Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all
Default Special thanks to the architects!

This thread is dedicated to say special thanks to those helping hands - who did the real long range planning over weeks to make these 3 days a success!!
Lot of pieces from different tracks had to come together in a glorious symphony as the curtains went up.........

1. Texanmom : Congressional Reception Menu planning, catering, contract,
negotiating was done by this wonderful gal. Long range from Texas!! The impeccable planning and attention to detail made it a cakewalk for me to execute.

2. Rupa : Media coordinator - The wide publicity that this rally got was due to the hard work put in by her. She was constantly on the phone helping us out.

Meenal
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaiting View Post
This thread is dedicated to say special thanks to those helping hands - who did the real long range planning over weeks to make these 3 days a success!!
Lot of pieces from different tracks had to come together in a glorious symphony as the curtains went up.........

1. Texanmom : Congressional Reception Menu planning, catering, contract,
negotiating was done by this wonderful gal. Long range from Texas!! The impeccable planning and attention to detail made it a cakewalk for me to execute.

2. Rupa : Media coordinator - The wide publicity that this rally got was due to the hard work put in by her. She was constantly on the phone helping us out.

Meenal
--

Guys thank Texanmom for all the good food you had during Monday night reception. She choose the menu.
Also to Meenal, who took over from her. This was great.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default me too

i'd like to second this (or is it third!)
kudos to texanmom and rupa.....

and to english_august who could not make it but worked remotely to blog the rally and provide updates!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

I'd like to add Sukh - the banner maker in there.

Awesome work, gsc999 arun antonio and a few others know 1st hand how long those take to make.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default sukh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc View Post
We should tell Sukh Praaji to deliver u-haul full of flowers to logiclife

Sukh - great job man, as promised we reached before you did... you really did a great job hauling the banners, water, flowers, flags. Tu-Si-great ho... praa.

yes sukh is a certified hero!
he arranged the banners and placards, he worked out the UHaul arrangement, he arranged flowers, flag poles, stationary supplies...you name it...
he also arranged hotel accommodations for many of us and told us where to get great food at 2am!!!
Sukh was one of only 4 people that worked through saturday till other volunteers started to trickle in by late evening.

as the post above says...a great guy..left everything to make the rally a success. wish we had a hundred sukhs

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

/\

Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold H1bslave is a splendid one to behold
Default thanks for the great help

Also special thanks to Arun for his restless support in dropping and picking volunteers, flyers, hosting at home and what not.
Thanks a lot.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute virtual55 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

I would like to thank Shivakanth for all his efforts

Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Thanks!

For the recognition..but i did way too less compared to what a lot of other folks have done to make this rally a success.

I am still recovering...and catching up on all the stuff that I postponed :-)

Will be back in full force by the start of next week.

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

Thank you to each and every one !!