Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 06-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrajatish
1. Has any one heard of recent 485 approvals for Eb2 India/China?
2. Has any one heard of recent 485 approvals for Eb3 India/China/Mexico/Philipines?

All of these are retrogressed countries/categories and if you have heard of approval in late June (last week of June), it will mean that Visa numbers are still available (which consequently means dates will retrogress but not become unavailable).
I do not think that they will make dates U as if they did they they cannnot approve any existing petition and may again waste the visa nos this year.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adde72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time for some action

Quote:
Originally Posted by adde72
CIS Ombudsman , Prakash I. is the only guy in the bureaucracy and Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives and the Senate can only understand and hear our plight regarding the Visa Bulletien. Let plan a email/fax/phne campaign
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bumping up ...Shall we plan for this

Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sriswam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check
Folks, I notice a link in www.aila.org with title
"Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability " / AILA Doc. No. 07062930.
What if DOS issues a revised July Visa Bulletin? File the adjustment now anyway? Some things to consider.

Any one got any communication from attorney's.. Also folks working with big corporate lawyers.... Any updates if they sent the documents yesterday or sending the documents today

My attorney mailed in my papers on Friday night and marked saturday delivery! The USCIS offices are closed Saturday. So I believe they will receive it on Monday. The fedex tracking shows that its at their facility. I dont fully undersatnd the strategy behind marking "saturday delivery". This law firm was working late into the night trying to send out as many applications as possible.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswam
My attorney mailed in my papers on Friday night and marked saturday delivery! The USCIS offices are closed Saturday. So I believe they will receive it on Monday. The fedex tracking shows that its at their facility. I dont fully undersatnd the strategy behind marking "saturday delivery". This law firm was working late into the night trying to send out as many applications as possible.
Was your PD current in June?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adde72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by snedle
This is not true, I sent my 765, 131 & 485 on June 7th to NSC. My checks cleared on June 19. I am waiting for my receipts from my Attorney
which category you applied ? EB3 - Otherworkers ???

Old 06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrajatish will become famous soon enough mrajatish will become famous soon enough

Guys,
As I mentioned in my previous post -
If you see folks in EB2/3 getting approved, then it is a good sign - please find that out and include it in your email to DHS/DOS. It is more proof that DHS is still approving and needs to accept july filers.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default Ombudsman is for to do post-mortem things...

and to give policy pointers, recommendations.

THIS administration is using legal commissions, judicial commissions recommendations, legislative recommendations as toilet papers.

Forget about CIS Ombudsmen's recommendations, let alone mass action in contacting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adde72
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bumping up ...Shall we plan for this

Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about nk2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Applying in PERM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAnotherFile
colniel60,
u shoudn't have sat on your lazy A$$ and applied for perm instead of relying on BEC. what goes around come around.
keep your stupid thoughts to yourself buddy, don't go shooting about in a public forum.
Not all employers listen to what their employees want. We requested PERM conversion. My employer was convinced by our attorney's that it is not a good idea.

PD - May 2004

Old 06-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
factoryman is on a distinguished road
Default OK, you made your point, calm down.

Let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot

Old 06-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sriswam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Was your PD current in June?
Nope, it wasnt current in June. This was for the july filing.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bomber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswam
Nope, it wasnt current in June. This was for the july filing.

Good that they are closed on Saturday and that it will be delivered Monday, otherwise it would have been rejected and sent back... Fire your attorney!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of
Post exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2
Not all employers listen to what their employees want. We requested PERM conversion. My employer was convinced by our attorney's that it is not a good idea.

exactly. and i totally understand that and sympathize with those in BEC. But that cannot be a reason to justify USCIS bad behaviour with revoking july bulletin.

we all understand the queue is based on priority dates but some get stuck while some get processed faster. the system is already a screw-up but that does not justify bigger screw-ups.

fyi i am a resident alien in this country since 1995 but my PD is 2005 due to various reasons. but there is no reason for those in BEC to justify saying they have earlier PD so it is justifiable for USCIS to change the July bulletin as it is not fair.

Maybe some of the apps with earlier priority dates that those at BEC, will be stuck in FBI name check for 10 years, and the BEC foilks may get theirs in 2 years. So will they not accept their GC's till everyone having earlier PDs have been approved by the syste.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrajatish will become famous soon enough mrajatish will become famous soon enough
Exclamation 485 approval summary

Ok, I checked a couple of forums - EB3 india seems to be on a roll with many approvals in June, do not see that many for EB2 India (last one I found was 6/25/07) approval date

Source of data: , rupnet

Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough thakurrajiv will become famous soon enough

This whole thing is so frustrating. Similar thing had happened in July 2005. This was after perm introduction. USCIS did not do anything crazy like they want to do this time. My PD is very close to July 2005 time frame. Many of the people who got to file at the time have got their green card because of this USCIS "485 backlong reduction effort". This whole system is broken and very frustrating. I dont know how to keep cool with this.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
coloniel60 can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAnotherFile
colniel60,
u shoudn't have sat on your lazy A$$ and applied for perm instead of relying on BEC. what goes around come around.
keep your stupid thoughts to yourself buddy, don't go shooting about in a public forum.
You should go shooting around only in a public forum. Would you have paid me the money if I had opted to go with perm instead of BEC? So shut the f*** up.