Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc.
Click to log in with Facebook
Sept 18th Rally: Car-pooling, Group Reservations for Air travel, hotel etc. This forums is for threads that are pertinent to Sept 18th rally. If you want to carpool to DC, travel by Air and looking for group reservation for cheaper rates with other members in your city, group reservation for Hotels, rental cars etc, please put threads here and then communicate with local IV members.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all
Default Lost

I think we should make a list of things we lost and found in D.C

The amazing thing is We Found all the things we lost. I found the same pair of glasses Twice! The owner managed to lose it again in the situation room and I found it again - I think he didn't like the glasses

Chargers and ties were lost and found. I think after working 3 days straight, without much food/sleep and thousand and one things on our mind - we too were lost

Meenal
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

The driver of the cab talked to me and said there was a man in a suit who forgot his blackberry in my car. And after having heard the hilarious (but obviously stressful to him) stories about him losing his bags and what not, I had no doubt in my mind who it was, so I pointed out to Aman and sure enough thats who it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdakwala View Post
Three unbelivable things had happen in DC.

1. Aman forgot his cell phone in the Cab. This phone had all the important contact information. One passenger using the cab found it and he decided to return it to the owner of the cell phone. The passenger did not want to give his cell phone to the cab driver since there is no guarantee that the cab driver will return the cell phone to Aman. He therefore decided to find the passenger (Aman). The passenger asked the cab driver who was sitting in this cab before he took this cab. Where did he dropped the passenger (Aman).

The driver brought that passenger at the Washington Monument. The passenger asked the driver to find Aman. The driver found Aman and the cell phone was returned.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
The driver of the cab talked to me and said there was a man in a suit who forgot his blackberry in my car. And after having heard the hilarious (but obviously stressful to him) stories about him losing his bags and what not, I had no doubt in my mind who it was, so I pointed out to Aman and sure enough thats who it was.
I hope he does not forget us - all IV folks - entire community - who depends on this "Great Man who forgets laptops, bags and cell phones"

I am sure "forgetting us will never happen" - he forgets all those things because he "has all of us in his heart"

Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpok View Post
"Some might wonder why we participated? Well, how could we give up on a chance to make history and truly understand what it means to live in a democracy. Its not about desperation for a green card, its about fairness and dignity. We believe that we have the right to a fair, open and predictable process and anything else is an affront to our dignity. We believe that the system is broken and can be changed. But change to the system will not come overnight and it will definitely not come with us keeping quiet. So we got out and did what we knew was possible - get the message out, propose solutions, meet congressmen and appeal to people's conscience.

In participating in this movement for change, we realized something else that we would like to share. We realize that the struggle for a fair immigration process is but a process of change just like struggles against oppresion and prejudice of different severities. The only difference is that its a question of dignity and fair process versus segregated facilities and disenfranchisement. Accept one and you accept the other. So if we wonder how the world could have every been a certain way in the past, we don't have to look beyond ourselves. Honest and well intentioned as we might be, if we cannot stand up and say something about something that affects our rights and freedoms as individuals, we are saying that we are OK with all that is around us.

thanks to all who offered support! if you are still on the sidelines, do get involved! Our success depends on all of us making a contribution!"
I am stealing your message to use in my email to my friends.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all Meenal is a name known to all
Default Well said

Well said indeed!
Can you pm me your real name or picture. I am pretty sure i have met/talked to you.
Thanks for inspiring ppl to attend the rally.
Meenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
I hope he does not forget us - all IV folks - entire community - who depends on this "Great Man who forgets laptops, bags and cell phones"

I am sure "forgetting us will never happen" - he forgets all those things because he "has all of us in his heart"

Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Wow!!! I wish I could have attended this mesmarizing rally experience. Now can you guys come up with more data on who (Rally member) met who (Law makers / Media Persons ) and how those meetings were and what opinions you heard at least verbally. What we could successfully conveyed particularly to law makers etc...

While we need to collate all the lawmaker meetings data, PLEASE DO NOT post any meeting details on the forum. We do not want to make any of the confidential data public.

We shall let you all know how we wish to collect the information.

Thank You.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough
Default Your Trust in IV have made IV stronger

Everyone knows that IV had requested its members to booked their ticket for 13th of Sept. Later on we have to change it to 18TH of Sept.

There are number of members who have booked their ticket for 13th of Sept. and then later have paid some fees to change it to 18th of Sept. We would like to tell each and every member of IV that IV have not reimburse anyone any fee difference that airlines have charged them. We did receive the initial request but later on they all changed their mind and said that we would not like IV to reimburse the difference that airlines have charged. WOW

Cheers to everyone who decided not to ask IV to reimburse the fee difference that they paid to Airline companies.

Pratik

Last edited by pdakwala; 09-20-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold dtekkedil is a splendid one to behold
Default Want to return a Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaiting View Post
I think we should make a list of things we lost and found in D.C

The amazing thing is We Found all the things we lost. I found the same pair of glasses Twice! The owner managed to lose it again in the situation room and I found it again - I think he didn't like the glasses

Chargers and ties were lost and found. I think after working 3 days straight, without much food/sleep and thousand and one things on our mind - we too were lost

Meenal
Speaking of ties... I met a volunteer (I think his name was Rajesh or Ramesh) at the registration desk who "loaned" me a tie for my Lobby meeting. When I asked him how I can return it to him he said "just give it to any CA members. I'll get it"

So please friend... whoever or wherever you are thank you and please send me a PM so that I can mail it back to you!

Dilip

Old 09-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Important

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LAWMAKER MEETING STUFF OR SENSITIVE INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD

THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR SHARING SOME NICE MOMENTS SOME MEMORIES AND FOR "OH WAS THAT YOU??" AND "DID WE REALLY MEET?" KIND OF MESSAGES

Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
pdakwala will become famous soon enough pdakwala will become famous soon enough
Default Your feedback about your meeting with lawmakers is important.

