Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute
Default H4 Delays

My wife was applied for COS to H4 from H1B in December 2014 using I539 paper application. Plan was to get EAD to have flexibility.
After 6 months she asked for case status and they gave her SR number.
Using SR number we went to Dallas USCIS office infopass but they said they can only see the case being processed.
She wants to apply for EAD (I have 140 approved) but this delay is causing lot of problem.
USCIS asked not to apply for EAD until H4 is adjudicated.
It is not immediate need to go to India but she may have to attend a wedding.

Is anyone else facing same issue with converting to H4?

Can she abandon the case and go to India and get H4?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold kingvijay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTexas View Post
My wife was applied for COS to H4 from H1B in December 2014 using I539 paper application. Plan was to get EAD to have flexibility.
After 6 months she asked for case status and they gave her SR number.
Using SR number we went to Dallas USCIS office infopass but they said they can only see the case being processed.
She wants to apply for EAD (I have 140 approved) but this delay is causing lot of problem.
USCIS asked not to apply for EAD until H4 is adjudicated.
It is not immediate need to go to India but she may have to attend a wedding.

Is anyone else facing same issue with converting to H4?

Can she abandon the case and go to India and get H4?
FWIW, A couple of years ago, we applied for a COS from H1 to H4 for my wife. We left to India within a few days which can be considered abandoning the COS. Three months later we got an approval for COS and also she went for H4 stamping which had no issues. Though I am not sure of the actual rule, I think you can go to India and go for H4 stamping irrespective of the pending COS.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road

We also abandoned H4 to F1 visa COS. No issues stamping F1 in India.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrovvidi View Post
We also abandoned H4 to F1 visa COS. No issues stamping F1 in India.
Thanks for the help guys.

If we do not hear from them we will abandon and reapply in India. If they ask why we abandon - it is the ridiculous delay.