Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 01-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
thokkalohdi is infamous around these parts
Default no more...

"are you on H1-B".. i am going to ask people infornt of other citizens.. if he is a "slave". And i propose.. always use the word slave.. and not "h1b non-immigrant worker".

And if IV can sell badges that says "i am a slave" i want to buy it and wear it to work, so that others are aware of what is going on and raise it in their meetings or discussions on immigration.

grave circumstances will require extra ordinary actions. And we need to raise up now...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greenappletx is infamous around these parts

Submitting around 15-30 comments every day in line with IV. Asking my team to stay more time and complete this task :-)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice VinayJ is just really nice
Default FBI investigation comments does not show up

I have so far posted many comments in different form from the day comment period started for FBI investigation.however I don't see any of the comments showing up so far. Is USCIS is filtering and removing those comments?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute racoon786 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker1 View Post
Guys,

We dont have much options to fight this proposed rule apart from comments. Proposal Comments can also be hijacked by immigration haters and lobbyists. The only way we can show our strength is by gathering as many signatures as possible to show white house how serious we are with this rule.
Keep pouring in as many signatures as possible on this petition -

REMOVED LINK TO A PETITION

Forward to as many friends as you can. This will definitely get the attention of white house and they can review the proposal before it is final.

There is already close to 100 signatures on this petition. We need about 3,333 signatures a day to meet the 100,000 target. Together we can make this WORK!!!
douche

Old 01-07-2016, 12:17 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sfben is on a distinguished road

For those who wanna learn more about how lobbying works in Washington and how a rule like I-140 EAD can be killed/watered down by Employer community(Chamber of Commerce), there is a youtube video that explains it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHiicN0Kg10

Old 01-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maddy1234 is on a distinguished road
Default Disgusted....

Dear Mr. Cummings,

I completely oppose the proposed rule in its current form.

I have been in this country for more than 8 years and I am waiting in the GC backlog for many years now ..

The proposed rule does not comply with the intentions of Mr. Obama's executive action on Immigration, as it is only beneficial to the 1% of the whole EB community . I think it is better not to waste DHS & all the stakeholder's time in creating something that is not useful.

I feel like I am being treated as a slave to my Employer as he continuously exploits my current dependency on him as a bonded labor. I have been working for the same employer for more than 6 years and I cannot change jobs/advance in my career as new employers do not want to go through the hassle of filing a PERM or sponsoring a H1B.

I think it makes no sense that there are more restrictions on a LEGAL LAW ABIDING TAX PAYING HIGH SKILLED IMMIGRANT to get an EAD/AP with an approved LPR than an ILLEGAL immigrant through programs like DACA/DAPA . I hope you guys do understand it is counter-productive to American economy and American Citizens as a bonded H1B worker is more attractive at a lower wage than an American Citizen. Number of workers that are on H1B is inversely proportional to wage inflation, which has been one of the biggest issue in today's economy.

This non-freedom for an high skilled immigrant also keeps the potential new businesses from getting started, undermining the creativity & new job growth in the US.

I would also like to know why the rule has be deviated from the initial proposal/draft within the last few months, specifically starting Sep 2015?

Are there any lobbyists involved in driving the changes so the proposed rule would keep the interests of immigration lawyers and employers in check and make the legal immigrant employee be in the H1B HYPERLOOP for ETERNITY and live in constant fear ?

I think an investigation by FBI would make sense in understanding of what has all happened in drafting this rule.

I do sincerely hope you guys consider changing the proposed rule, so that a Legal immigrant with approved LPR would get an EAD/AP without any "Compelling Reasons & 1 Year cut off limit on Priority Date" nonsense .

Lets work together for better world....!!!!

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8n8t-bylg

Old 01-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinayJ View Post
I have so far posted many comments in different form from the day comment period started for FBI investigation.however I don't see any of the comments showing up so far. Is USCIS is filtering and removing those comments?
Mine have started showing up with the FBI language. So keep at it. Good luck to all of us!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopal008 is on a distinguished road

I sent few about asking for EAD and AP and FBI. Looks FBI comments are showing up now. Lets put mroe comments. It is ridiculous we have huge indian people waiting for green card but I see only 4000 comments. The outreach seems to be very limited.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bajajpulsar is on a distinguished road
Default Reporting complaint to DHS OIG

Sounds like a good idea to register the complaint with the DHS OIG. Another place we can vent our frustration at, with the hope that it turns the heat on for the lobbyist.

What is IV board's opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh Bhandari View Post
Launched an enquiry against Amy Nice at DHS office of inspector general using this website: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/hotline/hotline.php

There should a federal investigation against her and everyone who is involved in this scam.

Not only Amy, Greg Siskind should also be reported to FBI and DHS anti-fraud devision for his inflamatory comments on twitter against indian and chinese people.

