Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

View Poll Results: Tri State members : Do you want to share bus ride for DC rally?
Yes, I want to share the Bus Ride to DC rally 46 58.97%
No 13 16.67%
I will consider if there is a Bus 24 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
I am back. Was busy yesterday doing some trivial things like finding a job for myself , as it got terminated recently and have two mouths to feed. But I can assure everyone who is reading this message that I will continue to move forward to achieve our mission.

Pappu, I fully agree with every words you have said. This is a grass root effort. Unless each and every member is active, we cannot achieve our mission.

We are not doing any charity or social work here. Those of us who are active, I can assure on their behalf their continued committments "till they get their green cards". After that at least I don't care.

So the folks with late PD or in EB3 category should take a serious note of my words. If the laws are not changed, I would still get my GC because of my earlier PD but you are doomed.

So think and do yourselves a favor!

singhsa3, sorry to hear about your job. Thats not trivial!!! Only people like you can think that way. Personally, I'd have given more preference to first find a job and make sure I'd be able to pay monthly bills on time. Hats off to you brother!

And btw, if you are related to programming world and more specifically in Java, I can definately help. I work in a finance co. in NY and know theres one immediate position available. Please PM if you are interested.

I did send you a PM regarding NJ publicity. Respond whenever you get time, no rush.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 Soft LUD 31-Mar-2009
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Contribution - $225 till date
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light geesee is a glorious beacon of light

mundada - my below replies are not intended towards you. Mainly for the people who fit in the buckets you laid out. thank you for your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundada View Post
1> We are talking about rally which is 4 weeks away. Getting receipt is more of attention grabber than attending rally discussion.
People need to understand that receipt will come. Its just a matter of few weeks. But if we miss the rally, then getting GC would be matter of years... i repeat, YEARS.

Quote:
2> In addition people living in the nearby states don't have to make extensive plans to attend the rally. They can simply get up in the morning and drive down in 4 hours. If they live in NYC and don't have a car then they can get a return ticket for $35 and can catch a bus from City Hall every 1/2 hour, not kidding.
That is true. But at least, speak up. Let IV know that you are coming. IV cannot magically find out how many from tri state area are planning to come for the rally. And more importantly, being an IV member, its everybody's responsibility not only just come for the rally, but also encourage others as well.

Quote:
3> No response does not mean no interest.
How long does it take to sign up at IV website and give your vote to the poll? Response is must at least to understand the head count. And that will surely encourage other members.

Quote:
4> In addition, some like me are not sure whether the dates are going to change again.
Why do you think the dates gonna change again? It was only one time when the rally date got postponed. After that I didnt see any post that gives any hint of possible postpone of the rally.

Quote:
5> Believe me it is easier to mobilize 30 out of 30 people than 30 out of 3000 people. There are different psychological reasons. Anyways just a hint after coming to the USA we are suddenly more aware and sensitive of our culture and people from our country. I know many who did not visit their places of worship when they were in their native country and have started visiting every weekend after coming to the USA.
If there are any other psychological reasons, IV really needs to hear about those. If there is any family emergancy(wife pregnant, etc.) or the project you are leading is being released to production on 18th sept. - those are genuine reasons. But not attending the rally just 'coz someone else is attending it for you - thats the sign of cowardness.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Last edited by geesee; 08-22-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

singsa3, sorry to hear about U'r job man. Hope U'll find a job soon.
We need to have atleast a few buses from tri-state area. Guys from Minnesota can find 1 bus full of people, its a shame that we are struggling to find people for 1 bus from tri-state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
I am back. Was busy yesterday doing some trivial things like finding a job for myself , as it got terminated recently and have two mouths to feed. But I can assure everyone who is reading this message that I will continue to move forward to achieve our mission.

Pappu, I fully agree with every words you have said. This is a grass root effort. Unless each and every member is active, we cannot achieve our mission.

We are not doing any charity or social work here. Those of us who are active, I can assure on their behalf their continued committments "till they get their green cards". After that at least I don't care.

So the folks with late PD or in EB3 category should take a serious note of my words. If the laws are not changed, I would still get my GC because of my earlier PD but you are doomed.

So think and do yourselves a favor!

Last edited by mpadapa; 08-23-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare

^^^^ I hate to bump this thread.

Guys, please vote. If bus option doesnt work out, we can coordinate car pooling among each other.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute mpadapa has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ABC of GC is on a distinguished road
Default bump

bump

Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare

^^^^

Only 28 of us from NJ/NY/CT?

If you are voting "No" to the poll, would you be kind enough to post the reason as well? Let it be anything.. just go ahead and let us know why you don't want to participate in the rally.
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

We should be having more than 30 people from tri-state..

Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCNaseeb will become famous soon enough
Default I would like to take bus ride oneway from NJ

I am flying from San Jose and stay at my relative's place in NJ over the weekend. I will be taking a public transport from NJ to DC either on Monday night or early Tuesday morning. I am looking for a shared accommodation from Monday night until Tuesday Morning in DC. If anybody reserved any hotel accommodation, I can share the cost. I am also looking for shared ride back to Dulles Airport after the Rally.

Last edited by GCNaseeb; 08-22-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
manishcp is on a distinguished road
Default Bus ride to DC from Edison, NJ

I would like to take a bus ride to DC.
Anyone in forum please let me know the procedure.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishcp View Post
First thing is to vote on this poll, which you already did!

Someone from Tri-state chapter will call you and get few details. Please complete your profile with the phone no. Thanks for planning on attending the rally!

Please do inform your friends and colleagues!
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

manishcp, we will get in touch with U soon on this matter.
If you are not a member of tri-state chapter yet. Please join by clicking on my signature. Please check your PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishcp View Post

Old 08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare

We need 19 more people to fill up the first bus.... if 36 of us are planning to come alone!
I-485 ND 18-Sep-2007
I-485 RFERR 18-Aug-2015
GC Approved!! 1-Sep-2015

Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default families

hopefully many people are not alone
guys please be in touch with the tri state chapter and please indicate how many travelers to help plan better. that way a second bus can start from a different location making everyone's life simpler....

i'm guessing the first bus is actually close to full with 36 members voting...

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Default Join tri-state yahoogroups

Please join tri-state yahoo groups by clicking on the link in my signature.
Please also update your profile on U'r yahoo account to specify U'r exact location. This will help us do the planning for the bus and also we can communicate with U individually thro emails to figure out the exact # of ppls (including families).

Closed Thread