Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Guys calm down.. I know it is sad news for everybody.. But just shouting at each other not going to help.. The whole system is broken and now they are kind made us fight among each other. This is trick everybody use against Indians. They know we are so good in fighting among each other. This is time we should show that we are unite and will fight back.

Lets wait and see what our core members has to say.. But for now at lease don;t start fight and use bad words here.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default The fine print is - what is their PD?

I saw your post; I knew some cases that were approved, but their PD is Jan 2002, both EB3 IN. They did concurrent filing before Oct 2005. It is these cases, that are getting approved now.

So, it is better to check and note the PD. Any recent approvals with PD in 2005 or 2006. Then that may be outer limit to which it MIGHT retrogress, if the Monday release is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrajatish
Ok, I checked a couple of forums - EB3 india seems to be on a roll with many approvals in June, do not see that many for EB2 India (last one I found was 6/25/07) approval date

Source of data: , rupnet

Old 06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mrsr will become famous soon enough

What happend to other workers in june? they accepted till 5 th june and then
stopped accepting the files, still the visa bulletin shows as 01OCT01.

I am confused, any body any idea

Old 06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coloniel60 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpp
Even now or in future also, "GC process should be by priority date". I know that and it should be like that, i am ok with that. But that doesn't give you confirmation that you get GC card before the guy followed you. Anybody can struck-up in between in any process and it is for individual to take necessary steps to reach your destination, like how you travel on road. Person started first in car doen't gaurantee to reach destination first. If he is a lazy and not adjusting his speed with road traffic, then he may be the last person to reach. It all depends on how move your course of action, while following the laws. Grow up.
Thats why I am saying USCIS should not make the visa numbers current. If the highway can't handle the traffic then they should only allow a limited number of cars. Otherwise all it creates is a deadlock. You applied your labor in mid 2006 and now you want to get GC by end of 2007. People who started their GC in 1999 are still stuck in BE and by the time they come out of BEC, the visa numbers will be retorgressed because people like have taken the visa numbers that rightfully belonged to someone else.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Guatemala
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilwaiting is on a distinguished road

Yes thats exactly it.

USCIS might post a notice that it would stop accepting applications after so and so date. Most likely July'2nd because all the visa numbers are exhausted in june.

VB would not be changed, just the USCIS policy.

What a difference in just 2 weeks, A immigration file does'n't move from the company Hr's table to attorney in 2weeks. But such a HUGE decision making numbers that are current to Unavailable can be made in 2 weeks? What do you think it is? I think its conspiracy.

If numbers were to get exhausted in 2 weeks why did DOS move the dates by 4 years in first place? And now to Unavailability? This is deliberately done because CIR failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsr
What happend to other workers in june? they accepted till 5 th june and then
stopped accepting the files, still the visa bulletin shows as 01OCT01.

I am confused, any body any idea

Last edited by ilwaiting; 06-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adde72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloniel60
Thats why I am saying USCIS should not make the visa numbers current. If the highway can't handle the traffic then they should only allow a limited number of cars. Otherwise all it creates is a deadlock. You applied your labor in mid 2006 and now you want to get GC by end of 2007. People who started their GC in 1999 are still stuck in BE and by the time they come out of BEC, the visa numbers will be retorgressed because people like have taken the visa numbers that rightfully belonged to someone else.
Coloniel60 ,
Try to understand first before arguing illogically.
Dont wait for the disabled cars move and clear the road, Move them to the ramp and allow the new ones on the road. That want DOS and USICS doing so that they want more cars to go on the road

Old 06-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adde72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilwaiting
Yes thats exactly it.

USCIS might post a notice that it would stop accepting applications after so and so date. Most likely July'2nd because all the visa numbers are exhausted in june.

VB would not be changed, just the USCIS policy.

What a difference in just 2 weeks, A immigration file does'n't move from the company Hr's table to attorney in 2weeks. But such a HUGE decision making numbers that are current to Unavailable can be made in 2 weeks? What do you think it is? I think its conspiracy.

