Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Wink H1B renewal at Delhi and using Ap at Detroit

Guys,
Just got back from India. While I was there I had my H1B extension stamped in my passport. It was a pretty painless process.

delhi consular ( apparently American Indian ) asked some basic questions like how long have you worked for your company and where all have you been based... Then noticed my Yankee shirt and we talked baseball for couple of minutes. He then said he would grant me the visa and I should get it by courier in 3-4 business days. Which is what happened.

One the way back I used AP to get back in the country and I landed at Detroit. This process was painless as well. There is a seprate blueline for AP cases which is a soft Secondary inspection he explained. he went in with the AP to verify its authenticity and came back and stamped the entry. I saw he had kept one of the AP documents of the previous lady so i asked him if he was going to keep one of my two documents. He said if I wanted he could make a copy if I wanted. I said please and he was more than happy to do that... I was on my way to catch the connecting flight with both the originals.

Moral of the story be nice to the officers and they return the favor

Hope this helps

WI State Chapter - http://groups.google.com/group/iv-wi-mw?hl=en
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all desitechie is a name known to all

Hey,

One quick question - Why did u use AP at POE when you had the H1 extension stamped?

Thanks

Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Talking Re:quick question

I am using EAD and didnt want to switch back and forth. Also my wife has ap and no H4 so decided to use AP for both.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to continue using EAD? If so won't that toast your H1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdang View Post
I am using EAD and didnt want to switch back and forth. Also my wife has ap and no H4 so decided to use AP for both.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about

Since you are using EAD, isnt ur status already changed from H1b to AOS?
So that being the case, when you went for H1b Stamping, didnt the IO tell you that your H1b is no loniger valid.
If your case is true, then why people say that once u use ur EAD, then you need to apply for a fresh H1b, if your 485 is denied.
Is your wife working on EAD too?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Lightbulb Are you going to continue using EAD?

Yes I am going to continue using EAD - No it does not toast my H1. H1B is a dual intent and since my GC is based on the same job, I can have dual status. Right now I am AOS and for wahtever reason I want to use H1B then I can switch anytime. (The main reason for getting H1B stamped was to get a 3 year driving license) If I were travelling alone I might have used H1B...

Old 12-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi77 View Post
Since you are using EAD, isnt ur status already changed from H1b to AOS?
So that being the case, when you went for H1b Stamping, didnt the IO tell you that your H1b is no loniger valid.
If your case is true, then why people say that once u use ur EAD, then you need to apply for a fresh H1b, if your 485 is denied.
Is your wife working on EAD too?
Yes my status is AOS. IO asked me if my GC was in process and I said yes. Thats all he asked and said on this topic.

Not sure on the last question - if the 485 is denied is the key I guess...

Old 12-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdang View Post
Guys,
Just got back from India. While I was there I had my H1B extension stamped in my passport. It was a pretty painless process.

delhi consular ( apparently American Indian ) asked some basic questions like how long have you worked for your company and where all have you been based... Then noticed my Yankee shirt and we talked baseball for couple of minutes. He then said he would grant me the visa and I should get it by courier in 3-4 business days. Which is what happened.

One the way back I used AP to get back in the country and I landed at Detroit. This process was painless as well. There is a seprate blueline for AP cases which is a soft Secondary inspection he explained. he went in with the AP to verify its authenticity and came back and stamped the entry. I saw he had kept one of the AP documents of the previous lady so i asked him if he was going to keep one of my two documents. He said if I wanted he could make a copy if I wanted. I said please and he was more than happy to do that... I was on my way to catch the connecting flight with both the originals.

Moral of the story be nice to the officers and they return the favor

Hope this helps
Sometimes depends on luck. I was stuck in Bombay for a week because they didn't have my data in computer. I was nice, officer was nice but no use.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 12-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Talking Bad luck... who can fight that?

I agree when your bad luck is bad ( bad luck kharab hai) then no one can do anything :-)