We have informed everyone before the meet the lawmakers drive and we are informing everyone that please sent your feedback to IV at Lobbyday @immigrationvoice.org.

DO NOT POST ANY FEEDBACK MESSAGE ON THE FORUM. YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE SENT MEETING DETAILS ASAP at lobbyday@immigrationvoice.org

Thanks

Pratik

Old 09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ajm has a spectacular aura about ajm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdakwala View Post
Cheers to everyone who decided not to ask IV to reimburse the fee difference that they paid to Airline companies.
Pratik
I was one of the members who bought the ticket early for Sep 13 and had to rebook. Initially, I did ask IV to reimburse me but after receiving a very nice email from Aman and seeing how sincerely they wanted to set things right (regardless of whether I could make it on Sep 18), I never took them up on the reimbursement offer.

Attending the rally was great! The people who did not come have missed out on a unique experience.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaiting View Post
Keep the Aroras seperate , that is, Puneet Arora and Sumita Arora....these guys would not miss a single chance to beat each other up.

Here is a scene I was in:

Paskal(Puneet) is driving - Sumita is sitting on the passenger seat - we have no idea where we are going. It is 2:00a.m and we are REALLY hungry and tired...

Sumita "I will give you directions from my Tom - Tom " I think she meant GPS.

Puneet (after taking several wrong turns) "It is not a Tom - Tom"?

Sumita- " whateverer it is , it gives me directions and I talk to it" (She was spending 4 hrs. driving each day with this TomTom ).

Puneet - "ok, let's follow our friends".

Sumita dials.

Vandana(in the other car) - "Yeah you can follow us".

Puneet - "well where are you guys"

Vandana - "We are trying to figure out, I don't know how we got here - Let me consult my GPS"

This is what happens when you are sleep deprived, food deprived - all the gadgets in the world cannot help you.

Jane( a chinese) - "why do you guys have to eat anyway, it is time to sleep???"

that ride was just hilarious...for the record it was vijay who told me "i don't know how i got here...i can't remember", he had lefts and rights nicely mixed up! pratik was in the same car and told me later that vijay did not believe that machine could beat him so he constantly challenged the directions

as for sumita (samay)...besides working very hard...she provided great entertainment...don't know what we would have done without her. i'm going to remember her waiving her car keys at me and asking me to drive and then even before the car moved...she announed "not so fast" , took you and me a moment to realize she was saying it to vijay on the phone not to poor me who had not yet moved!!!!! i will also not forget her walking upto the registration desk on rally day and someone said good morning...sending sumita into a real tizzy as her morning "had begun at 5 am" which is absolutely true...since she had one of aman's lost bags and was given no choice but to drive to VA to return it...
yeah and that "tom-tom"...wish she would learn to program it
(ok now we are guaranteed to get a response! if not let's make a lawyer joke!)

i was also in that other hilarious cab ride well after midnight on monday night when we were desprately trying to find our hotel. i will never ever forget logiclife's frustration sitting next to the driver who could neither read nor understand english and was deathly scared that if he went for directions we would ride away in his cab
that scene when logiclife finally grabbed the wheel on the highway to get us on the correct exit had me and pratik in splits the rest of the ride...and when he tried to get the cabbie to move as the other car we were following was leaving...tapped in on the shoulder..then head...finally his face as our guy seened utterly lost trying to read his zones and calculate how much fare we were building up in that wild ride...

add to that aman's lost bags and cell phone and constant attempts to call akhil to retrieve his wallet...poor akhil arrived back huffing and puffing and in mortal panic...later we discovered we had his home phone number and had been leaving messages on it for 2 days...and wondering why in the world he would not pick his phone up!

btw i persuaded jane to eat a samosa...she was very scared it would keep her up but the small size convinced her to try it...i think she even like it...

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default everyone's experiences

we really do want to hear everyone's experiences
tell us what it was like to meet pappu and logiclife
and aman...
not to forget macaca and jaime!!!!!

btw i never met jaime...there's one regret finally....

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up that was an experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paskal View Post
add to that aman's lost bags and cell phone and constant attempts to call akhil to retrieve his wallet...poor akhil arrived back huffing and puffing and in mortal panic...later we discovered we had his home phone number and had been leaving messages on it for 2 days...and wondering why in the world he would not pick his phone up!
It was a unique situation.........
me and my wife were coming back from a lawmakers meeting and found that Aman was waiting for his wallet as the luggage was in my car...........

while walking fast she scratched her ankle badly and was not able to walk properly............ so i made her sit at an intersection and ran towards the hotel............ then had to rush back to get her, as i had asked to her wait at an intersection....

was fun and by the time i reached back i was like all huffed/puffed up and she was laughing at me...........

Old 09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default I thought pappu would have a halo around his head :)

I met pappu for the first time at the reception registration, and someone had to point out to me that it was him heeeee. Honored to meet you!
pdakwala, you are the best, you were the one who called me and tried to get AA to waive the change fees for me, and I had really looked forward to meeting you. It is plainly evident that you guys really care about your members.
Paskal, I had seen your picture before, so I knew it was you. You made us walk all the way back to the starting point by which time all the cleanup was already done!
MACACA IS REALLY MY CHACHA NOW I couldn't stop shouting MACACA randomly. I think I even shouted PAPPU out of dhiren's car.
Aman, I couldn't believe how everyone was approaching him for all the pettiest of things (including myself) and he always obliged.
LogicLife is too proud.. he didn't take the rose I offered him during the rally. I don't want to have anything to do with him now!!

Got GC in Sept 2011