Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default A Gift for IV

For every IV member that gets their GC, would it be too much to ask them to contribute say at least $100/- ? May be this can become a norm and the starting point for an "IV Alumni"

The folks who will be getting their GC's in the next 2 months can show the way - Along with posting the happy news that you got your GC and of course posting your RD and ND and PD and the fact whether you had AC21 or EAD or whatever , will it be too much to give something back to the community that helped you all the way?

I think this would be a noble gesture in support of this organization that has supported the cause of lots and lots of employment based immigrants.

"A Small contribution from you, A Giant Win for IV"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future Mahatma has a brilliant future
Default Help IV to help us all

This is a sort of repeat post for me BUT for the sake of forward movement, I am supporting this motion forward.

Those who received Green should contribute as much as possible. Sometimes, splitting contribution to recurring (instalment) payments works wonder. This is called small is beautiful in India and [U]Kaizen [/u]in Japan. According to this philosophy, if you make 5 phone calls everyday with consistency, you could make numerous calls over a period of time. However, if you try to make 100 calls a day, it does not go much farther.

Material contribution (money) is important to sustain IV (keeping website up and running, maintenance and other overheads) in this corporate country.

However, intellectual contribution is very important as well. For some reason if monetary contribution could not be made, one could contribute by knowledge-sharing. Rational and analytical thoughts, balanced ideas and responsible opinions are a huge asset and let us make IV knowlede-driven, smart and sharp organization.

Bottomline: Contribute by thoughts, donations and best still, both.

Remember: We are knowledge workers and we can do things smartly and practically.

Go Ivians!!

Old 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Smile I would like to contribute at least $1000

For me, it would take at least 2-4 years to get GC as my PD is around OCT-06/EB2.

I sincerely would like to contribute at least $1000 to IV, when I receive my GC.

So far..

One Time Contribution - $100
Recurring Contrib Since OCT-07: $50

Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post
For every IV member that gets their GC, would it be too much to ask them to contribute say at least $100/- ? May be this can become a norm and the starting point for an "IV Alumni"
Old wine in a new bottle ---- this idea was actively discussed couple of months back. Many people committed to this type of contribution.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
Old wine in a new bottle ---- this idea was actively discussed couple of months back. Many people committed to this type of contribution.
Let us see next month when EB2I will start getting lot of approvals. How many IV members contribute once they get GCs.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light

Guys - I apologize, I was not aware that this has been already discussed extensively.

The truth of the matter is that our organization needs funds. The ideal way to get funds is for every member to understand the value of IV and contribute. That will take its own course.

In addition to that i think we should look at events as they happen that affect our community and use those to rally our members and get additional help from them - time, resources and money and we have done that in the past and have succeeded. When our bills passed in the senate and we needed money to lobby the house, a call was made and people did contribute.I think constructive feelings of hope, happiness and success do encourage people.

If things happen as folks expect and a lot of IV members do get their GC in the next 2 months, i think this would be an event to target and request members to contribute to IV.

So fine with me if this has already been discussed, Can we promote this and track it. Would it be too much to add a second thread that talks about contributions to IV when i look at 5 threads at the top of the list that all track LUD's

Old 07-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Would it be too much to add a second thread that talks about contributions to IV when i look at 5 threads at the top of the list that all track LUD's
This spurt of LUD-related threads is a symptom of the COLTS outbreak that has been reported recently. This epidemic seems to break out every time VB jumps ahead a few notches
Donated $200 (after receiving Green Card)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default should be more

$100 is way too less.

If I get GC, I promise I'll donate $500 to IV right away!!

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Life is a game....why get serious?
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
$930 in contribution, DC Rally & Phone Campaign

[SAVE PAPER think before you print.]

Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Let us see next month when EB2I will start getting lot of approvals. How many IV members contribute once they get GCs.
The problem here is, that once people get their GC, most cannot wait to get away from this site. I mean forget the actual Green Cards, even once the July 2nd filers got their EADs/APs etc, the activity on this forum has DRASTICALLY reduced.

Is it just me, or post the July 02 2007 filings, IV has been reduced to an "information only" kinda website BY ITS OWN MEMBERS? These days we simply post questions and expect answers, almost nothing seems to be happening. Everyone is content to enjoy the benefits of the I-485 filing and a lot of members have simply stopped visiting the site altogether.

So we can float this idea again, but the point is how many people will actually DO IT? I have started the "Give me a HIGH FIVE" campaign, where all the member has to do is contribute JUST $5.00. Yes JUST $5.00, nothing more. So far we have barely made $3,000. There are atleast 20,000 members who have no problems posting questions and "demanding" responses, but they cannot open their wallets even to the tune of $5.00. Do you really think, such members will contribute $100 AFTER they have already received their Green cards??

Last edited by eb3_nepa; 07-28-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
So fine with me if this has already been discussed, Can we promote this and track it. Would it be too much to add a second thread that talks about contributions to IV when i look at 5 threads at the top of the list that all track LUD's
k3gc ... there is nothing wrong with opening this new thread. The idea was discussed last time, but there was no tracking. So its the tracking thingy which is new in your proposal. I personally think that discussing this idea is much better than discussing about lord Ganesha's picture on a beer bottle.