buy some plane tickets, you can too. If I can take a day off, you can do it too. This little time and money is nothing compared to your next few visits to your attorney's office when is time to renew that I am sure you're tired of doing.
I want to do it for my family, you do it for your family and then educate somebody else so they can go too. Next thing you know, we'll be a lot and we'll be heard.
If you don't go to D.C. you'll feel bad when you see that we succeeded and you did nothing about it!!!! just taking a "free ride" All of us are enjoying the results from the flower campaign and the S.J. rally. So we know we can do it again.

When you get your GC faster than expected, you'll feel so guilty.

We'll be there, I want to be proud that I did my part!!!!!

Thank you guys!!!
Thanks man! Great attitude!

Think about it, everyone can make it! We have already prevailed against so many odds! (The first of which was to get a job in the U.S. with so much worldwide competition for our positions). If people really want something they will do it! The key is to convince yourself that you want to go to the rally because you think it will be useful to you! (Trust me, it will, but you need to convince yourself! At least TRY!!!!) We can do this!!!