Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 239
ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute ebizash has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Ken,

The reason that the USPS is not showing your documents delivered could be many. One of the biggest reasons that I have experienced is "unable to scan the bar code". This is more probable if you had printed the mailing label and affixed it on the envelope with a tape. Sometimes the tape can overlap the bar code making the bar code difficult to be scanned. I frequently use USPS priority mail and in about 10% of the cases this happens. But I never had a lost priority mail piece.

Additionally the fact that you had a soft LUD on 9/28, I would think that LUD was for the reason that USCIS received the documents. I had applied AP online on the same date as you did, sent docs via priority mail the next day. USPS showed that the documents delivered on 9/25 and had soft LUDs on 9/25 and 9/28.

Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #62  
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 PM
ken ken is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold
Default

Thanks Ebizash. Yes I too have soft lud's on my wife AP on 9/25 and 9/28. I sent it to NSC. Yes the same barcode scanning reason was told to me by USPS. I hope that USCIS recieved the documents.

Thanks again for putting some light on this
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #63  
Old 09-30-2009, 01:43 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
PG75 is on a distinguished road
Default TITLE in I-131

hi Guys,

Anyone can shed some light on this one ?


Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG75 View Post
Hi folks,

Need some help.
During e-filing of AP, certify page has a TITLE field. Any ideas what needs to be filled in it ?
I am filing I-131 for myself and spouse.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #64  
Old 09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Title - Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG75 View Post
Hi folks,

Need some help.
During e-filing of AP, certify page has a TITLE field. Any ideas what needs to be filled in it ?
I am filing I-131 for myself and spouse.

Thanks
Title field is for your title or how would you like USCIS to address the applicant as...Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr etc...
__________________
India EB2; PD - 18th Feb 06
I-140 - Filed Apr '06; Approved Jun 15th '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 16'07; Notice Date Aug 27'07
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #65  
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3
PG75 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you very much illionois_alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_alum View Post
Title field is for your title or how would you like USCIS to address the applicant as...Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr etc...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #66  
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,590
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Hi,

AP E filing needs us to enter teh USCIS office that our application is peninding..

How to get that...My receipt number starts with SRC
__________________
Help IV Help U !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #67  
Old 09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute
Default SRC - Texas Processing Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11 View Post
Hi,

AP E filing needs us to enter teh USCIS office that our application is peninding..

How to get that...My receipt number starts with SRC
A receipt number starting with SRC usually means that the receipt was issued by the Texas Service Center. However, at this moment, the case could be pending at any other center it USCIS transferred it.

Use your receipt number to lookup the case status on the USCIS website. The status will tell you where your case is pending.

Use this link to lookup your case: -

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do
__________________
India EB2; PD - 18th Feb 06
I-140 - Filed Apr '06; Approved Jun 15th '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 16'07; Notice Date Aug 27'07
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!

Last edited by illinois_alum; 09-30-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Incorrect link
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #68  
Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute
Default you're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG75 View Post
Thank you very much illionois_alum
You're welcome
__________________
India EB2; PD - 18th Feb 06
I-140 - Filed Apr '06; Approved Jun 15th '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 16'07; Notice Date Aug 27'07
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #69  
Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 AM
ken ken is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold
Default

Hi Ebizash-

Did you noticed any LUD today on ure AP renewal case

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizash View Post
Ken,

The reason that the USPS is not showing your documents delivered could be many. One of the biggest reasons that I have experienced is "unable to scan the bar code". This is more probable if you had printed the mailing label and affixed it on the envelope with a tape. Sometimes the tape can overlap the bar code making the bar code difficult to be scanned. I frequently use USPS priority mail and in about 10% of the cases this happens. But I never had a lost priority mail piece.

Additionally the fact that you had a soft LUD on 9/28, I would think that LUD was for the reason that USCIS received the documents. I had applied AP online on the same date as you did, sent docs via priority mail the next day. USPS showed that the documents delivered on 9/25 and had soft LUDs on 9/25 and 9/28.

Hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #70  
Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM
ken ken is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold
Default

Hi Ebizash-

Did you noticed any LUD on your case today

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken View Post
Hi Ebizash-

Did you noticed any LUD today on ure AP renewal case
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #71  
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,590
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_alum View Post
A receipt number starting with SRC usually means that the receipt was issued by the Texas Service Center. However, at this moment, the case could be pending at any other center it USCIS transferred it.

Use your receipt number to lookup the case status on the USCIS website. The status will tell you where your case is pending.

Use this link to lookup your case: -

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do
I have it just says Texas Center....efile for AP seems to have many Texas offices in the drop down..which one to I choose..

Whcen I call USCIS 1800 number, they say that my case is pending in Mesquite, TX....and that does not show up in the Efile Drop Down.
--------------------
On May 29, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.---------------

-------------------------------------------
__________________
Help IV Help U !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #72  
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute
Default TEXAS SERVICE CENTER - there is only 1 entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11 View Post
I have it just says Texas Center....efile for AP seems to have many Texas offices in the drop down..which one to I choose..

Whcen I call USCIS 1800 number, they say that my case is pending in Mesquite, TX....and that does not show up in the Efile Drop Down.
--------------------
On May 29, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.---------------

-------------------------------------------
Mesquite means TEXAS SERVICE CENTER. Enter is exactly as I have here. If you look in the drop down list, there are multiple field offices for Texas but one TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
__________________
India EB2; PD - 18th Feb 06
I-140 - Filed Apr '06; Approved Jun 15th '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 16'07; Notice Date Aug 27'07
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #73  
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,590
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois_alum View Post
Mesquite means TEXAS SERVICE CENTER. Enter is exactly as I have here. If you look in the drop down list, there are multiple field offices for Texas but one TEXAS SERVICE CENTER

Thx so much I got it..


For the "Class of ADmission" - if I have entered US on AP, do I enter "Parolee"
__________________
Help IV Help U !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #74  
Old 10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 223
illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute illinois_alum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty_11 View Post
Thx so much I got it..


For the "Class of ADmission" - if I have entered US on AP, do I enter "Parolee"
Yes - you should enter PAROLEE as status if you last entered the US on an AP document
__________________
India EB2; PD - 18th Feb 06
I-140 - Filed Apr '06; Approved Jun 15th '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 16'07; Notice Date Aug 27'07
FP Notice Date: Aug 31'07
FP Completed: Sept 28'07
GOT GREENED: 08/02/2010 by NSC
Contributed $250 and will continue to contribute even in the future!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #75  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 AM
ken ken is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold ken is a splendid one to behold
Default

Just a quick update on AP Case- Today the e filed application got approved The total time it took is about 10 days from filing to approval.


e filed on Sept 23 and approved on Oct 2
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EAD E-File question ds37 Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 5 07-13-2010 03:59 PM
I-131 (AP) e-file question milmuk Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 7 10-14-2009 03:53 PM
EAD E-file Question sratlanta Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 19 07-23-2008 01:09 PM
2nd LC must file within 6 month-A question bishwas123 All other Green Card Issues 0 04-24-2007 09:47 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org