Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sept 18 Rally: Help Generate publicity

This is the time for all lawyers, bloggers, website owners, ethnic media to show support for the rally. We know a lot of them visit our site or are known to our members. We request them to announce this Immigrationvoice event on their site. IV will greatly appreciate this gesture to generate publicity.

IV members, please post this news to various forums and websites you visit so that we can generate maximum publicity.

Last edited by gsc999; 08-09-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Rally date changed from 13th Sept to 18th sept.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Help Needed:
We need help from some volunteers to prepare a publicty poster for this event. Once you have written the text you can send it to us for approval and then design the poster. Everyone can use that poster and put it in their local grocery stores, temples, apartment complexes etc....

Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Independence Rally

I will carry one poster in Aug. 19th Independence rally in New York for publicity

Old 08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
american_dreams will become famous soon enough
Default We need to have the posters ASAP

I did not know about the San Jose rally or the flowers campaign until i saw in the news. This clearly show how important is to have the posters ready ASAP. The more ahead of time people are aware of the plans for Sep 13th the more they would be motivated (less flight expenses, leave from work etc.) to show-up in DC.

Some of the places where we can have the posters:
- Restaurants
- Movie theaters
- Grocery stores
- Temples
- Apartment mail and washer rooms
- Company lounge
- Universities close to DC
- News papers back in the home country (This would really get attention of every one in USA)

Last edited by american_dreams; 08-01-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare

I think the news papers in the home country would more effective i.e. in India Times of India, Indian express and regional news papers like Eenadu (Telugu)

I think this would be more effective because everyone one of us call our people in home country atleast once a week and would be informed of this event. In the past many times i have seen my parents ask me about things in USA that come in the news papers for them.

Also the websites like sulekha.com, idlebrain.com, raaga.com, timesofindia.com, eenadu.com etc. should have the information posted. The idea being that all of tend to go to these websites everyday and we they have a very good chance of getting peoples attention.

I have listed specific websites and newspapers to India above, but all the other country people should try to do similarly which ever will be effective means of communicating in their home country and people from their home country in USA.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default Please think outside the box

Don't just contact Indian media representatives, think global - come on!

As for poster for the local areas, we can edit and reuse the SJ one if need be

Got Green but still working at IV

Last edited by franklin; 08-02-2007 at 01:51 AM.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare

franklin,

can you upload the SJ posters?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default Posting /Forum Organisation

Admins,
A thread has been posted seperately for this. Please see if this is of any help. Else you could ignore.

The postings are going hey-wire and is getting pretty difficult to navigate through the threads to get a particular thread of interest. This is making people to post a new thread though there exists already lot many threads on some particular topics. That way, the replies are even getting repeated which could be streamlined for un-answered questions. It is probably organised this currently, but that needs clicking forum and which takes to a fresh pages, rather it would be nice if we could have ajax like response which would be much faster and doesn't need to take it to a new page.

So there definetly needs to be a good forum organization that helps users to navigate to a particular topic easily. I think that should be one of the highest priorities for the IV website admins team.

one suggestion I feel is to organize in a tree view. I dont know how feasible it is to get a tree view listing for IV website. The tree view should be collapsable and expandable like the windows explorer.

IV
+ Legislature and IV agenda
+ Green Card
+ General
+ I- 485
+ Predictions
+ Filing
+ Reciepts
+ Jan 2007 Reciepts
+ ... Reciepts
+ ... Reciepts
+ July 2007 Reciepts
+ ... Etc.
+ I- 140
+ Predictions
+ Filing
+ Reciepts
+ Jan 2007 Reciepts
+ ... Reciepts
+ ... Reciepts
+ July 2007 Reciepts
+ ... Etc.

So on so forth.

Hope this helps provided there is a feasibility of organizing this way.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Hey ras, good effort in explaining what was on your mind with reference to organization.

Welcome to IV. Please consider becoming a contributing member.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 08-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute digital2k has a reputation beyond repute
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:00 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default *

Last edited by digital2k; 08-14-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice
Default Posters/Flyers

Did any one created Posters/Flyers for Sep 13th rally. If so can they be uploaded? I will take printouts and place them in local grocery stores and in university campus.