Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 08-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
augustus will become famous soon enough

Dear All,

I have a doubt pertaining to bringing my Parents on Visitor visa to US. My husband will be the sponsor for my parents. My husband and I are in H1 and H4. Since we applied for I-485 last july, we now have AP and EAD but both haven't been used yet. We do not have any stamping on our H visas. We plan to use AP for this. Now my Question is:

1. What documents are required to send to my parents so they can get their visitor visa from us? Would it be different because we applied I-485 and we have no stamping but only AP? Do we need to send our 485 information as well?

2. Can my parents apply this september for Visa but can they come say anytime they wish to? possibly 2009 march etc? Can one do that - get a visa and go when they wish to, or is there a timeline to complete travel?

Please assist me. I am on my own on this.

Thank you.

Sincerely
Augustus

Dear All,

I have a doubt pertaining to bringing my Parents on Visitor visa to US. My husband will be the sponsor for my parents. My husband and I are in H1 and H4. Since we applied for I-485 last july, we now have AP and EAD but both haven't been used yet. We do not have any stamping on our H visas. We plan to use AP for this. Now my Question is:

1. What documents are required to send to my parents so they can get their visitor visa from us? Would it be different because we applied I-485 and we have no stamping but only AP? Do we need to send our 485 information as well?

2. Can my parents apply this september for Visa but can they come say anytime they wish to? possibly 2009 march etc? Can one do that - get a visa and go when they wish to, or is there a timeline to complete travel?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Augustus

Last edited by pappu; 08-20-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus View Post
Dear All,

2. Can my parents apply this September for Visa but can they come say anytime they wish to? possibly 2009 march etc? Can one do that - get a visa and go when they wish to, or is there a timeline to complete travel?

Thank you.

Sincerely
Augustus
1. Affidavit of Support and Employment Letter

2. In most cases, yes.

Not a legal advise.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

I was in exactly same situation Me and Wife are on H1 & H4 with 485 pending. And Visa stamps expired. on their forms we wrote status as H1/ H4 since we were not moving to use our EAD. But to be safe we had sent them our EAD copies as well.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough s_r_e_e will become famous soon enough

you are in H status, your documents should prove that

For visa documents , I would send
Passport page with last expired visa
H1B renewal
485 receipt

since husband is sponsoring in-laws , you will need marriage certificate & your birth certificate.

mostly, parents get 10yr multiple entry visa. in such case they can travel any time. Some cases they issue 6 months single entry visa, in that case, parents need to enter US before the visa expiry.
________
CUTEXWILDBOY

Last edited by s_r_e_e; 09-15-2011 at 04:24 AM.