Look at how he is making fun of our misery on regulations.gov in the comment -

Regulations.gov

Urging all the H1B slaves to report these lobbyists from AILA to the authorities so that they can be thrown behind bars.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal008 View Post
I sent few about asking for EAD and AP and FBI. Looks FBI comments are showing up now. Lets put mroe comments. It is ridiculous we have huge indian people waiting for green card but I see only 4000 comments. The outreach seems to be very limited.
Dont' be discouraged as long as you are doing your part by telling your colleagues and neighbors by spreading the word
Most people don't know about immigration voice, how these rules work, and if they can actively participate in the whole process so spreading the knowledge helps

Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road
Default My comments

Despicable ,Detrimental, Dirty, Disease, Disgusting, Disheveled, Dishonest, Dishonorable, Dismal: This is how I would define this rule that USCIS/DHS pulled out of thin air disregarding president Obama's EO reforms.

Looks like Big Business lobbying efforts($$$) paid off and sabotaged President Obama's reform.

This proposed rule works only for the Employers and of course the Lawyers get paid a ton of money for the additional paper work(ka-ching).
Guess we'll see many more Immigration lawyers become Millionaire and Billionaires!

The legal highly skilled Immigrants gets left out high and dry as usual and has to go through a maze of new rules( more paperwork + long processes) to achieve the American dream( LPR + Citizenship).

Immigration Trivia: Did you know it take on an average 30-50 years for a Legal Immigrant from China/India abiding by the rules and regulations of US constitution to become a Citizen of this great country?

All Legal Immigrant go through an excruciatingly painful obsolete US Immigration process during their 30-50 years of living in the States, so we requested the Obama Administration to give us much needed flexibility
for career progression/better companies. DHS/USCIS want us to be bonded to US employers via H1B / 140 petition and hands over the keys to them.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

Here is the first comment I banged out today. I will continue tweaking and re-submitting. 1k0-8n94-o1ad

Quote:
Dear Kevin,

I am writing to register my OPPOSITION to this rule - as an EB3 Immigrant Worker.

The core issue EB–1, EB–2, and EB–3 workers are facing, while waiting for a visa number number to become available - is unhealthy and unnatural dependence on the employer - and this ridiculous 180 page regulation does absolutely nothing to make the employee independent of the employer.

DHS has the authority to issue EAD and Advance Parole to EB–1, EB–2, and EB–3 workers with approved immigration petitions stuck in these backlogs, while making sure they move through the immigration process as priority dates become available and not requiring redundant re-filing of Labor certifications/I-140. DHS can continue issuing EAD's until the eventual adjudication of their I-485 application - without insisting on "Compelling Circumstances" or putting any artificial restrictions on their career and personal growth.

In fact, the above was the intent behind the President's Executive order in November 2014, when he ordered a modernization of the Legal Immigration System. No other modern western industrialized country keeps legal immigrants in an extended state of Visa limbo or treats them like indentured servants like the United States does.

Additionally, creating a two tiered class system of workers in the American Labor market creates incentives for employers to prefer hiring workers with less rights - i.e. workers on H1-B visa's as opposed to American workers. Companies underpay their American workers by using the implicit threat of replacing them with lower paid guest workers on H1-B (and L1) visas. Companies have lobbied very hard to create, preserve and protect this two tiered class system of workers.
As mentioned above, the root cause of this abuse by Companies on all workers (guest and domestic) in the American Labor market is the unhealthy and long-term dependence of immigrant workers on their employer. Also, Companies have lobbied very hard to create and maintain this system. I think that we all know that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the premier lobbying entity for Corporations that do business in the United States.

Given how hard Companies have worked to maintain this system and how much they benefit from the lack of job mobility with their H1-B workers, I have the following fair and reasonable questions for you about THE former top Immigration lobbyist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce - who joined DHS in September 2015. I want to know:
1. Why the lobbyist was allowed join DHS right after leaving the Chamber of Commerce without a cool-off period?
2. Why was this lobbyist allowed to work on the exact same Regulations - whose job required them to lobby on - quite literally the week before they joined DHS.
3. Why did this lobbyist and a senior DHS official visit the U.S. Chamber of Commerce shortly after the lobbyist joined DHS? Is such contact between the lobbyist and their former employer appropriate? Is it legal? Proof of this visit can be found in the following link: https://www.uschamber.com/sites/defa...final_-_v2.pdf

Given the strong hint of impropriety (not to mention that the rule directly contravenes a Presidential Executive order), I would also like to request an FBI investigation into the process that went into the drafting of this rule, namely if promises of employment (or other enticements) were made to DHS employees by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, I think it only fair that the FBI keep track of the careers of other employees associated with the drafting of this rule and see if any of them end up at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce or related entities when the current Administration demits office.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER

Last edited by hil3182; 01-07-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nutcracker1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoon786 View Post
douche
Son of a Douchebag

Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by hil3182 View Post
Here is the first comment I banged out today. I will continue tweaking and re-submitting. 1k0-8n94-o1ad
Done - 1k0-8n95-1e3y

Old 01-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of hil3182 has much to be proud of

It is very important to get the word out, that people explicitly "Reject" the Rule in the first line of all comments - or DHS might score it as a positive comment and we will not get the changes we want.

Contribute | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter

NOT A DAMN LAWYER