If numbers were to get exhausted in 2 weeks why did DOS move the dates by 4 years in first place? And now to Unavailability? This is deliberately done because CIR failed.
I hope it will happen like that otherwise they would have announced it friday itself.
They willl give some weigth to AILA and let USICS richer by few more millions this year .
USICS and AILA will be happy so that they can milk money for the next few years in EAD & APO renewals .
Its a win win situation for every one

Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sriswam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Good that they are closed on Saturday and that it will be delivered Monday, otherwise it would have been rejected and sent back... Fire your attorney!
Actually there was a precedent in the H1 case where they accepted petitions on Saturday March 31st to be applied towards April 1. The attorney knows her stuff. Still makes me jittery

Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC08 will become famous soon enough
Default Quite possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by adde72
I hope it will happen like that otherwise they would have announced it friday itself.
They willl give some weigth to AILA and let USICS richer by few more millions this year .
USICS and AILA will be happy so that they can milk money for the next few years in EAD & APO renewals .
Its a win win situation for every one
Everybody looks at us as a big chunk of meat.

Last edited by GC08; 06-30-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DDLMODES is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpp
Why didn't you converted your RIR case to PERM if you want the GC urgently eventhough they give a chance to do like this? If you didn't use it and stick with BEC, then it is your decision and face it, but not try to justify what is going to happen is correct.
Listen you self righteous p..k.

I've been reading your post since yesterday. Before you call other people lazy think of this: When they introduced PERM I and other people was at my H1B extension and the only way they would give me one was based on pending labor for more than 1 year. How stupid do you think one should be giving away the only chance to stay here for the mirage that PERM was at the time. Don't judge people if you never been in their shoes.

Nobody says what is hapening is correct but if they screwed up and they don't have the visas or the man power or whatever, accepting applications will do NOBODY no good.

Be courteous to people that wait for 5-6 years due to others incompetence because in the end what goes around comes around ALWAYS !

Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAnotherFile
the july visa bulletin was released around june 12/13, and this bulletin stated that EB5 other worker is unavailable retroactive from june 5, and in fact USCIS has been rejecting applications recieved after june 5.
Let's stick with the facts. The July bulletin states that EW visas were exhausted in June. It does not make any mention of when they were "retroactively" exhausted.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloniel60
When highway can't handle the trafic, you make toll booths or make another highway, just don't close the entry points. I can understand your thinking because what you mean is..guys I'm on a highway and want to drive 100mph to reach my destination so you all slow drivers get the hell out of here or just close the roads so that no one can enter. I got your point...and I saw you on the other forums spitting out the same philosphy...
I've never seen people like you when IV was asking for funding for the common cause because you do not belong to a common cause. So please...your point is taken and now shut up.
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111
Cards Received - 6/9/2011

Finally maDemygc

Old 06-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
GCDream has a spectacular aura about GCDream has a spectacular aura about GCDream has a spectacular aura about
Default Message from Rajiv Khanna at immigrationportal

<Quote>
It is possible. Such an action would be illegal, but CIS has already stopped accepting I-485 applications for another category known as “Other Workers,” despite June Visa Bulletin showing that category is current. My advice to all of you is keep filing all through the month of July. For all we know, they may never issue such an illegal policy or they might lose a lawsuit filed against them. So keep filing. Regards to all. Rajiv.
</Unquote>

Here is the link:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/ann...php?f=241&a=95

Old 06-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC08 will become famous soon enough
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDLMODES

I've been reading your post since yesterday. Before you call other people lazy think of this: When they introduced PERM I and other people was at my H1B extension and the only way they would give me one was based on pending labor for more than 1 year. How stupid do you think one should be giving away the only chance to stay here for the mirage that PERM was at the time. Don't judge people if you never been in their shoes.

Nobody says what is hapening is correct but if they screwed up and they don't have the visas or the man power or whatever, accepting applications will do NOBODY no good.

Be courteous to people that wait for 5-6 years due to others incompetence because in the end what goes around comes around ALWAYS !

In a lot of cases, it is not whether YOU want or not to apply under the new system... your employer, lawyer, etc. played a critial role, sometimes determining role.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDLMODES

Dude ,

Dont give lame accuses . PERM is more than 2 year old and if you dont want to convert, that your decision and no body disputes that .But ,saying moving of VB to current is illogial . you guys dont want to take risk period.

Accepting applications will give EAD & APO and indepence after 6 months .

Last edited by royus77; 06-30-2007 at 12:48 PM.